Penn State Child Sex Abuse Scandal

I disagreed with your position in a polite manner and offered my point of view. You lost your mind, and the remainder of the thread shows that.

The assclownery comment was a follow up to one of your strawmen "So your position is...", which was patently false. If you want to make up strawmen, and assign those positions to someone, then argue against that person based on the position you assigned to them, wouldn't it be better to just create a second account so you can argue with yourself?

Quiet time for both of you! Don't come out until you can shake hands and say yer sorry!

Quiet time for both of you! Don't come out until you can shake hands and say yer sorry!

Okay, I spent the last 3 hours watering trees. Kyle, I'm sorry I called your actions moronic, and your reading and comprehension skills less than average. ':D

BTW what is "assclownery". :dunno:

Last edited:
Okay, I spent the last 3 hours watering trees. Kyle, I'm sorry I called your actions moronic, and your reading and comprehension skills less than average. ':D

BTW what is "assclownery". :dunno:

The urban dictionary defines it this way:

"An act, or series of acts, performed by an assclown, that would appear absolutely ridiculous to a non assclown."

And I agree with Clark... This exchange is silly and I was dumb for pursuing it.

BTW, I wouldn't even classify him as a pedophile. 'Phile' means 'lover of', there was no love in evidence. That was shear evil malevolence, he is far far worse than pedophile, he is evil.

We really need to take this occasion to stop and honestly assess the character of our society. We need to wake up, this is where our greed gets us, our selfishness our stinginess. Really there are opinions I read here that make me wretch FYIGM, ugg, nauseating. We allow evil to pass because we prosper financially from it. Love of money overlooked evil for how long? I don't even remember how the story broke, I'm not sure I've ever known. Yeah, well, what did you expect?

Our social character is deeply flawed, as a nation we are sick.

Last edited:
BTW, I wouldn't even classify him as a pedophile. 'Phile' means 'lover of', there was no love in evidence. That was shear evil malevolence, he is far far worse than pedophile, he is evil.

We really need to take this occasion to stop and honestly assess the character of our society. We need to wake up, this is where our greed gets us, our selfishness our stinginess. Really there are opinions I read here that make me wretch FYIGM, ugg, nauseating. We allow evil to pass because we prosper financially from it. Love of money overlooked evil for how long? I don't even remember how the story broke, I'm not sure I've ever known. Yeah, well, what did you expect?

Our social character is deeply flawed, as a nation we are sick.

I totally agree. :yes:

The urban dictionary defines it this way:

"An act, or series of acts, performed by an assclown, that would appear absolutely ridiculous to a non assclown."

And I agree with Clark... This exchange is silly and I was dumb for pursuing it.

If I may, one of the point you may have been trying to make is I am going overboard with the criticism of Penn State, and you are right. Penn State is hurting right now, and will hurt for decades to come. Piling on is never a good thing. Penn State is a great university hat got caught up in a greed / power hungry trap like many businesses and institutions.

Henning is right, our society is very sick indeed.

"got caught up" is an excuse. There were people there who made conscious decisions to do evil. It wasn't a "trap", it was a decision.

This is not limited to Penn State, evil gets a pass everywhere. Southpark did a beautiful one when they did the "Something Wall Mart this way comes" episode.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Thing is it's the same old song and dance as when Moses came of the mount. Even the Mesopotamians knew it and legislated against usury when adopting money.

Look at the idolatry in our society, and the coveting as evident in this case as through out our society.

The problem is, usury is a Pandora's box that was opened long ago and will not slip gently into the night, so we have to solve it some other way.

I've been trying to sell a H2 plan, I could have the country squared away as an energy and fresh water exporter in 7 years. Run it as a utility and pay into treasury as a competing energy source on the free market. Let the consumer decide which they want. No one bought, even had some decent connections that kinda disappointed me a bit, but I have a new gig so that whole chapter has come to an end and it's time to move on. That was the longest I have been unemployed since 1976. Caught a pretty sweet break to from the AMO union. You know, people can say what they want, there are good unions and everybody prospers including the company, I have never been on board a union gig where I had any desire but to help the company by doing my job right. I have worked through good unions and I have I have for crap unions. This one took me off the street and sponsored me a $4000 Tankerman PIC so I can go ship out of Tampa in 2 weeks at a training rate of $390 a day. Cool thing with union gigs is your 21/21 rotations actually happen and you get time off.

