No finger prints - Who knew?

ebetancourt

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Ernie
My wife and I recently applied for CC permits. At the end of the process, you go to a business that does digital finger prints for the state. I had some difficulties, and did not get 10. The operator told me that older people who have handled a lot of paper in their lives tend to erase their finger prints. My wife, a former teacher got exactly no readable prints. I told her she could now become a career criminal.

I guess I always thought your finger prints were always with you. Wrong.

I don't have finger prints, lol, when I got my concealed weapon permit, police never seen it before, I have 9 1/2 smudges lol, 1 of my fingers gave maybe a partial 1/3 of a print up the side of it, but I have done automotive work burning hands on hot engines, bodywork sanding cars and working on hot engines on motorcycles, even welding, and probably touched hot parts, so mine are melted by my career choices

Now if we could just figure out how to randomize our DNA.

My gym uses fingerprint as part of the checkin. Apparently the seniors are the most likely to have issues with the fingerprint readers, simply because they have less prints left to scan.

Why would you lock your phone? :stir:

Wayne

OMG! How do you unlock your phone?!

The fingerprint unlock works poorly for me. Makes me wonder if I have amg fingerprints left.

My gym uses fingerprint as part of the checkin. Apparently the seniors are the most likely to have issues with the fingerprint readers, simply because they have less prints left to scan.
Well my primary job has biometric fimgerprint readers, they had to figure out how to issue me a code to punch, I'm only employee that doesn't punch click with my fingerprint

Today I washed my plane and had to check a message about 2/3 of the way through. My phone won't read a water logged thumb.

My prints are pretty distinct despite all the manual labor I’ve done and the chemicals I’ve worked with.

No criminal life for me.

At least not a successful one.
That is after all why I became a pilot. Too lazy to work too nervous to steal.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

My finger prints must change all the time. My iPhone doesn’t recognize my finger prints after a few weeks. Now I just use a number code.

The fingerprint scanners and touch screens drive me nuts. Can’t get them to read or work about 75% of the time. Touch pads on our laptops at work are even worse. I’ve had to start carrying a mouse in my gear bag so I can use the laptops out on the airplane. A little tough to drag a desk and computer out to the bird, and not enough ethernet cable anyway.

My wife's and her sister both have problems with electronic fingerprint readers. Apparently, their fingers are too dry. They do however copy fine on regular mechanical fingerprinting (either ink or the newer inkless cards).

I've been told those who work with even mild acids (processing fruit etc...) often don't have useful prints when taken.

Virginia resident permits don't require fingerprint cards (or actually going to a live handguns safety course). I'm still operating on mine. It's amusing that it has my NC address on it. Some day I'll have to get a NC one.

Not that I'm adverse to being fingerprinted. There's a study in black and white of my fingerprints down in a folder in Washington somewhere. Countless security clearance forms over the year, a stint working for the army, my PreCheck, my TWIC card, and probably some more times I've forgotten.

I actually don't lock my phone. I just wipe message history every few days.

The folks at CBP told everyone to "put a little lotion on your fingers" before using the Global Entry kiosks. Seemed to work OK - they're now putting in facial recognition at Global Entry kiosks.

Better than the Iris readers that the UK border folks used - they would almost never recognize me.

"Craig, post: 2754406, member: 27039"]The fingerprint scanners and touch screens drive me nuts. Can’t get them to read or work about 75% of the time. Touch pads on our laptops at work are even worse. I’ve had to start carrying a mouse in my gear bag so I can use the laptops out on the airplane. A little tough to drag a desk and computer out to the bird, and not enough ethernet cable anyway.[/QUOTE]
Wouldnt a trackball work better in your situation? I hate moving mouse all around versus laying palm over a trackball. At home they are all I use, but my wife hates and still prefers a conventional mouse.

Wouldnt a trackball work better in your situation? I hate moving mouse all around versus laying palm over a trackball. At home they are all I use, but my wife hates and still prefers a conventional mouse.

A large trackball would probably work fine, but I'd be a bit hacked if it got crushed or doused in hydraulic fluid or jet fuel. That's why I've got a 6$ mouse in my bag...Most of our laptops are supposed to have a mouse with them, but you know how it is in a shop where you have multiple buildings and several hundred people using the stuff...

My wife and I recently applied for CC permits. At the end of the process, you go to a business that does digital finger prints for the state. I had some difficulties, and did not get 10. The operator told me that older people who have handled a lot of paper in their lives tend to erase their finger prints. My wife, a former teacher got exactly no readable prints. I told her she could now become a career criminal.

I guess I always thought your finger prints were always with you. Wrong.
So if she had no usable prints, how will they perform the NICS check on her before issuing the CHL? Or is there some kind of an alternate method? Or possibly a waiver she can sign: "I got no prints but I certify I am not a criminal"? Afterall, that's all they ask for when it comes to one's sanity. LOL

So if she had no usable prints, how will they perform the NICS check on her before issuing the CHL? Or is there some kind of an alternate method? Or possibly a waiver she can sign: "I got no prints but I certify I am not a criminal"? Afterall, that's all they ask for when it comes to one's sanity. LOL

Supposedly they use all the other information she provided (extensive actually) and search that way. In any case it took about a week longer for hers to arrive than mine.

Actually one of my pet peeves is that gun possession doesn't at least require the same sanity and DUI checks as pilots go through.

^and somehow it would still come back to parachutes, Bonanzas, shock cooling, high wing vs low, etc

Carry on..

^oh and "can I log PIC if..."

My wife has the same issue - no useful prints. To be a RN in Texas her prints had to be rejected 3 times due to “quality of print” as opposed to “technician error”. Then they basically bypass that part of the criminal background check.

I find a diet rich in fiber is also good

Our sheriff's office uses a scanner that can apparently pick up something from just about anybody. BTW, a criminal trick in olden tymes was to sand off your fingerprints.

Just don't use it as an excuse to go on a crime spree. You still have lots of DNA.

Back