orlando florida trip

magyarflyer

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
magyarflyer
flying to orlando for a meeting in my evo

any suggestions for airports and hangar space? dont like to leave airplane outside due to weather next week, best airport to land etc
suggestions appreciated

will be there tuesday to saturday

flying to orlando for a meeting in my evo

any suggestions for airports and hangar space? dont like to leave airplane outside due to weather next week, best airport to land etc
suggestions appreciated

will be there tuesday to saturday

That depends exactly where in Orlando you are going.

Have flown in twice to KISM. Used Kissimmee Jet Center. Very basic FBO. Plane stayed outside. Folks were great / had rental car ready. Fueled up as needed and cheaper than the fancy Signature FBO. Would (and did) use them again. Not sure about hanger options though. If you want to make someone with you feel like she might see a celebrity, might have to pay more with Signature.

Flew into ksfb Sanford/ Orlando yesterday. Went to millionaire fbo. They were very nice and helpful. Courtesy car was new Mercedes e350. No ramp fee or gas buy. Lot of vectoring, but that's not unusual in Orlando area.

Again... Many miles between Sanford and Kissimmee.
Where exactly are you going will help with the answer. I live in Orlando but MCO is not my closest airport.

Again... Many miles between Sanford and Kissimmee.
Where exactly are you going will help with the answer. I live in Orlando but MCO is not my closest airport.

Medical meeting at disneyworld but will have car rented abd can drive anywhere in 50 mile radius txs for suggestions to all

Orlando Executive just north of Orlando International. Great Bomber Squadron restaurant on the field, at least used to be one.

Disney area = KISM

Two or three decent FBO's there...everyone here will have their favorite...

Winter Haven (KGIF) very friendly field, nice FBO, hanger space available, Rental car office on site, good mechanic on the field should you be unfortunate enough to need one.
within a short drive to I-4 and access to Disney area about 40 minutes tops.

Also close by Bartow (KBOW) class D field, very friendly and helpful FBO, hanger space at reasonable cost, full ramp service and self serve fuel and good Mechanics

winterhaven find bill at propellerhead aviation great place tell him the guy who sold him his 172 said hellow

For Disney it's KISM. Three FBOs to choose from.
- Jet Center (quonset at the far end of the airport)
- Signature (Fru Fru jet crowd granite floors, silly fees)
- Ranger (somewhere in the middle)

Winter Haven looks nice too. If you can sneak away for two days get your seaplane rating while you are there.

Leesburg airport, just north of Orlando (KLEE) is very welcoming and the FBO, in my opinion is very well run

Leesburg airport, just north of Orlando (KLEE) is very welcoming and the FBO, in my opinion is very well run

It is. I used to rent from SunAir on trips to visit my in-laws. Great operation. But it's quite a distance away from Disney compared to other options. I'd do KISM or KORL.

I flew into KISM recently for a trip to Disney. Nice airport, used Kissimmee Jet Center. The FBO, objectively, sucks but it's cheap and the people were nice enough. The whole place (ramp included) is in a state of disrepair, and the amenities are non-existent, but it's cheap. Line guy was quite nice, front desk attendant was indifferent at best. I'd use them again if I was going to KISM, but only because it's cheap.

I'm based out of KORL. Two FBO choices, Atlantic (recently acquired Showalter) and Sheltair (whom I have 0 experience with). Both have hangars (no idea of cost). Atlantic has been good to me so far but they kept several of the Showalter people and Showalter really GOT customer service, so it may be just legacy from that. Time will tell.

But as had been said, for Disney area, KISM is your closest.

John

Signature at KISM is my favorite but it's hard to get hangar space down there... If you call ahead and they have room they will do it though..

Winter Haven (KGIF) very friendly field, nice FBO, hanger space available, Rental car office on site, good mechanic on the field should you be unfortunate enough to need one.

Also close by Bartow (KBOW) class D field, very friendly and helpful FBO, hanger space at reasonable cost, full ramp service and self serve fuel and good Mechanics

KGIF is a great place and the restaurant makes those huge pancakes but if going to Orlando I could not imagine why you would want to land there with KISM and KORL right there... but that's just me.

KGIF is a great place and the restaurant makes those huge pancakes but if going to Orlando I could not imagine why you would want to land there with KISM and KORL right there... but that's just me.

I suggested KGIF as a convenient field because the OP is heading to Disneyworld which isn't too far away and hanger space is never a problem, they will even bring your rental car onto the ramp to load up your baggage.

Having been to KISM and done the seemingly endless drive down 192 I'll wager there isn't much difference in time getting to Disney from either field

Having been to KISM and done the seemingly endless drive down 192 I'll wager there isn't much difference in time getting to Disney from either field

Take the toll road, not 192.

very good tip. KGIF very nice, it was 30 minutes away from the meeting area, got a t hangar for 75 bucks and a car for a week for a reasonable price, nice people out there, thanks for the good tip

I use KISM jet center, however not much hangar space ,might want to try one of the other two FBOs. Much easier airport for entry,exit.

very good tip. KGIF very nice, it was 30 minutes away from the meeting area, got a t hangar for 75 bucks and a car for a week for a reasonable price, nice people out there, thanks for the good tip

You're very welcome, glad it worked out well for you :)

Back