Oh snap, eman just got a phone call...

Nice hangar! Where are you going to put the kegerator?

And we were just talking about this... you said you were #12 on the list a couple of days ago...your guy run down a hit list or something?

And we were just talking about this... you said you were #12 on the list a couple of days ago...your guy run down a hit list or something?

Lol yeah you done good, codename “Jerry”!

Nice hangar! Where are you going to put the kegerator?
On a serious note (is that allowed here?)

Note that your outlets are up 42" or so above the slab. This is for good reason...gas fumes are heavier than air and will settle to the ground. The hope being that if you have a gas leak then your bi-fold or sliding door, etc. will be leaky enough to allow the fumes to find an exit path before building up more than a foot or so and not build up to the height of the outlet/switches/etc. and find a spark.

If you do put a small fridge, air compressor, or other similar device in your hangar it's wise to elevate it up off the floor. If not elevated + plane has a fuel leak + compressor kicks on = unhappy neighbors. Or you could find a kegerator with an explosion proof motor, I'm sure that'd be cheap! ;)

Also it's wise not to leave extension cords plugged in and laying on the floor. Unplug them.

....If you do put a small fridge, air compressor, or other similar device in your hangar it's wise to elevate it up off the floor.....

Good info. He mentioned elevation when I asked about a fridge.

You sure he said elevation and not erec.....? o_O

I don't know what y'all do in your hangars in 'bama (well I have an idea) but no, we certainly did not have that conversation

I don't know what y'all do in your hangars in 'bama (well I have an idea) but no, we certainly did not have that conversation

images
images

Last edited:
A Suggestion on the mounting of the poles. Make sure they are aft of the wings. This will save wear and tear on the wings from aircraft removal.

WooHoo! We need to have a "Welcome to the hanger" party!
Then when we can all see again we can have a "Let's clean up the mess" party!
Then, well we can all finally give up and go home.

Congrats on the hangar,be sure to post pictures of the poles in use.

just got back from tucking her into her new hangar. then I took a bunch of paint pics just for @Dave Theisen . unfortunately the camera I used was one of those old ones where you have to send the film in to be developed and I just couldn't find one of those 1 hour photo processing places (weird, I would think there'd be a bunch with the amount of pics people take these days). so we'll just have to wait on those. pretty pumped, especially since it's supposed to downpour today and tomorrow.

There's no problem that can't be solved by the proper application of high explosives. ;)

In Atlanta it would take that or compromising pictures of the person in charge of the list. :eek:

then I took a bunch of paint pics just for @Dave Theisen . unfortunately the camera I used was one of those old ones where you have to send the film in to be developed and I just couldn't find one of those 1 hour photo processing places .

Hey it's not only Dave waiting for pics of your Bo! And now you come up with this antique camera bullshet? :raspberry::raspberry::raspberry:

:needpics:

Pictures just don't do his plane justice, you have to see it in person.

lol stop. it's got a 1970's 20 foot paint job. or, like the pic I posted in post#22, a 300 foot paint job. and now it's dirty on top of that.

She looks comfy in her new home.

You sure that's not a Cessna 182? They had a color scheme like that. Had one at the FBO I flew at. Same color too. Wing was a little higher though as I recall.

Now you get to buy a second set of tools. That was the fun part buying all new tools for my hanger

Back