"got caught up" is an excuse. There were people there who made conscious decisions to do evil. It wasn't a "trap", it was a decision.

( Psssst! I know, and agree with you, but we are not in the SZ and I have to behave myself. :rofl: Shhhhh! ;) )

> The individuals that knew about this need to feel the pain, and it needs to be
> harsh enough to dissuade similar activity here and elsewhere

I agree with the "dissuade" sentiment - but prefer that it be more towards the
scorched earth end of the spectrum.

- Charge & prosecute those that knew and failed to go to LE.
- I'd also love to see the NCAA eradicate 14 years of Athletic Dept history in all NCAA sports at Penn State. Yes; take away their championships.
- No bowl games for the next 14 years.
- No broadcasts of NCAA sports at Penn State for the next 14 years.

Last edited:
No, not at all, you misquoted me and twisted my words and started spouting, no worries.

I and others worked the math based on your proposals and came to the same conclusion, that you were off by orders of magnitude.

I and others worked the math based on your proposals and came to the same conclusion, that you were off by orders of magnitude.

The premis of your conclusion was deviant and twisted from the premis of my statement. There was one arithmetic error that was inconsequential but you jumped all over that to twist everything to an outcome I never sated. You just wanted to spew negative venom and you did. There is no technological challenge we cannot achieve, however it take the character to achieve. That just doesn't exist anymore. The national character that Kennedy inspired to go to the moon no longer exists, America is a bitter negative place now and it is saddening.

There are so many child who became victims of sexual abuse. Parents must guide their kids to avoid this situation happen.

This is not sexual abuse, this cannot be guarded against by a child or any individual. These were acts of torture perpetrated by an evil being.

The statue came down today...good decision.

And hopefully we'll get another good decision from the NCAA tomorrow; a long death penalty.

Or, if not a death penalty, then an order that all proceeds from the football program go to child sexual abuse prevention organizations for a long, long time. Like 10 years or so.

The statue came down today...good decision.

And hopefully we'll get another good decision from the NCAA tomorrow; a long death penalty.

Or, if not a death penalty, then an order that all proceeds from the football program go to child sexual abuse prevention organizations for 10 years or so.

:yeahthat:

Another in a long line of those destroyed by "the seriousness of the charges" while others with real problems swim away...

How was he supposed to know that his superiors never took any action? Perhaps he thought they investigated and did not find enough evidence. Calling police himself over allegations (unless he personally witnessed something) could have gotten him fired.

Pardon the hell out of me, I didn't realize Joe was found guilty by the GJ.

Are you posting in your individual capacity or as the official spokesman for the Guilty Until Found Innocent Society?

Pretty telling insight from POA members huh?

Not particularly surprising. Piling on is common behavior.

It works for Congress, and we know they are all white-hats. No reason it shouldn't work here.

And you seem to think you have all the facts necessary for a decision, other than those that might be presented by Paterno. Are you serving on Geico's "guilty until proven innnocent" committee, or just auditioning for the "get a rope" part as the guy in the front row of the pitchfork-wielding, mouth-breathing lynch mob in front of the jail?

I've probably posted a dozen times on this thread. Please point to any language suggesting that Paterno is entitled to anything other than the presumption of innocence until proven guilty or at least the opportunity to present his side of the story.

After that happens, I'll be happy to opine. Twenty-some years (combined) experience in running a police department as well as a number of human services companies has cured me from making decisions before the facts are in. Evidently that lesson hasn't yet sunk in for others.

I find the board's process and subsequent press conference to be somewhat curious, and am of the opinion that they threw Joe under the bus in their haste to "protect their brand" by canning a guy who may not have been responsible for the damage it incurred.

The spokesman said as much during the press conference, when he admitted the board didn't have all the facts but felt they had to make the call to move on without respect to Joe's rights to presnt his case. Many other avenues were available (admimistrative leave, suspension, etc.) that would have yielded a much more equitable resolution, but they opted for expediency rather than fairness. Welcome to PSU.

Maybe he lied, maybe he didn't. Are you sure? What was the specific question, and what was his response?

The email didn't say he filed a report, it says he notified the head of the department. Is it possible to notify the police without filing a report? How do the police handle such matters? Are you sure?

Is is possible that a case of sexual abuse of a child can be lost, ignored, forgotten or buried in a stack of paperwork at a police department? If you're sure it can't happen, take a look at today's DFW TV news websites regarding a case in McKinney, TX that occurred more than a year ago.

