Not a good day for GA travel...

Snowing in the N GA mountains.

Pretty if you don't have to go out.

And we don't!

I guess I won't be riding my bike in Suches this weekend! 1A3 is only 33nm from my home base but I've never dropped in. I'll have to check it out sometime.

Midwest and west is sever clear! I'm flying a buddy to look at an RV-4 this weekend. ::happydance:

The storm swung south of here. It's awfully early in the season for a storm to swing south of here.

Hope this isn't a harbinger.

This week last year, I had the full week off and wanted to get as much flying in as possible -- but I was pre-solo and couldn't hardly find any instructor availability. This year I have the week off again, got my ticket and an aircraft fresh out of a very long annual (had to overhaul the prop :() and wx isn't cooperating -- winds have been above my pay grade.

My company doesn't automatically close the week of Thanksgiving -- they decide if they will do it a few weeks in advance. I bet next year my plane will be roaring to go, wx will be awesome, and I'll be going to work each day!

If nothing else, it builds one's patience up.

Gusts to 50 outside my house; and I'm only a 12.5sm drive from Wiscasset Airport(and it's raining).

HR Happy Thanksgiving to everyone

thats an understatement...im catching a flight to IAD out of LGA today. im hoping it doesnt get cancelled

Tyler to Austin and back this afternoon.
Clean sky 39 deg.

Pretty nice here:

KOJC 271653Z 00000KT 10SM CLR M04/M13 A3041 RMK AO2 SLP311 T10441128

It's horrible out here in NorCal. There's a 9KT wind, sunny and clear. I say it's horrible because for the last month I've been practicing in 0000KT on ground and had to wait for some winds aloft to do reference maneuvers.

I'm doing touch and go today, I'm on the verge of solo *I think*.

METAR KEDU 271930Z AUTO 01009KT 10SM CLR 14/03 A2996 RMK AO1

Looks like I'll be flying on runway 35 today, so some wind will be good for me.

That system was covering TX last weekend. Had me considering canceling the holiday trip to OKC (we won't drive that long with the infant). Thankfully the icing is gone today. Not even IFR weather. SHould be a pleasant evening VFR trip tonight. Better lucky than good. This boy don't do icing in a 200 prop banger.

Cancelled my flight today. Just wasn't that important and could wait until next week.

I hate living in CO. But I'm from MT originally, this just isn't a good substitute in my book, but I can't make a living in MT. Hell I barely can here.
I'd go pac NW again if I had my druthers, buy a little place at independence air park by salem and keep an RV in the garage, yyyyyeah :goofy:

When I think of Pacific Northwest, I think of Seattle (I know, overly broad generalization). Over the years, there were two places I'd heard people talk about who absolutely loved it: Seattle, and San Diego.

On my first week-long business trip to Seattle, I was looking forward to it. But it ended up being one of the most depressing trips I'd ever taken. Rained every day, and the sun was out for maybe five minutes at the most. I couldn't wait to leave, and haven't been back.

I can deal with occasional rain. I even like it. But not weeks on end with no sun. I just couldn't deal with it.

Hmmmmmm Thermometer says 83 here, I'm guessing about 3-4 knots of wind. Not enough for sailing yet, but the wind always comes up in the afternoon. Might have just enough time to get a batch of Mai-tais made. Happy Thanksgiving from Napili Bay!!!! :D

Conditions improved dramatically here... Just before sunset! Planning to fly Friday and Saturday, and log my longest cross-country to date.

Hmmmmmm Thermometer says 83 here, I'm guessing about 3-4 knots of wind. Not enough for sailing yet, but the wind always comes up in the afternoon. Might have just enough time to get a batch of Mai-tais made. Happy Thanksgiving from Napili Bay!!!! :D

What's the water temp?

Eastern VA is most definitely a stay on the ground inside day. Nasty outside. Ice, wind, no visibility....yuck....

Midwest and west is sever clear! I'm flying a buddy to look at an RV-4 this weekend. ::happydance:

Yep, this would have been a great weekend for me to fly to my parent's house. Unfortunately, I don't have an airplane that is airworthy at the moment to do it in so I'm driving 8 hours instead. :(

The east coast doesn't look good though, I'm glad I'm not there right now trying to get home.

I had to DRIVE to pick up my daughter in kennesaw. Ceilings looked doable but no good alternate airports. I hate Atlanta traffic.

Back