No longer a renter

MyassisDragon

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Mr Fred
Finally after months of tire kicking I have finally closed on my (new to me) 1971 Beechcraft V35B bonanza and I am no longer a renter.

Took possession Monday, and am in the process of flying it from California to my home town in Michigan.

Still feel like it's some one else's plane and my wife keeps laughing at me when she sees me grinning like a little boy during flight.

Pretty impressed so far with the performance of the IO-550. Flew from Santa Fe NM to Missouri in 3.5 hr at 9500alt burning 11.5gph LOP at 140kt (170GPS tailwind) then dropped to 6500alt at 22MP 160kt + at12GPH.. (200kt GPS)

All while just under 1400 EGT and CHTs under 300.

The thing ran like a well oiled sewing machine....loving it!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1446168479.768611.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1446168479.768611.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 152
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1446168490.143357.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1446168490.143357.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 121
Just when I thought the skies around here were safe...

Congratulations on the new toy and freedom from scheduling conflicts!!

Pretty impressed so far with the performance of the IO-550. Flew from Santa Fe NM to Missouri in 3.5 hr at 9500alt burning 11.5gph LOP at 140kt (170GPS tailwind)

I think you'll find that your Bo is faster than 140 KT's at 9500 ft. I'm guessing that was your indicated airspeed. True airspeed was probably more like 165...which means only about 5 knots of that was tailwind.

This is good news. Your bo is faster than you thought :)

I think you'll find that your Bo is faster than 140 KT's at 9500 ft. I'm guessing that was your indicated airspeed. True airspeed was probably more like 165...which means only about 5 knots of that was tailwind.

He don't need no stinking TAS calculations! He's busy reading his newspaper on autopilot! ;)

(That's a Jesse inside joke and you'll have to meet Jesse in person to find out why I said that. A good reason to head to the next PoA fly-in.)

:thumbsup:

Airplane ownership is great! Even when the engine is in another state. ;)

It's faster alright....but 140 is like the Carson speed for max endurance. :yes:

1210technique.gif

Last edited:
Congratulation. Very nice plane and very nice trip you do to get her to Michigan. We have to see pictures... :)

Just ran it on the E6B and you are correct within a knot....Sweet!

Second happiest day of an airplane owners life. Huge congrats. Bo's are supposed to be the best.

Congratulation. Very nice plane and very nice trip you do to get her to Michigan. We have to see pictures... :)

Let's see...

He's in Michigan...

You're in Michigan...

Pictures???

Whattttt????

How about getting together for a regional fly-in lunch!!! :yes:

:goofy:

Tell me something...if you load that thing toward the back, does the tail touch the deck?

LoL....Congratulations.

Just ran it on the E6B and you are correct within a knot....Sweet!

But was it a metal E6B or one of those cheap (inaccurate) ones?

Tell me something...if you load that thing toward the back, does the tail touch the deck?

LoL....Congratulations.

But was it a metal E6B or one of those cheap (inaccurate) ones?

It does have some CG particulars to pay attention to...

And the E6B was one of those cheap sportys ipad ones....I wonder if they can change the back ground to look like metal?

Finally after months of tire kicking I have finally closed on my (new to me) 1971 Beechcraft V35B bonanza and I am no longer a renter.

Took possession Monday, and am in the process of flying it from California to my home town in Michigan.

Still feel like it's some one else's plane and my wife keeps laughing at me when she sees me grinning like a little boy during flight.

Pretty impressed so far with the performance of the IO-550. Flew from Santa Fe NM to Missouri in 3.5 hr at 9500alt burning 11.5gph LOP at 140kt (170GPS tailwind) then dropped to 6500alt at 22MP 160kt + at12GPH.. (200kt GPS)

All while just under 1400 EGT and CHTs under 300.

The thing ran like a well oiled sewing machine....loving it!!

Congrats...

There is an identical one here for sale.... Even down to the paint job....

N1400G.

Back