Panel upgrade - getting modern gps

ArrowFlyer86

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
The Little Arrow That Could
Throughout IFR training it's become clear that I really need to get an IFR GPS to expand my capabilities.

Assuming this is your starting point, how would you customize it to get the most functionality bang-for-the-buck? Right now the center stack is a KLN89 GPS (VFR-only), 2 KX-155 TSO NAV/COMMs, then on the right: an INOP ADF and a fully operational DME, accompanied by a GTX335 xpdr (w/ADS-B out). I also have 2 CDI/GS needles currently powered by the KX155s.

I also normally fly with a Sentry suctioned to the window that pipes data to my iPad(s) for traffic/weather (and the ipad of course also loads my IFR approach plates and flight plans). A configuration I've found works well for me.

upload_2023-7-7_12-35-41.png

Were this your panel and your mission was to be able to fly LPV/LNAV approaches and have reliable updated equipment for that, how would you go about it? I'm trying to plan ahead so I don't have to play whack-a-mole doing piecemeal upgrades, while also not breaking the bank by dropping money for functionality I don't need.

Additionally any recommendations on avionics shops with positive PIREPs are helpful. I'll fly this thing anywhere in the continental US for the right shop.

Remove the King GPS, install either an Avidyne or Garmin (let's be realistic - is there anything else?) that talks to one of the CDIs. That's all you'll need. To go a bit more "high end", swap one of the CDIs for an HSI and make that one talk to the GPS.

I went with a G5-HSI and the GPS 175. Total bill was under $12K but they had to deal with a lot of ancient wiring and integrating with the GTX 335 transponder. Retail on the 175 is $5K and that includes the antenna, tray, etc. Just the GPS and possibly around $8000 total.

I'm partial to AATG at GXY (Greeley, CO) or Depot Avionics (KLAS) Alamosa, CO. Both do quality work, not outlandish pricing (very fair but not the cheapest but quality all the way)

Remove the King GPS, install either an Avidyne or Garmin (let's be realistic - is there anything else?) that talks to one of the CDIs. That's all you'll need. To go a bit more "high end", swap one of the CDIs for an HSI and make that one talk to the GPS.

I went with a G5-HSI and the GPS 175. Total bill was under $12K but they had to deal with a lot of ancient wiring and integrating with the GTX 335 transponder. Retail on the 175 is $5K and that includes the antenna, tray, etc. Just the GPS and possibly around $8000 total.

I'm partial to AATG at GXY (Greeley, CO) or Depot Avionics (KLAS) Alamosa, CO. Both do quality work, not outlandish pricing (very fair but not the cheapest but quality all the way)
That's kind of the same setup I was thinking, a GPS175 and G5 HSI (then I can pull the vacuum system). That gives me the functionality I need for GPS. Not opposed to avidyne either I just need to research the merits of it and ipad/foreflight compatibility.

The shops I talked to thus far had both pitched GTN650Xi and other goodies, but it felt really redundant with my other stuff. And the trade-in value I'd get for my existing equipment was essentially zero, giving me even less of an incentive to consider a GTN.

The cheapest option would be to replace the GPS with a GPS 175, mark the bottom KX155 Nav side Inop and use that indicator for the 175. You won’t need to install the GPS antenna for the 175, because you have one already for the GTX335, so 2 wires from the 175 to the 335, and hook the antenna to the 175. That would be by far the easiest. In my shop that would cost about $6,500 out the door, and would take about a day. No audio wiring, and the 175 fits where your current GPS sits.

if you want to replace the gps and one KX155 with a GPS/Nav/Com, then either an IFD440 or GTN650. You would likely need a different indicator, because the GPS is outside the field of view, so you would need the annunciator to tell you whether the CDI is GPS or VLOC. A GI106A/B or Mid Continent equivalent would be the best way to do this on a budget. This would be in the range of $17,000. Then, since you are getting into the audio with a new Nav and Com, you need to ask yourself if it would make sense to get a new audio panel (it would), which would add $4-5,000 to the bill.

If you want to turn your single G5 into a double G5, that would require a lot more wiring. The total cost there would be $20-22,000 probably.

