ocd trigger thread

What happens when a shirt gets taken out of order or the freshly laundered shirts get hung up on left side?

Out of order happens anyway as I can't remember which shirt I wore in order on which day so it doesn't really matter. I have two month's worth of shirts hanging up at any time. However, shirts NEVER get hung up on left side. I do my own laundry.

<---- shirt hoarder

Wow! Half my clothes aren't even hanging up. Half of the other half are just dangling from their hangers. The rest are in no order whatsoever. I wake up, caffeinate, zombie walk into my closet, randomly grab something, hope it's "work appropriate" and get on with my day. ;)

So you're a pile smeller? :)

Wow! Half my clothes aren't even hanging up. Half of the other half are just dangling from their hangers. The rest are in no order whatsoever. I wake up, caffeinate, zombie walk into my closet, randomly grab something, hope it's "work appropriate" and get on with my day. ;)
You need better coffee!

You're organized! When I was single, I had a dirty clothes pile and a clean clothes pile. Sometimes t was hard to tell where one started and the other ended....not that it really matters.:eek:

You are probably too young to remember this, but there was a TV character named Oscar who is the male version of what you just described!

Ralph, based ONLY on your last comment to me in another thread, there is another Oscar that resembles you...he lives on Sesame Street. ;)

And I'll have you know I'm a hoot to be around. ;)

For me its the other way around and I end up re-washing the clean pile.

@Timbeck2, do you eat your french fries from smallest to largest, or largest to smallest?

I don't eat French fries. To many carbs. I'm trying to get down to my fighting weight of 195. 10 more to go!

I think I'm giving the wrong impression here. I have no idea why I'm persnickety about the hanging shirts but that is ALL I'm really OCD about.

<---- not even close to a Felix Unger.

You are probably too young to remember this, but there was a TV character named Oscar who is the male version of what you just described!
TV?!
Philistine! The Odd Couple should be properly attributed to the Neil Simon play on Broadway that long predated both the Movie and the TV show.
Credit where credit is due.

ocd-nightmare-crooked-picture-of-leaning-tower-of-pisa-obsessive-compulsive-disorder.jpg

Shhhhh!
I fly with a friend who is totally OCD about wires and belts in the cockpit.
Any wire or belt in sight had to be shortened to the shortest possible length and neatly tied off.
Headsets, charger cables, seat belts and shoulder harnesses. Everything short and shipshape.
He will not start an engine unless it's all perfect.
So of course I unwrap everything and extend the harnesses to their maximum length and leave them tangled and flopped over and around everything.
Unfortunately, he knows how to get even.

Shhhhh!
I fly with a friend who is totally OCD about wires and belts in the cockpit.
Any wire or belt in sight had to be shortened to the shortest possible length and neatly tied off.
Headsets, charger cables, seat belts and shoulder harnesses. Everything short and shipshape.
He will not start an engine unless it's all perfect.
So of course I unwrap everything and extend the harnesses to their maximum length and leave them tangled and flopped over and around everything.
Unfortunately, he knows how to get even.

LOL. I'm the guy who has to put them away properly after every leg. Passengers get out, I am compelled to put them on the seat and latch them and pull them tight.

But don't care much where they are in flight as long as they're not flopping such that they can whack me or someone else in turbulence.

I definitely don't care about headset cords but I'll shove extra length into the side pocket and make sure the front passenger's won't get tangled in the yoke.

We used to have a chief controller that had to have his papers and his pens lined up just so on his desk.
I never played with anything of the chief's, cause he would play with my liberty card

The well at the property I am selling is 750 feet deep and is the best water in the county. Ice cold all year long, no mineral problem, untreated and unfiltered and the best tasting water around. So much better than the city water in town.

The well at the new property is only about 300 feet deep and I can chew the water...

Hah! My well is just 15 feet deep on the edge of a swamp... tests OK and tastes great.

When my wife is away I usually just dress out of the clothes dryer...

Hah! My well is just 15 feet deep on the edge of a swamp... tests OK and tastes great.

When I lived in Texas we had a well that we used for the horses. We pounded a 2 1/2 ID pipe 6-7 feet into the ground with a sledge hammer and got good water with a good flow. Darndest thing I ever saw.

Out here in the high desert it is a different game.

I was thinking a two stage trigger with 3 1/2 lbs pull and 1 1/2 lbs break. Smooth as silk.

I appreciate that the cover of this book uses 3 different typefaces. I wonder if that increased or decreased sales?

Attachments

• 21919138_10107077116778148_1164732786_n.jpg
    21919138_10107077116778148_1164732786_n.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 78

Our house is fed by a “spring box”. It’s a cement tube in the ground a few feet across with a pump in it. The ground water fills it to maybe a foot or two below ground level, and overflow goes into our pond. Tests high for total coliform bacteria, but I think that’s from all the newts and crickets and other creatures that call it home. To be safe, we did add a UV filter inline with our pleated-paper whole-house filter.

It is utterly frightening how closely I've been described. I get to add a new one. My T-shirts aren't folded flat, they're rolled into little tubes. They are put that way in my drawer, color coordinated of course.

It is utterly frightening how closely I've been described. I get to add a new one. My T-shirts aren't folded flat, they're rolled into little tubes. They are put that way in my drawer, color coordinated of course.
Rolled? I figgered you’d fold them into a miniature boyscout tent or something.

I’ve never heard of that before.

Apparently that’s a clinical thing...

f8de2da1c09bec57351fc931d5c454b3--dorm-closet-closet-storage.jpg

It should be a requirement to be OCD to obtain a pilot's certificate!

Or, at minimum, overly anal retentive.

Fellow airline pilot and I at his dad's house, a retired USAF fighter pilot. Buddy opens the frig and all the beer cans were turned so labels were facing out, neatly lined up. Buddy twists them all around. His dad just shook his head when he found them that way. Probably straightened them all back after we left.

Back