One problem with putting putting your logs in electronic format...

DFH65

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
DFH65
You find the math errors you made some a loooooong time go.
:mad2:

When I was getting ready for my PP ride my CFI and I individually added up my log and did it again together and came up with 40.0. The DPE came and added up 39.9. I had to do a lap around the pattern while he had a cup of coffee. :lol:

I've been thinking about what I'm gonna do to reconcile my paper log with my safeLog. From what I've read, I can just carry the correct numbers forward on my next new page and sign the statement declaring it to accurate. Then I'll print out my "proof" from my SafeLog for the DPE to look at and compare to my paper log when I go up for my next check ride.

Start early enough, and it's not a problem! I've also discovered a few errors. Easily enough corrected. I do like the second check though.

Well I plan to keep both paper and electronic as a backup and it wasn't really anything that will effect me in the long run. I have no current plans that need specific times and the mistakes wouldn't have much effect either way if that changes.

My landings were off by 40 (I carried the wrong number forward on a page). I found one leg of I could have logged as cross country that I didn't and I had .3 of actual IMC I didn't bring forward.

I have done the dreaded fix with whiteout before that I now am told by some here is not the best way to fix things. My view is I sign the page saying it is correct to the best of my knowledge what more do you need and at the time it was. I may just put a correction entry in, like I said at this point it is mostly for my own information anyway.

That is exactly why I have 3 copies of the logs: the actual paper log book and two digital copies (one webpage and one Excel spreadsheet mimicking the paper logbook). I did find a few errors myself (some made by my CFI as well). Now all 3 copies must agree, otherwise I don't sleep. :)

You find the math errors you made some a loooooong time go.
:mad2:

True. Fortunately I stopped doing regular running totals in my paper log a long time ago.

I also found some number transposition errors. When I started using MyFlightBook, which cross-references N-numbers, I found I had Sikorsky helicopter time :) :rolleyes: :no:

That's why I love the electronic logs!

Then I don't have to go back and scratch out a bunch of recalculated numbers and totals, it does it for me!

Now I'm using this new one called Pilot Partner though, and it calculates and aggregates everything for me.

Now I'm using this new one called Pilot Partner though, and it calculates and aggregates everything for me.

Weird. Against my better judgement, I followed your link (I was curious). I was greeted by an empty page. Probably because the only thing that is in the page HTML is a google-analytics object. No thank you, I like my privacy and don't like Google spying on me.

Math errors... but you are all pilots! Between time & distance, weight & balance, fuel burn, etc., how can you make math errors????????? I am now officially worried now. :goofy:

Back