The cheapest option would be to replace the GPS with a GPS 175, mark the bottom KX155 Nav side Inop and use that indicator for the 175. You won’t need to install the GPS antenna for the 175, because you have one already for the GTX335, so 2 wires from the 175 to the 335, and hook the antenna to the 175. That would be by far the easiest. In my shop that would cost about $6,500 out the door, and would take about a day. No audio wiring, and the 175 fits where your current GPS sits.

if you want to replace the gps and one KX155 with a GPS/Nav/Com, then either an IFD440 or GTN650. You would likely need a different indicator, because the GPS is outside the field of view, so you would need the annunciator to tell you whether the CDI is GPS or VLOC. A GI106A/B or Mid Continent equivalent would be the best way to do this on a budget. This would be in the range of $17,000. Then, since you are getting into the audio with a new Nav and Com, you need to ask yourself if it would make sense to get a new audio panel (it would), which would add $4-5,000 to the bill.

If you want to turn your single G5 into a double G5, that would require a lot more wiring. The total cost there would be $20-22,000 probably.
Thanks for the info there!

Question, how come replacing the KLN89 with a GPS175 and using bottom CDI doesn't necessitate a new CDI, but getting a GTN or IFD440 would? Wouldn't the GPS unit occupy the same space either way? Not familiar with the "field of view" limitation. Is that because the GTN could be on a separate (non GPS) page or something?

And for that third setup (dual G5s), does that pricing assume a GPS175 or a GTN?

Also 1 day turn around time for the first option is the best I've gotten yet by about a factor of 7.
1 week was the previous fastest quote, not sure if because of their scheduling or they just sandbagged the quote to include backup time.

Thanks for the info there!

Question, how come replacing the KLN89 with a GPS175 and using bottom CDI doesn't necessitate a new CDI, but getting a GTN or IFD440 would? Wouldn't the GPS unit occupy the same space either way? Not familiar with the "field of view" limitation. Is that because the GTN could be on a separate (non GPS) page or something?

And for that third setup (dual G5s), does that pricing assume a GPS175 or a GTN?
The GPS175 doesn't need to annunciate between GPS and VLOC, because it is GPS only. The GPS/Nav/Com does annunciate GPS and VLOC, but the GPS requires some annunciator closer than itself when it is where you would have it located. The 175 doesn't need it because it doesn't need to annunciate that.

Also 1 day turn around time for the first option is the best I've gotten yet by about a factor of 7.
1 week was the previous fastest quote, not sure if because of their scheduling or they just sandbagged the quote to include backup time.
We would obviously have to schedule it in, but it is not a complicated or time-consuming installation.

The GPS175 doesn't need to annunciate between GPS and VLOC, because it is GPS only. The GPS/Nav/Com does annunciate GPS and VLOC, but the GPS requires some annunciator closer than itself when it is where you would have it located. The 175 doesn't need it because it doesn't need to annunciate that.
Thank you very much for the helpful information. I'll do a bit more research and see which one of these configurations is most appealing.

What is your budget?

If you can swing it, replace DG with G-5 HSI. Replace the King GPS and one nav/com with a GTN-650 (used -650 or best a new 650Xi)

Bonus would be to replace transponder with GTX-345.

That would be a VERY potent panel

What is your budget?

If you can swing it, replace DG with G-5 HSI. Replace the King GPS and one nav/com with a GTN-650 (used -650 or best a new 650Xi)

Bonus would be to replace transponder with GTX-345.

That would be a VERY potent panel
Gotcha. I can see the advantages of the GTN and G5, but what's the relative benefit of the GTX345?

I'm probably just a bit ignorant, but to me a transponder model doesn't really add much functionality. Is it to add ADS-B in, or are there other compelling advantages?

Also, if you're into the upper range already, and since we are spending your money, possibly go for Dynon HDX, and keep the G5 for backup (Jesse would have to verify that's possible).
Add other components when you can't say no.

Gotcha. I can see the advantages of the GTN and G5, but what's the relative benefit of the GTX345?
If you had already decided to get the GTN650, then a GTX345 would allow additional screens in the 650 to be active.

imho - If you are gonna spend the cash on the 650 then it is nice to get all the use that you can from it. If the upgrade cost going from the GTX335 to the GTX345 is past your budget than potentially you might want something cheaper than the 650 anyhow.

BTW - If you did decide to upgrade from the GTX335 to the GTX345, you would have the option of "Remote Mount" or "Panel Mount". Your photo shows the Panel Mount with your GTX 335 now. I fly both ways and generally find the remote transponder more of a PITA and very much prefer the Panel Mount.

