ocd trigger thread

Nope.
I beat you by months. Look at my post from July 24th. ;)
If you were truly CDO, you'd have read the whole thread from the beginning, chronologically, before replying. ;)

You mean this one?

Same here. Us true CDO guys just laugh at he OCD kids who think they got it hard. :D

I had to ignore it because the spelling wasn't correct and the sentence didn't make sense as a result.

:tongue:

When I get a burger and fries or steak and fries, I stack the fries on one side of the plate, all aligned and orderly.
Naturally, but do you eat all the broken fries first and then the remaining ones in order from smallest to largest?

Naturally, but do you eat all the broken fries first and then the remaining ones in order from smallest to largest?

Actually the other way round. I rarely eat all of the massive portions that are served, so I start with the best ones and the frags get left behind.

I also rarely eat leftovers. I prefer new food each meal.

s-l1600.jpg

Why don't bakeries package both end slices on the same side of the loaf? Or just sell whole loaves of end slices at a discount?

I know, hamburger buns should be dirt cheap, right?

Girlfriend will go into my office and move something just enough for it to be off, and I have to fix it.
Worse is when she opens a drawer, and moves something. Because when I find it, I obsess over how long it was not "Right ".
This last time was a box of staples upside down in the drawer. She does it purely because it bothers me. Worst thing of all is that she squeezes toothpaste not from the bottom of the tube. Makes my head want to explode. We have to use seperate tubes of toothpaste.

Girlfriend will go into my office and move something just enough for it to be off, and I have to fix it.
Worse is when she opens a drawer, and moves something. Because when I find it, I obsess over how long it was not "Right ".
This last time was a box of staples upside down in the drawer. She does it purely because it bothers me. Worst thing of all is that she squeezes toothpaste not from the bottom of the tube. Makes my head want to explode. We have to use seperate tubes of toothpaste.
Wow! How do you tolerate each other? :D

Inability to make a complete uniform grid due to a prime number of meatballs.

Make a hexagon using a row of 3, a row of 4, a row of 5 a row of 4 and a row of 3.

19 (a prime number) meatballs uniformly arranged.

Necrothread. **TRIGGERED** :D :D

One nice thing about a necrothread is that old friends who no longer post appear to become active again. At least until someone points out "Necrothread!"

So do OCD pilots go-around again if they do not get a perfect, 5-star landing even though the landing was good enough? LOL

So do OCD pilots go-around again if they do not get a perfect, 5-star landing even though the landing was good enough? LOL

I have.
If i score my landing as less than a 4 out of 5, I will sometimes ask to take off again and fly a circuit

And how many "dots" off of a VOR radial can an OCD pilot take without going crazy? LOL

Zero!

My OCD is really bad over cleanliness items, I have to shower at least twice a day, if on a road trip and my vehicle gets dirty I will go to a car wash and at least spray it off every stop, doesn't matter why I stopped, for gas, food, to pee...I will look for a car wash. If i were to say back my car out of the garage to leave, and see it left the floor dirty once outside, i run in and sweep it before I close the garage door to leave. In my briefcase is a clean shirt, toothbrush and dental floss, just incase. My house must have more than enough food in it at all times as well. It extends throughout many areas of my life, including a very thorough preflight, even my vehicle gets checked over before ever drive. Plane or car, 25% fuel left means stop and gas up. My dog has different colored collars depending upon the season, and a matching leash to go with the collar...soon time for the Candy cane collar and leash to come out for Christmas. I get told often that I hold myself to an overly high standard, maybe I do. It stems from my childhood, I can't really help it. Everything was filthy, there was never enough food, i wore the same clothes for weeks at a time, was maybe allowed a shower every few weeks, parents were abusive alcoholics who spent every dime on booze, and if I was missing for a week they didn't notice or care. At age 9 after a worse than usual beating ,and the 27 broken bones and severe concussion landed me in hospital for a lengthy stay, CPS put me in a foster home, my grandparents were awarded custody of me 14 months later, and I lived with them, but an aunt and uncle also had a big role in raising me. Between my grandparents, aunt, and uncle, I had a fabulous life age 10.5 till 18 when I moved out on my own. Guess I will probably never forget those early years, at least not till I get Alzheimers or something. Since being an adult I've always made sure to have enough clothes, and keep them clean, house stocked with food, everything clean, and to never ever be slightly like my parents were. Some people have OCD because of their past, we can control it somewhat, but will never be completely free of its effect .

Last edited:
Back