One Thing Scarebus Doesn't Do For You.....

And I looked first......!
Surprised they didn't retract for landing! Oh yeah, that can't happen...
Like my title better...?

Last edited:

On the same page.....

The problem is more often experienced in reverse when pilots have difficulty lowering the landing gear during an approach. Such landings are called “belly landings” as aircraft attempt to negotiate a touchdown without wheels. This has been known to occur because crew simply forget to lower the gear. One such incident happened to a light aircraft in 2015 when a pilot, distracted by a moose on the runway in Alaska, forgot to lower the landing gear, meaning his twin-engine Piper PA 31-350 landed on its belly, skidding across the tarmac.

I never knew a gravel runway had tarmac on it....

On the same page.....

The problem is more often experienced in reverse when pilots have difficulty lowering the landing gear during an approach. Such landings are called “belly landings” as aircraft attempt to negotiate a touchdown without wheels. This has been known to occur because crew simply forget to lower the gear. One such incident happened to a light aircraft in 2015 when a pilot, distracted by a moose on the runway in Alaska, forgot to lower the landing gear, meaning his twin-engine Piper PA 31-350 landed on its belly, skidding across the tarmac.

Probably the same people who think cars racing on dirt roads in a movie should include squealing tires...

Silly, all of the outdoor parts of an airport are a tarmac. Don't you know anything about aviation?

:confused:

Yeah, those idiots in the MSM just love calling any part of an airport "the tarmac". Makes them think they know something. Tarmac is a paving material, not a place on an airport. Most often the part the newsies call "the tarmac" is actually concrete. Idiots.

Yeah, those idiots in the MSM just love calling any part of an airport "the tarmac". Makes them think they know something. Tarmac is a paving material, not a place on an airport. Most often the part the newsies call "the tarmac" is actually concrete. Idiots.

Yeah.... so true...:lol::lol::lol:

Man, I have had some dry slick conditions bad enough to squeal. Horrible racing.

Yeah, I smoked a few tires on dirt tracks back in the day.... dry slick is the worst, unless over watered and the track is saturated.....

Gotcha, Airbus does not have a gear-down "warning". Alright.
But it's not like American Booing has a warning voice that says "hey, you fat spoiled whiny Americans, your gear is down". :)

Sooooo ... what was your point again? ;)

I don't think anybody in their right mind expected these so-called "professional" pilots to forget the gear handle down, staring at 3 green all flight and not doing jack schitt about ALL the freaking flight anomalies. Bad pilots, bad humans, bad training. Simulator kids for real. They couldn't feel the gear down, that's a shame. </rant>

Back