Paris attack.... how might we protect ourselves?

"These people" don't all think the same any more than Americans do... which is obvious in this thread.

Sure, I agree. Like I said, only a small percentage of refugees would likely be terrorists, or terrorist sympathizers.

The problem is that it will be a percentage and it will be measurable with real consequences.

Sure, I agree. Like I said, only a small percentage of refugees would likely be terrorists, or terrorist sympathizers.

The problem is that it will be a percentage and it will be measurable with real consequences.
A small percentage of any group are bad actors. I don't think we should turn our backs on the true refugees because we are afraid of a very small percentage who might slip through. The vetting process is very long (about 24 months). I looked it up. It's easier to get in the country as a visitor, so I doubt potential terrorists will wait that long.

It seems as if we have the means to do it. When attacks happen we often hear that some of the people were on a list or were being observed.

I'm OK with no guarantees, though.

You are? How nice of you. I hope they are all relocated to Colorado or San Francisco.

Why wouldn't you want a guarantee if you can get one? There's one way to do that: don't let any Syrian refugees into the US. Period, end of story. What is wrong with that.

You are? How nice of you. I hope they are all relocated to Colorado or San Francisco.
That's fine with me. I'm happy that, so far, the governors of both Colorado and California have not announced that they will not accept refugees.

BTW, the person who looks after my mail and the condo was admitted to this country as a refugee.

Last edited:
Why wouldn't you want a guarantee if you can get one? There's one way to do that: don't let any Syrian refugees into the US. Period, end of story. What is wrong with that.

What's wrong with that? The fact that you arent allowing HUMANS basic rights on a ridiculous notion of "safety". Be a decent human being.

You are infinitely more likely to be killed in a car crash or in a plane, or by your own gun, than by a terrorist.

If you want true safety. Lets ban cars, planes, guns, anything with any semblance of kinetic or electric energy, kill all animals with potential to kill you, turn off gravity. Then and ONLY then is terrorism even possibly a threat to your life worth mentioning.

But until we do all that, how about we be compassionate. Those people didnt win the lottery of being born in the US like you did, so drop the arrogance of acting like you are better because you lucked out. They won't affect you.

Last edited:
That's fine with me. I'm happy that, so far, the governors of both Colorado and California have not announced that they will not accept refugees.

Yup, it's all about how it is handled. Build relationships in the immigrant community and monitor it for radicals. We are a nation of immigrants and should not abandon our heritage.

They are probably on that list simply because of their travels to or from places like Syria.

And if they come by land from Syria to Turkey to Hungary and ultimately to Germany, what sort of database will they be on from Syria?

What basic rights am I denying anyone? What authority are these basic human rights mandated by? This mega rights granting authority should just give them their rights while they are in the country of their birth. What is decent about committing cultural suicide? Not really decent for those of European ancestry. Safety is a strawman and you know it. This isn't about safety.
What's wrong with that? The fact that you arent allowing HUMANS basic rights on a ridiculous notion of "safety". Be a decent human being.

You are infinitely more likely to be killed in a car crash or in a plane, or by your own gun, than by a terrorist.

If you want true safety. Lets ban cars, planes, guns, anything with any semblance of kinetic or electric energy, kill all animals with potential to kill you, turn off gravity. Then and ONLY then is terrorism even possibly a threat to your life.

But until we do all that, how about we be compassionate. Those people didnt win the lottery of being born in the US like you did, so drop the arrogance of acting like you are better because you lucked out.

What basic rights am I denying anyone? What authority are these basic human rights mandated by? This mega rights granting authority should just give them their rights while they are in the country of their birth. What is decent about committing cultural suicide? Not really decent for those of European ancestry. Safety is a strawman and you know it. This isn't about safety.

What culture does america have? We eat Mexican food by the tonnes, our most "American" food is German. Our traditions are mixes of every religion known to man. Our culture is a hodgepodge of the world.

Get off your damn high horse. America's culture is a mix of everyone. Adding people only enriches it.

