Part 135 Initial Checkride

Lance -

Des Moines. Nice thing is its close enough that they will just drive up here. At least I get to do the checkride at home rather than at the FSDO. Although it would've been cool soloing the aircraft to the checkride. The only other time i've solod a twin was to/from my MEI checkride.

Lance -

Des Moines. Nice thing is its close enough that they will just drive up here. At least I get to do the checkride at home rather than at the FSDO. Although it would've been cool soloing the aircraft to the checkride. The only other time i've solod a twin was to/from my MEI checkride.

Well soon enough...I assume you're not going to have an "SIC req'd" restriction. Or is Jeff/the insurance only going to let you fly with someone else until you have 98723807 hours?

nope im good to solo as far as the insurance is concerned. usually they would want someone with more total multi time but since I have an inordinate time in type (like nearly 100 out of 140ish multi hours) they were OK i guess. we currently have a regular charter customer that requires 2 pilots so that will be my first few trips will probably be with Jeff in the right seat looking over my shoulder. but then I'll be on my own!

Tony,

You are making a way bigger deal out of this than it is...

You will do fine. There will be nothing spooky of goofy, it will be a very straight-forward well briefed checkride.

The oral is basic IFR M/E Comm stuff, with the addition of your -135 manual.

I have flown with most of the inspectors down there and we are really lucky to have a great group here in IA.

The checkride is a known quantity, Two ILSs one with an AP and one single engine. Two non-precsion approaches, holding and airwork. That's about all there is to it.

Be ready to go to Newton, possibly Des Moines or Boone, you might do it all at Ames, but I almost always end up at Newton for some of them.

Tailwinds,
Doug Rozendaal

Tony,

You are making a way bigger deal out of this than it is...

He just likes the attention. It's like reality tv, but for checkrides.

Tony, what's the new date? I'm back home for a few days, so let me know if there's anything I can do to help.

Matthew

Tony, what's the new date? I'm back home for a few days, so let me know if there's anything I can do to help.

Matthew

Yea, this thread should be renamed "Pimp My Checkride." Starring our very own Tony Condon. I bet Tony will wear his hat in uniform one day.

Attachments

• tony.jpg
    tony.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 27

Matthew

matt - tuesday the 18th. you going to be up around here this weekend?

Tony, no sweat, I have complete confidence in you and I am hoping all this 135 work wont stop us from getting a glider flight in this summer if I make it back to Iowa. Good Luck.

thanks. ride got moved to wedensday. examiner didnt like the weather forecast for the morning. not so bad really, i can try to make up for the night of lost studying while I was in Lincoln last night.

oral should start in 1/2 hour or so, ill report back here. ah and the examiner just drove in.

I just wanted to say good luck, we're all counting on you!

airplane2.jpg

well i blew it. everything was great until the last approach, a SE ILS. Glideslope at our home base is flaky and it was going in and out, so i was focused on that and totally blew the localizer. Hopefully i can get back with them the next day or so and get that taken care of.

Our own Rick Gleason was giving me vectors for the approaches, that was cool!

Nothing more than a slight delay. It's good to have most of it past you.
Glad I'm just doing Pt 91:yes:

the good news is I have an appointment at the FSDO tomorrow morning with a different inspector to finish off the SE ILS requirement. I flew one with the boss this afternoon and of course nailed it.

Glideslope at our home base is flaky

I can attest to that! :yes:

Our own Rick Gleason was giving me vectors for the approaches, that was cool!

Yeah, but did he recognize your voice on the radio? ;) (OK, so he probably did, you're almost as famous as I am now! :D)

Sorry to hear about the bust - But, busts make us learn the hard way. What I busted my IR ride on originally could easily have killed me, but I'm sure I'll be double-checking for life now.

yea, rick did figure out it was me.

sky condition clear, wind calm. Im headed to the FSDO in 45 minutes...

finished up the ride, did good. headed to lafayette this afternoon! :D

The bad part is now you have to do it again EVERY SIX MONTHS. LMAO.

(Welcome to my world.) :D

trip this afternoon went great. got to get a feel for the 421 at gross.

I'm happy for you! Good work, Tony!

Congratulations Tony! :cheerswine:

BTW, welcome to charter! [insert evil grin icon here]

Cool beans! Bummer for the first one, but good on ya' for the second one!

Congrats!

Congrats Tony! I bet you can't wait to fly the 421 at gross when its 95 out and humid!

Congrats Tony! I bet you can't wait to fly the 421 at gross when its 95 out and humid!

oh yea cant wait! ;)

thanks everybody. its been a busy 36 hrs. the flight this morning was a lot of fun. soloing the 421 was a really cool feeling. and the visit with the FSDO inspector was very worthwhile. The trip out to Lafayette and back was also a great experience. Departing at gross was awesome experience to get with the boss on board. I was happy to see that the airplane handled well on climb out, just not quite the same rate that ive gotten used to when light.

Somebody has to say Bravo Zulu.

Great work, Tony. As usual, I'm jealous - when I was an ISU student, I'd only been in a GA airplane once, and I certainly had never heard of Part 135.

M

Woohoo, great job, Tony! Why would you wanna do 135 work tho? :dunno: ?

j/k!

Back