Our airplanes

I know and I just love it. The only thing I hate is the Garmin 396, which tells me "terrain" "pull up" when I am on FINAL! Silly computers. :rolleyes:

Is it just me or does the tone of her voice change as you get closer to the ground!? "pull up"............ "Pull Up."............. "Pull UP!"

Is it just me or does the tone of her voice change as you get closer to the ground!? "pull up"............ "Pull Up."............. "Pull UP!"

I know! Usually what I do is push in a smidge of power, and she shuts up. Then once I'm over the runway, I pull the power all the way out and just land.

I know! Usually what I do is push in a smidge of power, and she shuts up. Then once I'm over the runway, I pull the power all the way out and just land.

If you go over to the terrain page you can disable notifications...

If you go over to the terrain page you can disable notifications...

Can one record specific massages to be broadcast and/or text messages to be displayed at specific altitudes? IOW, can you configure a 3/496 to give you gear warnings?

Can one record specific massages to be broadcast and/or text messages to be displayed at specific altitudes? IOW, can you configure a 3/496 to give you gear warnings?

No, not to the best of my knowledge. It can tie into other GPS systems to exchange route information (so, for instance, if you have a 430 it will display the same route on each system) but it's not so configurable that it will pull systems info out of your airplane.

The A-36 that I sold a few months ago is here (With my nieces in front). I owned that over five years.

The new plane purchase about 18 months ago with me and my nieces in front is next. It's a P-Baron (1982 Beechcraft BE-58).

Best,

Dave

Attachments

• 24Q@Lonerock103104.JPG
    24Q@Lonerock103104.JPG
    483.7 KB · Views: 60
  • beginning of trip of 06.jpg
    beginning of trip of 06.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 54

Yeah, I've noticed that too. Silly Terrain Chicky...

The A-36 that I sold a few months ago is here (With my nieces in front). I owned that over five years.

The new plane purchase about 18 months ago with me and my nieces in front is next. It's a P-Baron (1982 Beechcraft BE-58).

Best,

Dave

Dave, I really don't want to be harsh, but in that first picture, the one in front is a real dog!

:p

Best,

Dave

I see a trend. They're getting taller, or you're getting shorter. :D

Hey, that pic looks familiar... :yes:

Note that the B55 in the background is Lance's. Two for the price of one!

Are you going to be up this way again any time soon, Dave?

Hey, that pic looks familiar... :yes:

Note that the B55 in the background is Lance's. Two for the price of one!

Are you going to be up this way again any time soon, Dave?

I'm trying to head up next weekend. Waiting to see if my nieces have to work. May fly up and see Lance on the way.

Thanks for asking.

Best,

Dave

This thread was started a month or two too early. I'll chime in sooner or later...

Mooney 201: sold
Lance: sold
Citabria: sold
Pitts: sold
Next: ?????

Dave, do you go to Rockford when you come up to these parts? Ill be in RFD that weekend, 13,14th. Leah and I could probably join for lunch.

Would you be interested in lunch somewhere on Sunday the 14th?

Possibly Kent. Here's my cell (PM me for it if you didn't get it). As it gets closer, I'll know more. Looks as if I'm going up to see Lance on the way. My nieces don't get off from school and over to eat until after 6 usually; so, I thought I'd stop up there on the way up and still get to Portage by 6:00 that evening.

I'd love to see ya, but once I'm there, it's tough. On the way back could work. Probably a late lunch.

Best,

Dave

Last edited:
Dave, do you go to Rockford when you come up to these parts? Ill be in RFD that weekend, 13,14th. Leah and I could probably join for lunch.

Tony:

I usually stop in Rockford and drop off a friend that has family there, but, if I'm going up to see Lance, that would be way out of the way. This time, I'll probably head up to Minnesota on Friday; then, hop over to Portage. May stop and see Kent on the way back somewhere. Maybe a late lunch somewhere where Kent and y'all could make it. I'd love to see you guys.

Best,

Dave

Last edited:
I did, it's on my tiedown spot at PAFA while I'm in Tennessee for the holidays. If you people think the flight up the upper Alcan is beautiful in the summer...try it in the winter! Gorgeous :yes: Don't have any recent pictures other than from October on goflyamerica.org

I found it Richard, do you have some one brushing it off. I will do it if you need it.

I always liked this photo. It was taken with 35mm and I scaned in an 8X10. Thats the same plane to the left at an earlier point in time :(

Attachments

• Nice day.JPG
    Nice day.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 52
I found it Richard, do you have some one brushing it off. I will do it if you need it.
Hey Tim - that's much appreciated! But I'll be commuting to Fairbanks twice a week for the foreseeable future for therapy (physical, not mental - though for me either might be a possibility :rolleyes: ) and will be visiting my baby each trip most likely. Hopefully Tamarack put the wing covers back on it when they were finished. I need to call them tomorrow...

What's up with the crutches? Hope nothing too serious?

What's up with the crutches? Hope nothing too serious?

Long-deferred knee surgery. I'll be grounded for a while longer, unless I can get a handicap ramp for the 170 :D

Never knew they made crampons for crutches until now :goofy:

seniorshops_1929_4540691

Last edited:
best of luck with that - I'm hobbling on a broken foot and tossed the crutches last week before I broke something else in this ice - would have welcomed some ice treads or studs for the crutches!

Here's my newest addition. I'm almost to the point of getting comfortable in her (read: not scaring the crap outta' myself every other flight...) :rolleyes: .

Chris
N777HT

Attachments

• MVC-003F.JPG
    MVC-003F.JPG
    53.1 KB · Views: 43
  • MVC-004F.JPG
    MVC-004F.JPG
    58.7 KB · Views: 34
Hope these aren't too big. This thing is a ton of fun...I'd like to get something a little more practical, but I couldn't stand to give this up:
Pb1800671.jpg

Pb180078.jpg

Dsc02871.jpg

Here's mine. '62 Piper Colt

Mark

Attachments

• IM000275.JPG
    IM000275.JPG
    521 KB · Views: 18
  • IM000728.JPG
    IM000728.JPG
    176.8 KB · Views: 19
Here's mine, well 1/3 is mine. That's my youngest son after his first flight in this plane.

Attachments

• DSCN0400.JPG
    DSCN0400.JPG
    288.3 KB · Views: 27
And mine still finishing up the pre-buy/annual...but it is mine now! :))))

Attachments

• 942CP.JPG
    942CP.JPG
    194 KB · Views: 27
  • interior.JPG
    interior.JPG
    151.7 KB · Views: 25
hmm well here is a panel shot. its pretty fancy. compass is to the right of the variometer (think vertical speed).

This season I gotta find space for a clock and a Palm Pilot. Think I might move the altimeter to the top empty space and put the Palm on the left side.

No electric vario, Tony? I consider that to be essential equipment. My butt isn't tuned up well enough to take the place of the vario, and I want my eyes outside when sharing a thermal. I'd be sunk (literally) without the beeping vario. I think they're an important safety item. They also run forever on a 9V battery.

Chris

Hey, do you keep your Colt in a hanger?

Yes. Actually, I keep it in the shop on my farm, which has a 40' bifold door. The Colt is small enough to push back in one corner, so I can get most other projects inside, and still keep the airplane in.

Mark

Back