Yup, it's all about how it is handled. Build relationships in the immigrant community and monitor it for radicals. We are a nation of immigrants and should not abandon our heritage.

Our heritage is not IQ 80 Muslims. Our heritage is the industrious European people that invented airplanes, modern medecine and everything you love.

What culture does america have? We eat Mexican food by the tonnes, our most "American" food is German. Our traditions are mixes of every religion known to man. Our culture is a hodgepodge of the world.

Get off your damn high horse. America's culture is a mix of everyone. Adding people only enriches it.

Lowest common denominator mean anything to you. Why is Mexico a filthy unsafe place and New Mexico isn't? But you have a point if the imported middle eastern hordes don't drag us into being mud people the southern hordes will.

Our heritage is not IQ 80 Muslims. Our heritage is the industrious European people that invented airplanes, modern medecine and everything you love.
Lowest common denominator mean anything to you. Why is Mexico a filthy unsafe place and New Mexico isn't? But you have a point if the imported middle eastern hordes don't drag us into being mud people the southern hordes will.

Do you believe in the aryan race?
Do you enjoy goosestepping around your front yard?
Do you believe that every race other than aryan is inferior?

Then do I have the place for you!

https://www.kkk.com/

It's the place to go for all of your arrogant close-minded jackass white supremacy needs!

Last edited:

It's the place to go for all of your white supremacy needs!

What have they invented in Syria that would add to the enjoyment or comfort in your life. Call me names if you must but think, these are very old civilizations that haven't invented or built anything. Maybe you could google up a list of grand Syrian inventions. Perhaps check your local library for great works of Syrian literature, poetry, art, or flying machines.

What have they invented in Syria that would add to the enjoyment or comfort in your life. Call me names if you must but think, these are very old civilizations that haven't invented or built anything. Maybe you could google up a list of grand Syrian inventions. Perhaps check your local library for great works of Syrian literature, poetry, art, or flying machines.

Nothing important... except civilization itself.

Ever hear of Mesopotamia... aka the CRADLE OF CIVILIZATION. As far as I'm concerned your white buddies that have invented all of that... which you had no part of but feel just fine piggy backing off of... are just piggy backing off of the Syrians and their development of civilization.

So I reiterate:

It's the place to go for all of your arrogant close-minded jackass white supremacy needs!

Last edited:

I understand that there are many challenges with the current situation. Prejudice is just one of them...

Wow. You found one. Woohoo! I guess that makes it all ok now.

I found many more than one if you look back through the thread. I was actually surprised. They aren't too far behind us in allowing female fighter pilots.

I understand that there are many challenges with the current situation. Prejudice is just one of them...

It isn't prejudice it is the truth. Do the pro-immigrantors here expect our new friends to integrate into American society? What has Syrian society given the world? What do we expect they will give America? The only argument pro-immis have for committing cultural suicide is 'it's the nice thing to do.' Preserving yourself, your family, and our great history of cool inventions and democratic society is nice too.

It isn't prejudice it is the truth. Do the pro-immigrantors here expect our new friends to integrate into American society? What has Syrian society given the world? What do we expect they will give America? The only argument pro-immis have for committing cultural suicide is 'it's the nice thing to do.' Preserving yourself, your family, and our great history of cool inventions and democratic society is nice too.

Let me ask this. your "culture" and history of "culture" aside. What have YOU contributed to society?

They say my generation is the entitled generation. Boy do we have a lot to learn on that subject from you.

Last edited:

What have the Irish given the world but the potato famine?

If you want true safety. Lets ban cars, planes, guns, anything with any semblance of kinetic or electric energy, kill all animals with potential to kill you, turn off gravity. Then and ONLY then is terrorism even possibly a threat to your life worth mentioning.

But until we do all that, how about we be compassionate. Those people didnt win the lottery of being born in the US like you did, so drop the arrogance of acting like you are better because you lucked out. They won't affect you.

Coming to the United States is a "basic human right"? Your delusional. Unless you're just an open-borders, one-world-order type of guy, in which case you're totally delusional.

And you're going to burn yourself with all the strawmen that you're setting up.

