Nick's map of the US...

AdamZ said:
Grant if you've been to Detroit you could include the UP its still part of Michigan.:yes:
Well, wasn't there a thing a few years ago when the UP wanted to secede from MI and become the Superior state? :rofl: I was treating them separately. I've done MI many times, frequently for Mackinac Island, but also Oscoda/Wurtsmith and Traverse City. In any case, I can now put 6Y9 (and IMT) in the UP/Superior category, so I'm covered when they do secede!:goofy:

Note to self . . . get out of midwest. My excuse is that it has only been 2 years.

Attachments

• map.bmp
    623.7 KB · Views: 18
bstratt said:
Only if you were PIC!:yes:
Hey, I just realized that, while I was sole manipulator for some of my states, I'm not multi-rated, so, while it was Dual Received, it wasn't PIC. Does that still count? Here's an updated chart.

Attachments

• Grant_States.GIF
    Grant_States.GIF
    10.2 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Started logging the red states in 2004:

Red I have landed in via GA, as PIC in 2212R
Blue, I have visited but not via GA
White, never set foot in the state.

Attachments

• usa_color.gif
    usa_color.gif
    9.3 KB · Views: 15
I'm in. For me the green is glider only. Red is airplane and in some states glider too. Not bad for only two years with the Mooney.

Attachments

• US Landings.gif
    US Landings.gif
    9.7 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
WHY is everyone avoiding Penna. do we have the plague or something?
Dave G.

gprellwitz said:
...sole manipulator.... Does that still count?
Plenty good enough! You were the one that took off and you were the one that landed. -- Mike

Re: map of North America...

If it's Pilot's of AMERICA then let's see the whole picture.
north america map aug 6 2006.GIF

I am a pathetic excuse for a pilot.

Blue = Motorcycle
Red = Airplane

Attachments

• bike.GIF
    bike.GIF
    9.2 KB · Views: 9
  • fly.GIF
    fly.GIF
    9.3 KB · Views: 14

smigaldi said:
Yeah but not in it's proper location just west of Mexico and Hawaii :D:D
Ever heard the stories about people on the street who believe that is where it really is? We are at the mercy of cartographers.

Last edited:

alaskaflyer said:
Ever heard the stories about people on the street who believe that is where it really is? We are at the mercy of cartographers.

Oh yes I have heard from them. I had a young child (12ish) in a class I taught about scuba diving and mentioned cold water diving in Alaska and they asked me why the water was so cold since Alaska is so close to Hawaii. They were serious BTW.

....and now mine is updated. BTW - I am not trying to steal compliments, but remember, most of this has been done in the last year. I've had my PPL since April 8th, 2005, and all but New Hampshire, Massacusetts and Florida were done Post PPL.

smigaldi said:
Oh yes I have heard from them. I had a young child (12ish) in a class I taught about scuba diving and mentioned cold water diving in Alaska and they asked me why the water was so cold since Alaska is so close to Hawaii. They were serious BTW.

Yeah, and in 1969 I had a math teacher at Newton HS in Newtonville, MA who had been "out west to Ohio" once. Geez.

Oh, I've been to all 50 states at one time or another. On the ground, not as PIC.

HUmmm, I got to get out west :)

Attachments

• usa_color.gif
    usa_color.gif
    5.8 KB · Views: 10
Troy Whistman said:
Anybody here seen (in person, on the ground) all 50 states? That's what we're trying to do with our three girls before they are all out of the house. Been a family goal since they were little... gotta go make MY map now.

Almost - The only one I've never been to is Alaska.

I've been to everything in the lower 48 in the last 3 years or so.

Everything (48) except LA, MS, and NM and I think AL in the last year.

flyingcheesehead said:
Almost - The only one I've never been to is Alaska.

Well, then, stop whinin' and c'mon up! Airline prices drop dramatically in the winter... :) :)

--Kath

kath said:
Well, then, stop whinin' and c'mon up! Airline prices drop dramatically in the winter... :) :)

--Kath
hmmmmm. not a bad idea........

Expect to turn the the grey areas to green in six months.

Attachments

• usa_color.gif
    usa_color.gif
    9.5 KB · Views: 3
Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, I get to revive a thread now:

here's my updated color map, anyone else wanna join in again?
usa_color.gif

I've added a few states since August of '06.

Attachments

• DW USA 07.bmp
    160.1 KB · Views: 12
Hey, I get to revive a thread now:

here's my updated color map, anyone else wanna join in again?
usa_color.gif

Here's my latest. I've somehow only managed to add one more state in the last howevermany months it's been (9 or so). :redface: Thanks Steve. :yes:

Attachments

• States landed.gif
    States landed.gif
    8.5 KB · Views: 2
Woohoo! I get to add a few since last time!

Attachments

• CJ_Map.GIF
    CJ_Map.GIF
    9.4 KB · Views: 2
I've added a couple, but I still need to get out more.

Attachments

• map.GIF
    map.GIF
    8.6 KB · Views: 2
Well my map has not changed but for those of you looking to Add Pennsylvania to yours the prefect opportunity it to come to the Wings FlyBQ May 19 Rain date May 20

Well my map has not changed but for those of you looking to Add Pennsylvania to yours the prefect opportunity it to come to the Wings FlyBQ May 19 Rain date May 20

Shameless....simply shameless.

:D :D

Well I've flown in PA once before thanks to Ed G, but I'll be flying TO PA for the first time... And also stopping at BKL to add Ohio to the list most likely. :yes:

Well I've flown in PA once before thanks to Ed G, but I'll be flying TO PA for the first time... And also stopping at BKL to add Ohio to the list most likely. :yes:

$25 ramp fee at BKL now, in addition to the $10 or $20 fee the city of Cleveland will send you.

Back