Paris attack.... how might we protect ourselves?

Topic swerve again with a new thought - how about if we place all new immigrants on a program to assist them with integration into the US? Once a week they need to meet with a social worker who can help direct them on processes and check on what they're doing, where they're working, etc...make sure that they're getting the most from the American Dream. Along the way, the social worker is helping keep tabs on what the person is doing and looking for signs that they might not be legitimate.

Seems like a win-win. It helps solves the issue of what happened in Paris and I think would alleviate some of the fear and stigma they're going to experience.

Immigrants and refugees might have vastly different reasons for coming to the US.

I like coleslaw on it's own, in a small qty. Or on a pulled pork sandwich.

I prefer a vinegar based slaw but every now and then I enjoy one that seems to have more of a salad dressing base, with a sweeter taste.

This is true and from what is stated by many of the obvious bigots on this site, much better educated! We tried this type of bigotry during WW2 by locking up all the Japanese on the west coast! A real dumb idea. Took away their homes, their incomes, their businesses, etc. They also participate by usually being in the top of their class in college, and contribute big time in our economy.

Then again, we'll never know what kind of sabotage or guerrilla fighting may have occurred if we didn't inter.

Topic swerve again with a new thought - how about if we place all new immigrants on a program to assist them with integration into the US? Once a week they need to meet with a social worker who can help direct them on processes and check on what they're doing, where they're working, etc...make sure that they're getting the most from the American Dream. Along the way, the social worker is helping keep tabs on what the person is doing and looking for signs that they might not be legitimate.

Seems like a win-win. It helps solves the issue of what happened in Paris and I think would alleviate some of the fear and stigma they're going to experience.

I think one of the biggest issues for refugees trying to assimilate today is the lack of jobs. Our U6 unemployment is over 90 million discouraged workers. It's tough out there, especially if you have no skills.

Yes, but at the same time, there must be an opportunity for productive integration. Right now we already have a problem with unemployment and productive positions for our current population and bringing in yet another source of competition for resources that are already limited is just going to multiply domestic strife. We need to provide a new vector of production, and what the world needs most, and poses the greatest threat to free society, is food and water. ISIS grew out of a drought and famine exploited by Assad to punish Sunni factions that oppose him. Then we took advantage of that to help get rid of Assad because he doesn't let his oil get sold in US Dollars like the rest of Arabian (and the majority of the world, just look who is not on our enemy list that has oil) do. That is the Shia problem with the west, and compounds their aggregence with the Sunni.

The answer to our problems both foreign and domestic is to change our resource allocation model. Communism is coming. While you are distracted by Islam fighting with guns and bombs, China is at war with us by buying up all our resources, real estate, and production capacity with our own debt. Remember what happened at the Cirrus hand over ceremony where they had the "Welcome our Chinese Partners!" banner; "Take that down, we're not partners, we own you." Thing is, what the Chinese want is food to feed their people. We can trade food and water directly to both Islamic states and China and buy our protection wth it.

I think one of the biggest issues for refugees trying to assimilate today is the lack of jobs. Our U6 unemployment is over 90 million discouraged workers. It's tough out there, especially if you have no skills.

That is the problem, that is why this is the answer: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/urban-agriculture-and-energy--2#/

It opens up a productive job for everybody that creates food, water, and energy from what just gives us energy and pollution now.

How much of that is a language barrier + unfamiliarity with the US employment system?

They're perfect for employment by TSA.

That is kinda what the current program that has so many scared of the women and children enrolled in it.

They aren't just dumped at a Greyhound bus station and left to scrounge around for food.

True.

Arguably the Boston Marathon bombing was worse. Even though there were fewer fatalities (6 vs 27?), there were far more injuried (260+ vs 2).

It would be a strange argument to make, but if you see equivalency, then that is ok.

Should we have an equivalent response to make sure no refugees get into the US and no AR15's get purchased? It only takes 1 bad apple to spoil the whole bunch.

FOYD4Lg.gif

It would be a strange argument to make, but if you see equivalency, then that is ok.

Should we have an equivalent response to make sure no refugees get into the US and no AR15's get purchased? It only takes 1 bad apple to spoil the whole bunch.

where did you come up with that?

:dunno:

Back