After getting back into the saddle last year, I am needing to go and get my IPC. I am hoping you fine folks here would grace me with your opinions on my "dilemma". My plane is currently in the shop getting some new avionics and autopilot to get it back up to par. One of the items going in is a G5 to replace my DG as it hasn't been working consistently and is why I didn't get my IPC sooner. Should I wait the 3-ish weeks to start my IPC, or just rent a plane now and get it taken care of sooner. If I go with the later, it could allow me to pick up my plane from the shop even if the weather is a bit dodgy when the time comes. I'm personally a bit torn. The weather has been pretty good for this time of year around my parts, and it is paining me not to be able to punch holes in the sky. Thoughts?