Why are you willing to allow 200 terrorists in (100,000 * 0.002 as given as an example above) in the belief that it's a basic human right? How many caused the mayhem in Paris? How many killed 3,000 people on 9/11/01?

Let me ask this. your "culture" and history of "culture" aside. What have YOU contributed to society?
I am the first volunteer astronaut for the soon to be announced joint US-Syrian space agency. We're going to the moon or Tel-Aviv not sure which side is doing the guidance stuff.:lol:
Seriously you guys haven't produced a single example of any great invention or art ever produced by Syrian culture. Ever. Graveyard spiral to the lowest common standard of living on the planet and you all know it.

What have the Irish given the world but the potato famine?

BITE YOUR TONGUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

top-10-irish-beers-on-tapjpg-35d9bfc3eb34dd5c.jpg

How's the melting pot concept working out for Muslim immigrants to London or Paris? Are you ready for "no go zones" in Fort Collins?

What basic rights am I denying anyone? What authority are these basic human rights mandated by? .

the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God

Or maybe you'll remember this gem:

He has endeavoured to prevent the population of these States; for that purpose obstructing the Laws for Naturalization of Foreigners; refusing to pass others to encourage their migrations hither, and raising the conditions of new Appropriations of Lands.

Seriously you guys haven't produced a single example of any great invention or art ever produced by Syrian culture. Ever. Graveyard spiral to the lowest common standard of living on the planet and you all know it.

Nothing important... except civilization itself.

Ever hear of Mesopotamia... aka the CRADLE OF CIVILIZATION. As far as I'm concerned your white buddies that have invented all of that... which you had no part of but feel just fine piggy backing off of... are just piggy backing off of the Syrians and their development of civilization.

right.

2921380.jpg

I have to thank you. In my time I don't think I've ever truly known what racism is, nor do many of the #___livesmatter movements. But you sir showed me true unbridled racism and it's been a learning experience.

Or you're a troll.

Last edited:
If only we had a seasonally relevant story of middle easterners wandering in search of refuge.

073c90e24af4a1e5b0ee104ec318c3bb.jpg

Only irrelevant because your not thinking correctly. In France, gun laws are very strict compared to america. They are not used to this type of killing as we are. In fact Europe in general has very strict gun laws compared to America. The AK 47s used in Paris would be much harder to get hold of,were probably smuggled in. Here , they are easily procured, thousands of them in circulation.

You're not thinking correctly. When Islamic radicals enter our country by invitation of the left those easy to buy AK-47s will end up in their hands.

Those "refugees" have no papers, there is no way to determine who they are or where they came from. The reasonable thing to do is stop any importation of people from the war zones of the Middle East until a program is put in place to safeguard our country.

There's nothing reactionary or bigoted about common sense.

I am the first volunteer astronaut for the soon to be announced joint US-Syrian space agency. We're going to the moon or Tel-Aviv not sure which side is doing the guidance stuff.:lol:

Art wise? Have you not been reading about the destruction of antiquities in Syria over the past year? The region has a rich cultural history, only being known as Syria since the post WW1 period.

You're not thinking correctly. When Islamic radicals enter our country by invitation of the left those easy to buy AK-47s will end up in their hands.

Those "refugees" have no papers, there is no way to determine who they are or where they came from. The reasonable thing to do is stop any importation of people from the war zones of the Middle East until a program is put in place to safeguard our country.

There's nothing reactionary or bigoted about common sense.

The refugees destined for the US have been screened, numerous times

They are not the same ones that came this summer into Greece.

The pool for the US is different than the pool that was in Hungary and moving to Germany : France.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How do you screen a person that rode a train and walked 1,100 miles from a war zone with nothing but their backpack and a few torn photos? The city they came from might not exist anymore.

How do you screen a person that rode a train and walked 1,100 miles from a war zone with nothing but their backpack and a few torn photos? The city they came from might not exist anymore.

Those aren't the ones coming to the US.

0ecbee37dd79097b949b40cbf9eca0bc.jpg

Back