NFL or TSA

ron22

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Ron Hammer
Will see if this stays out of Spin Zone.

http://www.nfl.com/qs/allclear/index.jsp
To provide a safer environment for the public and significantly expedite fan entry into stadiums, NFL teams will implement an NFL policy this year that limits the size and type of bags that may be brought into stadiums.
Prohibited items include, but are not limited to: purses larger than a clutch bag, coolers, briefcases, backpacks, fanny packs, cinch bags, seat cushions, luggage of any kind, computer bags and camera bags or any bag larger than the permissible size.

When do the body scanners arrive:D

What they mean to say is prohibited items include: beer, food, foam fingers with team names, and anything else we can sell to a captive crowd at fun fun fun prices.

I'm simply not capable of expressing how stupid, moronic, useless, wasteful and complete happy horse manure those procedures are.

I gave up on overpaid players and über wealthy owners in pro sports years ago.

Cheers

They want you to be a fanatic fan and buy their branded merchandise, buy their gold plated tickets, buy their vastly over priced beer and food, and then just sit quietly in the seats.
Well, no one ever lost money by betting that the public is stupid and treating them like idiots, so likely the uber wealthy owners will make out on this one too.

Find some friends and a park/backyard and play it yourself. It's free, more fun, and will get you some excersise.

I've never understood the appeal of paying a bunch of money to watch other people play a game.

They want you to be a fanatic fan and buy their branded merchandise, buy their gold plated tickets, buy their vastly over priced beer and food, and then just sit quietly in the seats.
Well, no one ever lost money by betting that the public is stupid and treating them like idiots, so likely the uber wealthy owners will make out on this one too.

In many cases the stadiums are either publicly funded or there's a tax break to the owners for moving to/remaining in the city. I don't think you have to worry much about the owners.

I'm simply not capable of expressing how stupid, moronic, useless, wasteful and complete happy horse manure those procedures are.

Sure you can just try :)

Sure you can just try :)

I are a engineer and simply can't properly express the level of disdain I have for the people coming up with such procedures.

It makes perfect financial sense.

1) They can limite the number of security personel they need since there will be less to search.

2) They force you to purchase anything and everythng you may want or need from the concessions in the stadium

Sadly I think they are using a national tradgedy for some financial gain.

Anyone from Philly remember Hoagiegate?

No, it's for the CHILDREN!

How could you be such a selfish greedy SOB as to rather be able to smuggle some food in to steal money from the team than keep one person, maybe, alive.
:mad2:

Me too:wink2:

This is one reason I prefer not going to the stadiums to watch football. Prefer local bar or buddy's rumpus room. View's better, food's cheaper, and the bathroom line's waaay shorter.

It makes perfect financial sense.

2) They force you to purchase anything and everythng you may want or need from the concessions in the stadium

Bingo.....We have a winner!

This is one reason I prefer not going to the stadiums to watch football. Prefer local bar or buddy's rumpus room. View's better, food's cheaper, and the bathroom line's waaay shorter.

Whoa! What decade are you posting in? Rumpus Room? Haven't heard that term since oh I don't know "My Favorite Martian" was on Network TV.

Whoa! What decade are you posting in? Rumpus Room? Haven't heard that term since oh I don't know "My Favorite Martian" was on Network TV.

Yeah, but I think it should make a comeback. "Man Cave" is not nearly as fun nor descriptive.

Back