One Year..........

Unit74

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Unit74
March 12, 2017-March 12th, 2018. One Year.

Yup sounds like a year to me. Was it a very good year?

Sinatra? I knew there was something about you I liked. Even if you do back the wrong college football team

Sinatra? I knew there was something about you I liked. Even if you do back the wrong college football team

Whatya talkin' 'bout Willis!

images

What made you return after 1 year? Counting down the days?

What made you return after 1 year? Counting down the days?

Ted ****ed me off with his overzealous ban hammer as a rookie mod so I went elsewhere. Hopefully he has calmed down.

Ted ****ed me off with his overzealous ban hammer as a rookie mod so I went elsewhere. Hopefully he has calmed down.

Man a year gone by, sure went quick, for me anyway. Welcome back. I didn't realize you were ostracized for a year.

I wasn't banned for a year. Just didn't want to be targeted over and over for petty **** others were getting away with.

I wasn't banned for a year. Just didn't want to be targeted over and over for petty **** others were getting away with.

My bad, apologies. Been there myself "once or thrice". :D

619nty5kQjL._SY450_.jpg

If you feel you were getting in trouble for things other are getting away with, feel free to report the others. We don't read every thread and every post so often others do get away with posts that we would provide warnings with points for. And, as a reminder, no mod acts unilaterally with the issuing of warnings and points, there must always be a vote. This has not changed within the past year, it's always been this way. I find it pretty funny how individual mods get blame, but it comes with the job.

If it makes you feel any better, I don't even remember who you are or what you got in trouble for, nor did I notice that you'd left or returned.

That's surprising since we spent time together at Gastons. But OK. If that supports the narrative.

That's surprising since we spent time together at Gastons. But OK. If that supports the narrative.

One of the issues with using a pseudonym and no avatar is that many (at least I) often forget who name wise goes with a screen name. Plus I'm terrible at remembering names in general, especially of someone who I haven't seen in 1.5+ years and has been absent from the board for a year. So it's nothing personal and no offense intended, but since you called me out specifically, I was making light of it.

I didn’t know it was a contest. How many points do I have? :D

Since it's a violation of the RoC to discuss warnings on the board (and I figger yer jokin') I won't answer your question on the board, but you know if you've been "awarded". The prizes include "vacations" if you get enough points! ;)

You know those mods, "love 'em and leave 'em."

If you feel you were getting in trouble for things other are getting away with, feel free to report the others.

While I understand that many posts are missed, many/most posters are not whiny tattle-tales. No matter what happens we will not report misdeeds of others even though we may note them. Since meeting Unit74 at Gaston's I'm certain he is a person who stands up for himself and needs no help. I think the management council may miss that fact and as a result act in a one-sided manner. The suggestion here is to not take individual posts out of context and to perhaps adapt a train to standard rather than use a fail mentality. I see some of that being done but it's usually rather condescending and just about as bad as the offending posts.

It’s way more interesting not to report and wait for the earth-shattering kaboom.

If one is here for the entertainment value, there’s definitely entertainment in waiting and watching.

Motivation to report anything is low. I like watching the train wreck. I’ll admit it.

It’s way more interesting not to report and wait for the earth-shattering kaboom.

If one is here for the entertainment value, there’s definitely entertainment in waiting and watching.

Motivation to report anything is low. I like watching the train wreck. I’ll admit it.
You actually like the Friday the 13th movie series, don't you?

Reads NTSB reports like they were Harry Potter novels......

That I don’t do. But yeah, I read too many of them anyway, without it being entertainment. Always wondering what was going on in some brains.

Back