I'm impressed with your confidence that you have all the answers before the evidence has been presented and testimony has been heard. At what point prior to the verdict being announced did you conclude that O. J. was innocent? What information did you use to formulate that conclusion?

:popcorn:

I sure seems like that trio (along with Rusty) have bowed out of this conversation.

Conspicuously absent.

I thought the NCAA's sanctions today were a joke. 4 years without bowls...big whoop.

$60 million is but one year's football revenue. But at least it'll go to organizations working to help victims of child sexual abuse.

And I rolled on the floor laughing when NCAA President, Mark Emmert, said:

Football will never again be placed ahead of educating, nurturing and protecting young people

Put education before football...YGBSM...Really? It'll never happen. Nowhere.

I sure seems like that trio (along with Rusty) have bowed out of this conversation.

Conspicuously absent.

I thought the NCAA's sanctions today were a joke. 4 years without bowls...big whoop.

$60 million is but one year's football revenue. But at least it'll go to organizations working to help victims of child sexual abuse.

+10!!

Conspicuously absent.

Still better than I expected

Might as well take the death penalty off the books. What could a college due to deserve the death penalty if this does not merit it? :dunno:

Where are all of the supporters of Joe Paterno that posted his innocence here?

It is amazing to me one was a chief of police and he still supported Penn State and Joe Paterno. That I was over the top calling from him to be fired 12 months ago! Where is the apology? :dunno:

Maybe they like little boys too. :nono:

Maybe they like little boys too. :nono:

That's un-called for. Defending a presumption of not-guilty is a heck-of-a-lot different from being that which society deems perverted.

Other could play the same game with you: maybe you like little boys and just rant at others to hide your own guilt. See how it works?

That's un-called for. Defending a presumption of not-guilty is a heck-of-a-lot different from being that which society deems perverted.

Other could play the same game with you: maybe you like little boys and just rant at others to hide your own guilt. See how it works?

I see cowards that are afraid to admit they were wrong, and that I was dead right. I have no sympathy for those who molest children, or protect those who do.

Last edited:
I see cowards that are afraid to admit they were wrong, and that I was dead right. I have no sympathy for those who molest children, or protect those who do.

You go too far. Nobody on this board protected anybody. They withheld judgment. There is a difference. Perhaps you are unable to see it.

As for being "right" - well, give it time. You'll be wrong tomorrow.

I withdraw my "you must like little boys too" comment. It is over the top.

I can admit when I am wrong, not so much for those who defended a child molester and those who hid those facts from authorities for 14 years so more children could be raped.

No, actually they vehemently defended them.

I argue that defense is withholding judgment. Other see it differently (quite obviously). I won't call the defenders perverts and/or criminals. That's a conscienceless attack.

I argue that defense is withholding judgment. Other see it differently (quite obviously). I won't call the defenders perverts and/or criminals. That's a conscienceless attack.

I argue grown "men" stood by while children were sacrificed for sexual gratification to protect a football program. Those who could not see what was happening are truly blind.

Last edited:
I argue that defense is withholding judgment

sorry, that doesn't hold water.

When Wayne argued that Joe fully fulfilled his moral obligation by reporting to his superiors and that he had absolutely no moral obligation to go to the authorities...

...that went far beyond withholding judgment. That was vehemently defending indefensible actions.

Blindly so.

By the way...

That's the exact same argument that many use to defend the catholic church for protecting their abusive priests for decades.

Last edited:
Since two posters hold the same position, I'll reply that the defender was obviously saying that it was unknown exactly what was reported to Paterno. They were not defending predatory acts or a particular molester. They were saying that we don't know the facts. The passage of a year did not result in more victims. The defenders have not created more victims. Why should they be attacked?

Absolutely. The NCAA should not stop until they take everything.

Every current and past football player should be prevented from playing in the NFL or even working because they were part of the problem.

Paterno's family should pay back his entire salary, they should be turned out in the street and his house sold because they were part of the problem.

Every fan that ever cheered for the team should have to pay a penalty equivilent to the amount they supported the team because they were part of the problem.

Every student that ever attended Penn State should have their degrees revoked because they were part of the problem.

Professors that taught at the school should also have their degrees revoked because they failed to promote education and therefore they were part of the problem.

They should take away Joe Paterno's birthday.

They can do all of this and it would still not change the past.

So how many more people need to be hurt before it's "fixed".

Back