Last edited:
I'll add to recommendations to add a G5 HSI. Dual G5s make a WAAS GPS panel really sing, especially if you couple the HSI to even a 1-axis autopilot. And good riddance to the vacuum system. I have a GNS-430W, dual G5s, a legacy STEC-20 AP, and a Lynx NGT9000 transponder/display. This is a very comfortable setup for IFR. I also have a secondary NAV-COM and CDI for redundancy, although it virtually never gets used for primary NAV except maybe for an IPC. When the GNS-430W crumps, it will turn into an IFD440, which should be a fairly straightforward upgrade.

LPV capability is boss for flying IFR to non-metro airports.

I second that. I can hardly imagine flying instruments without an HSI anymore.

- Martin
This is something I can't relate to simply because I've never flown with an HSI in my plane. I find the traditional CDI/GS needles to be nearly foolproof (for both VOR tracking and flying an approach), whereas I have to play a flight simulator to see how an HSI works. Even still I struggle to see how the display on an HSI is superior for an approach compared to the traditional 2 needles on my cdi.

Then again, if I had one in my plane and I got used to it I might be singing a very different tune :)

I like the idea of a G5 HSI primarily because I'd like to pull the vacuum system, and then I don't have to calibrate the DG every 20 mins to the compass.

LPV capability is boss for flying IFR to non-metro airports.
Yeah, that's really where it shines. If I was always flying into B/C and most Deltas it wouldn't be so much an issue, but a lot of the places I want to fly I need it.

Moreover what sucks is that some of the ILS/LOC approaches that I will be flying to visit family and stuff have a missed approach procedure that requires either an ADF (barf) or a suitable GPS to navigate directly to it. KAZO ILS 35 and KVPZ ILS are two such approaches IIRC. So I need a Gps to fly those anyways, I think.

This is something I can't relate to simply because I've never flown with an HSI in my plane. I find the traditional CDI/GS needles to be nearly foolproof (for both VOR tracking and flying an approach), whereas I have to play a flight simulator to see how an HSI works. Even still I struggle to see how the display on an HSI is superior for an approach compared to the traditional 2 needles on my cdi.

Then again, if I had one in my plane and I got used to it I might be singing a very different tune :)

I like the idea of a G5 HSI primarily because I'd like to pull the vacuum system, and then I don't have to calibrate the DG every 20 mins to the compass.
Trust me....I was of the same opinion....HSI is irrelevant. Then I had the G5-HSI installed with the 175....UNBELIEVABLE! Rock solid on approach every single time. I am a convert! Plus the approach is displayed graphically on the 175 to make it even easier.

Would I have liked the GTN 650? Of course but....between the 175 and the iPad (foreflight, garmin pilot, wingX, whatever) and that the cherokee is only suitable for mild to middlin' IMC (if that), I decided to minimize the expenses. The advantage of swapping the transponder for adsb-in & out is traffic display on the 175 and the iPad. But I went cheap - only adsb-out, and a $135 stratux for in. Haven't had any problems in the 3-4 years I've been using it. But, I live in the west, where we don't have the traffic and airports every 5 miles. You've got the Sentry, which does the same job, and no need to spend more $$$ if you don't want to.

Definite advantage of the 2 G5 to eliminate the vacuum system. One less thing to go wrong.

http://www.nyx.net/~bcohen/N2127R/n2127r.html

Awesome thread as I'm sure there are plenty of us with VFR panels looking for the best upgrade path to IFR capability. Aviation Consumer is running a little series on "here's a panel, what are some upgrade paths" very similar to this and it's really helpful and informative.

And kudos to @Jesse Saint for chiming in on threads like this with ballpark estimates and suggestions from someone in the business!

I'm curious as I see the G5's recommended over GI 275's often. Why is that? I know the 275's cost more but they're also newer and the G5's ought to be getting close to a hardware refresh or being replaced by a new product in a handful of years, or so I've seen opined on various forums.
Is it because he's already got one G5 in the panel?

but what's the relative benefit of the GTX345?

I'm probably just a bit ignorant, but to me a transponder model doesn't really add much functionality. Is it to add ADS-B in, or are there other compelling advantages?

ADSB in, which gives you traffic and weather. Plus it, with the GTN have everything to connect to your tablet running Garmin Pilot or ForeFlight to display the traffic and weather on a larger screen.

No separate ADSB In box to deal with.

