Our airplanes

Yes. Actually, I keep it in the shop on my farm, which has a 40' bifold door. The Colt is small enough to push back in one corner, so I can get most other projects inside, and still keep the airplane in.

Mark

Ah cool, yea aircraft like the Colt need to be hanger because of the fabric wings/skin instead of metal.

No electric vario, Tony? I consider that to be essential equipment. My butt isn't tuned up well enough to take the place of the vario, and I want my eyes outside when sharing a thermal. I'd be sunk (literally) without the beeping vario. I think they're an important safety item. They also run forever on a 9V battery.

Chris

yea chris, im old school. the Cherokee has light enough wing loading though that you really can feel the thermal easily. I glance at it occasionally to check rate but it is eyes outside for me, dont doubt it.

I did have a cambridge electro-mechanical but it wasnt working right. before that was a crossfell, which was one of the original electric mechanical. had a pitot diaphragm for a compensator but the scaling was off and it read backwards! needle down was lift and needle up was sink. I actually flew a few (short) cross countries with this setup! But finally I got this vario of r.a.s. that works.

After tonight it is compensated with a Total Energy probe. And I installed a beautiful PTT switch in the stick. A doorbell from Lowe's Aviation Supercenter did the trick. Thanks Judd for the help!

Here's my 172, and the dog after a snappy departure.

Attachments

• 172 exterior2.jpg
    172 exterior2.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 26
  • backseatdog.jpg
    backseatdog.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 39
Here is my Twinkie, and a shot of the panel.

Jay

Attachments

• Twinkie on ramp.JPG
    Twinkie on ramp.JPG
    62.4 KB · Views: 27
  • DCP_0736.JPG
    DCP_0736.JPG
    306 KB · Views: 26
Here's my 172, and the dog after a snappy departure.

So Bill, I see you finally got the twin turbo io540 conversion under the cowl...

I bet it really puts you back in the seat when you cob it...:D

Expect phone calls from PITA and the SPCA in eight...seven...six...

Well, it's not really *my* airplane, but here is my boyfriend's C-150, which he lets me fly. It's got a souped-up 150HP engine in it. Photo was taken the morning of our first date. B)

What a cutie! (And the airplane's not bad either...) :D

--Kath

Attachments

• what_a_day_sm.jpg
    what_a_day_sm.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 41
Here is my 1967 T-41B Mescalero (172 E) with a 180HP Lycoming, STOL kit and a constant speed prop. That's me after my first solo to Payson.
attachment.php

Attachments

• Payson.jpg
    Payson.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 32
Back