Newly certificated airframe mechanic!

ajstoner21

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Andrew
So, I've been MIA on the forums for quite a while. I pop in now and then and read some threads, but for those who remember me, I thought id update.

I passed my airframe mechanic oral and practical exams!

I have my freshly printed temporary airmen certificate for a mechanic with the airframe rating!

I should have my powerplant rating by the end of the year.

Been doing night school at a community college that has a part 147 program.

nice.....:thumbsup:

probably one of the best things I could have done....even above a degree in aero-engineering.:yes:

Great ,now go out and use the ticket. Congrats.

Way to go ! step 1.

To the OP, congrats! I'm only a little jealous.

nice.....:thumbsup:

probably one of the best things I could have done....even above a degree in aero-engineering.:yes:

Six, can you elaborate on why it's one of the best things you've done? I can see numerous benefits but wondering what stands out to you.

Step 2 is more learning. I'm still stuck on it after 10 years. Just yesterday we were debating an EASA STC, EASA/FAA AD and (two) FAA AMOC and (two) airplane manufacturer service bulletins for an airplane not US registered, all for a software upgrade in one of the many boxes. :goofy:

Congrats! I did an aerospace engineering degree, then went to a 147 school for A&P, and I think the A&P has helped me more than the engineering in both getting hired and doing good work in the jobs I've held. Very glad to have both the theory and the hands on knowledge.

Patrick

Congratulations!
You have a license to learn now. It's 36 years now for me as a licensed A&P and I'm still learning. I still love what I do and I hope you will too.

Congratulations Andrew! I was wondering about not seeing you around here for awhile.

That's a perfect thing to put with your aerospace education and career.

I hope to bump into you again at some aviation function or another.

All the best!

Back