Even slicker is the 345R, which is remote, you control it though the GTN.

Awesome thread as I'm sure there are plenty of us with VFR panels looking for the best upgrade path to IFR capability. Aviation Consumer is running a little series on "here's a panel, what are some upgrade paths" very similar to this and it's really helpful and informative.

And kudos to @Jesse Saint for chiming in on threads like this with ballpark estimates and suggestions from someone in the business!

I'm curious as I see the G5's recommended over GI 275's often. Why is that? I know the 275's cost more but they're also newer and the G5's ought to be getting close to a hardware refresh or being replaced by a new product in a handful of years, or so I've seen opined on various forums.
Is it because he's already got one G5 in the panel?

1) He has one G-5 already
2) G-5 has about a 4 hour battery life versus the GI 275 maybe one hour.
3) GI-275 displays look busy to me to fit to the round form factor.
4) I don't like the curved tapes in the GI-275.

Because it shows you both the CDI info and the DG info on the same device. So you don't have to do the mental calculations of how many degrees of intercept or wind correction you have.

Less scanning in that the information is on the same display.

The only caveat about trying it on the sim is, you WILL want to put it in your plane.

I don't blame you. For many pilots, their only touchpoint with an HSI was the questions and diagrams in the FAA written test. Those were designed to confuse the heck out of pilots, and frankly the FAA did a good job with that.

In real-life instrument flying, the HSI is incredibly easy and intuitive to use:
  • It combines two instruments (CDI and directional gyro) into one, making your instrument scan easier.
  • It provides a map-like bird's eye view of where the airplane is located and where it's headed in relation to the desired course. There is no question about which way to turn to intercept a course.
  • An HSI is almost always slaved, so it doesn't drift away like most DGs do.
  • An electronic HSI adds to that a ground track indicator (usually a little diamond symbol) which eliminates all the guess work with regard to wind correction. With the needle centered, turn such that the ground track indicator sits on top of the course pointer - then you have correctly adjusted for crosswind and your needle will stay centered.
- Martin

This is YOUR plane, yes? Do it up right….lose the sentry (those are for renters), gtn650, sell me one of the kx155’s…..also, listen to saint, the guy has been pretty helpful ‘round here I reckon.

I think depending on how long you expect to keep the Arrow would dictate what you do to upgrade.

Can personally vouch for Jesse, and if you get on his schedule it probably means a nice winter/early spring Florida getaway. Sounds like a good vacation from the Chicago winter.

My dad pulled his 155's and had been contemplating ditching my Narco's for them. Or do something similar to what you plan. But I don't think the juice is worth the squeeze, least not with access to his. But the 155's would make me feel slightly more comfortable

This is something I can't relate to simply because I've never flown with an HSI in my plane.

An HSI makes visualizing the wind correction and heading to the station/next waypoint very intuitive. Plus, it condenses your scan from a DG + CDI into a single display. With dual G5s, you get a CDI display on both the AI and HSI a nice feature. So no matter where you are looking (mostly the two G5s) the CDI is in view.

I'm getting the picture that Jesse would be a good guy to get the work done with. Bonus points being in FL :).

I'm also seeing the value of the HSI after you all laid it out like that. So thank you!

An electronic HSI adds to that a ground track indicator (usually a little diamond symbol) which eliminates all the guess work with regard to wind correction.
I had been flying with my upgrade for some time before I noticed the diamond and realized what it was. It sounds pretty minor, but I use that (the "diamond" - ground track indicator) often. It lets me apply the proper wind correction much faster than I otherwise would.

I spent the day doing research and playing with the Garmin GPS simulator app (for the GPS175). I'm fairly sure I'm going with the GPS175.

Rationale:
(1) For GPS navigation, it appears it can do everything the GTN can do (plz lmk if I'm wrong)
- Most importantly: RNAV approaches including LPV
- Can also load up ILS/LOC approach waypoints for situational awareness (obviously it doesn't get the radio signal)
- Either unit can pipe data to/from ForeFlight, which is where I'm going to be looking at this stuff anywho
- If I understand correctly, I could get ADS-B in if I wanted with a GTX335, display that on the GPS175 or pipe it through to Foreflight (what I would do)
(2) I have 2 perfectly functioning KX155s NAV/COMMs so no need to replace them (knocks on wood)
(3) I have a pretty new transponder that works great (aforementioned wood is knocked on again)
(4) I don't like being singularly reliant on 1 box for everything

Factor in all of the above with the substantially higher GTN price point... Paying the premium doesn't seem that compelling. That's money I can use for many more XC trips!

