PA-32-300 Good/bad/ugly

I love v35s, but you ain't gonna load that baby up like you can with with a Six or 32R.
true that....but I also now buzz at 195 kts true. I just don't need the payload....the power and speed are wonderful. ;)

The 260 Six is a wonderful family hauler....it just isn't a fast hauler. Once you find that it's just you and maybe one other....the Six is a large wagon/van needing down sizing.

true that....but I also now buzz at 195 kts true. I just don't need the payload....the power and speed are wonderful. ;)

I love em both, but every time I see a V35 at the airport I realize how much fun they are to fly and wish I was flying it lol.

Looks like I'll be a PA-32 pilot soon! I'm stoked!

Anyone have a good place to find some reading material? POH, etc? Is the performance data on fltplan.com accurate?

I'm a partner in a 77 Lance (300hp). There are three of us that own it together. Basically the same plane, except ours retracts. We burn 13.5 at cruise. File for 145kts. It has been better than I expected. I can load my two teenage boys, the wife and myself in with luggage / fuel and fly from SC to the Bahamas nonstop in 3.5 hrs for spring breaks. What's not to like?

Having the partners to split costs has been great. You must have an agreement and be comfortable in how the partnership works. Must clearly know cost to get in, how exit works, how costs are shared and how time is split. We have been very happy.

Local FBO rents one for $200. That sound about in-line with your hourly operating costs?

Back