Northeast Fly-in Nov 20th-KBID or KGON

neilw2

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Neil W
It's that time again!

We are planning another fly in on Sunday, Novemeber 20th for POA members and @PilotRPI's newly created facebook group.

Date: November 20th
Time: Noon
Location: Either KBID or KGON depending on the size of the group. If we end up with a bunch of people coming we will go to KGON because it will support a bigger group better.

This is a good spot for New England and NY pilots to meet up. Should be an easy flight for most.

Last time we did this we had tons of fun nerding out at each other's planes, watched @orange drink orange juice, and try to figure out how anybody would name their child Unga Wunga.

Reply to thread to let us know you are coming- looking forward to seeing everyone again.

I'll be there! Hopefully @UngaWunga can retell the epic saga of the Wunga clan and their origins... fascinating stuff.

Can't make it ,as I'm in Fla till December. Enjoy

Right now it looks like it's just me, Neil, Céline, John and Jesse... in which case, I vote BID. If the group grows more, let's do GON.

KGON looks boring. Might be in for Block Island. There's a couple of other interesting airports around there with food nearby. 42B appears to have a few restaurants nearby. I like flying into small airports, helps keep them alive. That said, I'm not positive I'll be able to make it.

KGON looks boring. Might be in for Block Island. There's a couple of other interesting airports around there with food nearby. 42B appears to have a few restaurants nearby. I like flying into small airports, helps keep them alive. That said, I'm not positive I'll be able to make it.

42B looks nice, but I am restricted to runways >3,000 ft with the only exception being BID (rental agreement). Agree that BID is much more appealing than GON, but having been to GON - it's not a bad spot. Beautiful to land on with the water right there and the restaurant is nice.

I'm still grounded, and both KGON and KBID are too far to drive :( (not to mention, BID would require a ferry ride). Have fun, hopefully I'll catch the next one...

Cajun, when I was renting at Mansfield, they would give out "short field waivers" or something like that if a CFI approved, as their standard was also 3,000 ft. Any chance they'd do that? Another option could be Keene if that would help Azure, and I've heard good things about the new restaurant there. I'm happy to go pretty much anywhere, but I'm in for Nov 20 either way. I'll put the date on Facebook with a location TBD.

Keene has a great restaurant - lots of space. I'm fine with that. I know Celine would like to visit there as well, since it's one of the airports in the restaurant "challenge."

If everyone else is good with Keene, maybe we do it there. I'd like to try a new restaurant so I'm game.

It sounds right now like we have settled on KEEN, 12:00 on Sunday, November 20th. Plenty of room at that restaurant. Let us know if you are able to join.

I should be able to make it. Had a very encouraging consultation with my new AME today, but unfortunately I'll still be "flying" my silver 2012 Sonic for now. Tail number Golf Tango Bravo Three Zero Four. :cool:

I'm in. See you there.

For anyone on the fence, the restaurant at Keene also has a pick and mix candy and ice cream bar (just in case that is important information) :)

I'm up for Keene. Have a pilot friend visiting from Quebec who'd like to meet some locals. I can testify that the restaurant is good and service is very friendly.

Note that SS fuel is across the field from the FBO and restaurant.

FYI - we are still planning to meet Sunday, Nov 20th, 12:00 @ KEEN. Hopefully the weather will work in our favor.

I could ride my bicycle up to there, if it's good enough for flying it's good enough for riding.

Sunday is looking unlikely to happen due to weather.

If anyone is interested in trying again Sunday December 4th, let me know.

Thinking of flying out today to KEEN for lunch.

Yep, we lost our good WX overnight, yours ends tonight. Go while you can...

Some people went today, but the rest of us are going to try again on Dec 4th (noon). In case you don't know, we have a FB group for New England pilots now. PM me if you want a link.

This former New England pilot will be in the area that weekend. However, on Sunday I will be in Foxboro watching my beloved Patriots. If you decide to do it on Saturday instead, let me know.

Cheap fuel at 8B1... runway a little bumpy at the ends, just land a little long. Was 3.89 when I was there this weekend.

Cheap fuel at 8B1... runway a little bumpy at the ends, just land a little long. Was 3.89 when I was there this weekend.

I'm happy to meet up with you there one day! Keene is just a bit more central and easy to get to for our CT/NY people, so I think that's why we are aiming for that as the next meet up.

@Dave Theisen - I'm sure you'll be able to find a few local pilots able to meet up with you that Saturday! Unfortunately, many of us are renters and it's usually quite difficult to get a plane booked on a Saturday. Slots fill up early! That's why we tend to stick to Sunday dates.

I'm happy to meet up with you there one day! Keene is just a bit more central and easy to get to for our CT/NY people, so I think that's why we are aiming for that as the next meet up.

@Dave Theisen - I'm sure you'll be able to find a few local pilots able to meet up with you that Saturday! Unfortunately, many of us are renters and it's usually quite difficult to get a plane booked on a Saturday. Slots fill up early! That's why we tend to stick to Sunday dates.

8B1 is right next door to Keene. But the fuel price made it worth dropping in to. Self Serve pump for 100LL

You'd freeze up like a popsicle anyway! The IR wouldn't do you any good.

Yep I love the utility my IFR rating gets me but in the wintertime up here it is virtually useless!

Yep I love the utility my IFR rating gets me but in the wintertime up here it is virtually useless!
You have to get a Cirrus. Fill up the TKS and you're good to go. It makes trips into icing conditions a non issue for the most part.

Right now we have 8 people RSVPed through the Facebook group for this Sunday @ KEEN (12:00). If anyone from here is interested, let me know.

I'm unfortunately out....working weekends is not fun!

possibly in.

Cool! Hope to see you. Sorry you won't make it this time, @neilw2 . It looks like we have 8 pilots confirmed, a couple other possibles - so I'll make a reservation at the restaurant this morning. Hope to see some of you there.

Back