As for ADS-B "IN". It'd be nice to get that through the transponder as an option, but as a practical matter I view it on the iPad - so whether the data is sourced from the compact, light-weight, long battery life Sentry (its stamina is more than mine) or an ADS-B "IN" equipped xpdr... I'm kind of indifferent, especially after having flown the last 500h with a Sentry. But then you factor in that I'll carry the sentry anyways as cheap insurance for both a back-up AHRS and emergency GPS navigation and CO detector, and the little gadget can rest assured it is going to have a home in my flight bag for a long time to come.

Last edited:
Also, I think you all sold me on the value of an HSI. I'm seeing about getting that done (G5 HSI) at the same time.
Appreciate the input/use-cases from everyone :)

S
Also, I think you all sold me on the value of an HSI. I'm seeing about getting that done (G5 HSI) at the same time.
Appreciate the input/use-cases from everyone :)
Since it's not my money. And since you're thinking of using Jesse...I'll just leave this here.

S

Since it's not my money. And since you're thinking of using Jesse...I'll just leave this here.

So, I really like the look (and price) of a lot of the Dynon stuff.
The only reason I haven't considered it is because of the 3 planes I've flown in that use Dynon components there was always something that wasn't working properly (two were trainers that used the same dynon system, so probably some correlation there).
My gut tells me that's 100% installation or user error, but until I fly in a plane where all the Dynon stuff is working and the pilot knows how to use it, it's really hard to get excited about it.

Move up to a Comanche with all that installed so I can move up to a twinkie? :D

Even comes with free instruction to satisfy insurance requirements.

So, I really like the look (and price) of a lot of the Dynon stuff.
The only reason I haven't considered it is because of the 3 planes I've flown in that use Dynon components there was always something that wasn't working properly (two were trainers that used the same dynon system, so probably some correlation there).
My gut tells me that's 100% installation or user error, but until I fly in a plane where all the Dynon stuff is working and the pilot knows how to use it, it's really hard to get excited about it.
Fair. But there's not too much to learn with the Dynon. Go watch some of the other vids @FlyingMonkey has put out on the Dynon system Jesse installed. Have used them quite a bit learning it.

The 650 is a much more capable unit. Watch some of the YT videos and play with the trainer.

It also has both VOR and ILS in the unit, along with com. I have a KX-155 as my second radio. I use it to monitor 121.5 and get ATIS. That is about it.

When my panel gets upgraded (shop is scheduled for January), I am keeping the 650Xi and adding a 750Xi. Having both opens up a lot of other possibilities. And you can't have too many MFDs.

I think as long as you have WAAS GPS and NAV/LOC/ILS capability, you will be happy flying IFR. It does pay to think about future interoperability. My long-term IFR avionics staging plan was (1) WAAS GPS, (2) In-flight weather, (3) Autopilot (4) Electronic flight displays and removal of vacuum system. The ADS-B mandate inserted its nose between 3 and 4. Throughout, I tried to maximize the potential for all this stuff to continue to work together in the future.

I put in a GNS-430W in 2000, and STEC-20 AP in 2002, along with an AERA 510 with XM Weather attached to ships power, an NGT-9000 in 2018, and dual G5s in 2019. When the GNS-430 turns into a pumpkin and gets replaced with an IFD440, the NGT-9000 should be completely compatible with it. But for now the NGT-9000 has a nice, independent weather display, and I've kept my XM-Weather AERA-510 as a backup. To be honest, XM-Weather has been rock-solid, while FIS-B weather through ADS-B can be a bit flaky and NEXRAD is very slow to initially upload. My autopilot has been trouble-free, but at some point will need to go 2-axis, which probably means a Garmin GFC-500.

Good luck with your upgrade. You will love it when cruising down the LPV glideslope to an out-of-the-way airport.

I think as long as you have WAAS GPS and NAV/LOC/ILS capability, you will be happy flying IFR. It does pay to think about future interoperability. My long-term IFR avionics staging plan was (1) WAAS GPS, (2) In-flight weather, (3) Autopilot (4) Electronic flight displays and removal of vacuum system. The ADS-B mandate inserted its nose between 3 and 4. Throughout, I tried to maximize the potential for all this stuff to continue to work together in the future.

