Open letter to the corp jet jock that tried to blame me for an airspace violation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ama Airport - LS40.. A little grass strip I used to frequent.

Now, I'm curious. What is the Ama? The only Ama I know of is the American Medical Association. Do they have as much fun as we do at Gaston's? :D

Your point? Has he flown a Lear? No. But he's going to lecture someone on how they fly? Riiiiight.
Lear? Maybe, maybe not. That doesn't mean he hasn't at least flown a jet, though. Maybe not GA in the Chicago area, though.

I admit, though, that at times, Patch, you might be able to find a more, shall we say, diplomatic way of expressing your thoughts, opinions, and beliefs.

Your point? Has he flown a Lear? No. But he's going to lecture someone on how they fly? Riiiiight.

I'm not sure I understand how specific experience in a lear has anything to do with this discussion? :dunno:

Grant - You're right. I didn't intend to anger anyone, but I do feel strongly about my position.

I'm not sure I understand how specific experience in a lear has anything to do with this discussion? :dunno:

Grant - You're right. I didn't intend to anger anyone, but I do feel strongly about my position.

Ok, I'm going to come in out of left field here, so please forgive me, but it's just so hard to take you seriously. I can't speak for others, so I'll only speak to what I see.

I understand that you feel strongly about your position, but in the time that I've been a member here I've not seen anybody come into the mix and start off by disagreeing with just about every member of the forums. It's not so much that you disagree (trust me, we do that sometimes), but it's as if you specifically go trolling for topics with the intent of disagreeing with people. No "good jobs", no "atta boys", just a bunch of "I'm diggin up this 8 month old thread so that I can tell you how wrong you were."

And above it all, with all of the expert commentary that we've had the honor of receiving, you've told us nothing of your qualifications. Settle in, make some friends, then disagree with us. You have to earn respect before somebody wants your opinion.

I understand that you feel strongly about your position, but in the time that I've been a member here I've not seen anybody come into the mix and start off by disagreeing with just about every member of the forums. It's not so much that you disagree (trust me, we do that sometimes), but it's as if you specifically go trolling for topics with the intent of disagreeing with people. No "good jobs", no "atta boys", just a bunch of "I'm diggin up this 8 month old thread so that I can tell you how wrong you were."

I didn't go trolling for topics. The "8 month old" thread was displayed on the bottom of the thread view as a related topic. I posted in response to the dude's question about why he couldn't maintain a level 90 degree banked turn.

This thread was far from old. There have been a few "atta boys" (atta girl more specifically).

And above it all, with all of the expert commentary that we've had the honor of receiving, you've told us nothing of your qualifications. Settle in, make some friends, then disagree with us. You have to earn respect before somebody wants your opinion.

I haven't felt the need to justify myself to anyone to make a point. I'm not going to make a thread just to talk myself up so as to validate my opinions. What if I were just a lowly 150 driver? Would that make what I've said any different to you? What qualifications do you require?

I haven't felt the need to justify myself to anyone to make a point. I'm not going to make a thread just to talk myself up so as to validate my opinions. What if I were just a lowly 150 driver? Would that make what I've said any different to you? What qualifications do you require?

Is the 150 lowly, or the driver thereof? ;)

Yes, in a way, it would make a difference. However, not in the way that you might think.

It would make a difference because we'd know who you were and and we might give a crap about what you had to say. I go back to my original point that you might want to try pulling up a chair and making some friends. If you just continue to tell everybody how wrong they are, then you'll continue to turn everybody off to your opinion.

patch said:
BTW--There have been some "lowly 150/2 drivers" that could probably out fly almost everyone on this forum.

patch said:
You implied that business jets are not very maneuverable on final. Someone that pilots a business jet said that's not really true. Another pilot who's flown some heavy planes said the same. I'd say that has something to do with the discussion.

Last edited:
Well, they aren't 152 drivers, but I can name two that can out ******** anyone else on the board.

Unlikely.
There are some very talented instructors out there doing unusual attitude instruction in Cessna Aerobats.
EdFred said:
Well, they aren't 152 drivers, but I can name two that can out ******** anyone else on the board.
Agreed.

To reiterate Chuck's comment, let's keep it friendly folks.

I see toes starting to hang over the line....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back