OSH - Where y'at?!

There was a hard rain overnight. The rain lasted an hour or so. The ground is pretty soft, there are a few muddy areas, and more than a few people have sleeping bags and similar stuff out drying. That said, i wouldn't consider it unusually wet.

There is no rain in the area now, so things should dry out and improve as the day goes along.
A plane got stuck pulling left into the grass on 27. They started send planes to the right. There were a few scary landing. One guy tried to pull an overshoot back with the rudder. All us observers gasped. He recovered and went around but his second landing was pretty iffy too.

A plane got stuck pulling left into the grass on 27. They started send planes to the right. There were a few scary landing. One guy tried to pull an overshoot back with the rudder. All us observers gasped. He recovered and went around but his second landing was pretty iffy too.
When? Arrived right before noon, at the tail end of a busy spree. We heard very explicit instructions to turn right. Only a couple of hairy moments, but it was also the busiest we've personally experienced. On the arrival, a biplane came right up on our right wing, seemingly oblivious to us. We slowed, he got a little ahead. Approach sent him to the right, and us up the tracks. On the downwind for 27, tower was shooting us in front of a tailwheel Cessna ahead on the downwind, he took our instruction to turn base, came in underneath at a fair clip... and we had to go around. That was fun. Fortunately tower put us on a quick crosswind and all went smoothly from there :)

Anyone have more info on saturation of camping areas at Osh? Made it 30 mi from Ripon and atis said all camping full and fisk was clarifying that with people calling in...

Anyone have more info on saturation of camping areas at Osh? Made it 30 mi from Ripon and atis said all camping full and fisk was clarifying that with people calling in...

As of 6:20 PM

"The General Aviation Camping Area is now full and can not accept new aircraft arrivals until a sufficient number of aircraft leave. The General Aviation Parking Area is approximately 98% fillled and not able to accept twins or large singles. General Aviation aircraft are being accepted at Fond du Lac (FLD) and Appleton (ATW)."

Seems early, but full is good I guess? All those Monday morning arrivals will now have to look into alternate plans. By midweek there should be some openings for camping.

Can you find camping info on the website? Could not find it, anybody have the link to camping status?

Outside museum (but a part thereof)

Attachments

• IMG_5546.JPG
    IMG_5546.JPG
    327.5 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_5545.JPG
    IMG_5545.JPG
    331.6 KB · Views: 22

I was sitting on the fence line on 27 when a large yellow/black antique ground looped right in front of me. Its initial trajectory was right at me, so I was up and in my Usain Bolt mode in nanoseconds. Fortunately, the airplane came to a rest quickly and I didn't need to sprint for my life, but that was my interesting moment de jure.

Anyone know if north- n40 is full? Curious... trying to figure out a way in for vintage or gac camping.

South40
Looking N
and
S
1030am Sat
(apparently all that behind me is full now)

Attachments

• IMG_5520.JPG
    IMG_5520.JPG
    251.3 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_5519.JPG
    IMG_5519.JPG
    159.8 KB · Views: 39
I saw a 190/195 today with a triple tail much like this cruiseair/cruisemaster.
Did not know they had; aftermarket?

Attachments

• IMG_5517.JPG
    IMG_5517.JPG
    455.7 KB · Views: 45
Btw...im now at the Y.

Attachments

• IMG_1754.JPG
    IMG_1754.JPG
    149.3 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_1755.JPG
    IMG_1755.JPG
    161.1 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_1756.JPG
    IMG_1756.JPG
    209.5 KB · Views: 49
Plane I am about to buy.
(owner is unaware yet)
Going to get a ride in, tmrw morning.
(also have yet to tell him this)

Pretty bird! But... the owner doesn't know you're the buyer, or the owner isn't aware that he's going to sell it to you? Either way, good luck!

Btw...im now at the Y.

Oooh... didn't know that the Y had air conditioned camping! That seems like a good option... except I snore like a bandsaw, so I doubt anyone else would appreciate me camping there.

I looked online for hotels for next year's AirVenture show, and most are already sold out! Eesh! I guess I'm staying in Green Bay again if/when I go next year.

Man, I'm green with envy. Sure wish I was going this year. Y'all fly safe and enjoy the aviation saturation.

No worries.... nothing a pair of ear plugs can't fix. :D
Pretty bird! But... the owner doesn't know you're the buyer, or the owner isn't aware that he's going to sell it to you? Either way, good luck!

Oooh... didn't know that the Y had air conditioned camping! That seems like a good option... except I snore like a bandsaw, so I doubt anyone else would appreciate me camping there.

I looked online for hotels for next year's AirVenture show, and most are already sold out! Eesh! I guess I'm staying in Green Bay again if/when I go next year.

Any monkey sightings?

Not yet, we're flying into Appleton early tomorrow. But our camping area is already established and waiting for us in the North 40.

Anyone wants to say hi, I'll be with the COPA crew... just look for the line of Cirrus and the person who looks poor and out of place.

Well I'll be here in my cube all week! Looks like a hell of a time

Back