I put in a GNS-430W in 2000, and STEC-20 AP in 2002, along with an AERA 510 with XM Weather attached to ships power, an NGT-9000 in 2018, and dual G5s in 2019. When the GNS-430 turns into a pumpkin and gets replaced with an IFD440, the NGT-9000 should be completely compatible with it. But for now the NGT-9000 has a nice, independent weather display, and I've kept my XM-Weather AERA-510 as a backup. To be honest, XM-Weather has been rock-solid, while FIS-B weather through ADS-B can be a bit flaky and NEXRAD is very slow to initially upload. My autopilot has been trouble-free, but at some point will need to go 2-axis, which probably means a Garmin GFC-500.

Good luck with your upgrade. You will love it when cruising down the LPV glideslope to an out-of-the-way airport.

That's helpful advice. I certainly have an eye on interoperability to make sure I don't end up with a brick that can't talk to anything else. It's a point I'm making sure I clarify before anything gets installed.

But for context, here was my progression:
- Learned in a trainer 2019-2020 with paper maps, no GPS and no iPad from discovery flight to check ride. It had a dynon 'glass panel' but which was not very reliable.
- 2020-2022 bought the arrow and lived with all steam gauges and an inop GPS, used sentry + iPad for situational awareness. Getting the sentry/ipad made me feel like I had all the SA I needed. VFR flyin' only.
- 2022 added a G5 AI and continued using sentry/ipad, plus got the ancient KLN89 VFR-only GPS working (no real map, just data) -- but even with the G5 AI in front of me I instantly felt like I was flying a state of the art USAF plane
- 2023 Forecast: Plan now is a GPS175 and a second G5 HSI with probes so I can populate the winds aloft, OAT, TAS fields on the G5 (got the quote from Jesse today). I feel like once that stuff is in the plane I'll feel like I'm piloting a cutting edge NASA spaceship.

There's always going to be some form of gear acquisition syndrome, and I'll always want one more shiny thing. I think where I'm at now I'm more concerned with getting the functionality I need to do my job, while not burning through so much money that it makes me resentful of the plane or hinder the amount of flying I do. If I get to keep many AMUs in the pocket and the only tangible downside is that I gotta key a KX155 and GTX335 for a new freq/squawk instead of a GTN? I'll take that trade... It's that much more money I have for XCs to new places.

I don't blame you. For many pilots, their only touchpoint with an HSI was the questions and diagrams in the FAA written test. Those were designed to confuse the heck out of pilots, and frankly the FAA did a good job with that.

In real-life instrument flying, the HSI is incredibly easy and intuitive to use:
  • It combines two instruments (CDI and directional gyro) into one, making your instrument scan easier.
  • It provides a map-like bird's eye view of where the airplane is located and where it's headed in relation to the desired course. There is no question about which way to turn to intercept a course.
  • An HSI is almost always slaved, so it doesn't drift away like most DGs do.
  • An electronic HSI adds to that a ground track indicator (usually a little diamond symbol) which eliminates all the guess work with regard to wind correction. With the needle centered, turn such that the ground track indicator sits on top of the course pointer - then you have correctly adjusted for crosswind and your needle will stay centered.
- Martin
A little off topic, but man, what a legend. Love the detail you include in all your videos! Keep em coming sir.

1. Sell the plane, but one as desired.
2. 2nd G5, lower model Garmin GPS
3. #2 as above, plus AP

Money money money. Sell and buy a different airplane. Pshaw.

Sure, everyone thinks they want a gtn750 with a gtx345. $28k for hardware later plus install, oh my gawd it’s so cool!

Meanwhile, to those avoiding the iPad/Twitter/iG/keep up with the joneses generation, I’ll gladly install a GNS400w in their forever plane that they purchased for $1-2k giving them WAAS approaches onto their pick-your-cdi airplane. Power, ground, encoder, CDI, and voila…LPV approaches. Long in the tooth? Sure. But I have customers that would rather get their features from foreflight rather than blow $40k on panel upgrades which buys a lot of gas or an engine overhaul. A Freeflight blue unit will still give them ADSB in and out with traffic displayed on that 400 for a little more over the gps cost.

“But wait! What about auto glide and auto land? (Eyeroll)”

Not everyone wants to be like some of my customers with 3 screen Dynons and nifty autopilots or GFc500/600’s….

Back