New to this site, new to flying!

Tell me about it. Beautiful day except for the wind. Gusts to 30. So I watched the plows clear the drifting snow from the runways, drank a bunch of coffee, and airport bummed it for a couple hours. looks like I might have to skip out on work early to take advantage of nice days during the week.

Finally got back in the air today! It'd been a month and a half with the weather and the holidays etc. Had a nice crosswind no matter which runway I chose. I guess it's like riding a bike, you don't forget that easy! Flew around a little at first to get the feel back, then beat the pattern up. My CFI said I did extremely well. Let's hope weather continues to be fair so I can get back on track!

Finished up the last of my solo time on Sunday, 1.2 hours. Flew around a bunch, did a simulated engine out over Stony Island and lined up on the grass strip they have there. Did a bunch of crosswind landings, which got interesting as after I got up in the air it started gusting to 15. I was really pleased with all of my landings. Few hours left to hit the 40 hour mark. My instructor says I'll be ready for the check ride then as well. Gettin there!

Finished up the last of my solo time on Sunday, 1.2 hours. Flew around a bunch, did a simulated engine out over Stony Island and lined up on the grass strip they have there. Did a bunch of crosswind landings, which got interesting as after I got up in the air it started gusting to 15. I was really pleased with all of my landings. Few hours left to hit the 40 hour mark. My instructor says I'll be ready for the check ride then as well. Gettin there!

Git Er Done....

Back