New to site -- Actor- would love feedback

Please don't tell me they used the sounds of a piston engine starting for a turbine aircraft.... please.....oh, please.. :rolleyes:
There are a ton of non-aviation foley work effects that are annoying to me too.

-If zooming onto a computer screen with text scrolling or a progress bar, "digital sounds" must be playing even though no computer actually works like that. Must only be playing while closely looking at the screen.
-The same camera shutter + film advance sound even if it's an old camera that wouldn't have a motor drive or a digital camera that wouldn't either
-The only two cat noises that seem to be available to any foley artist. To be played in situations where the cat's obviously not making that sound
-"Clacking" sounds any time a gun is being handled. Do all guns have loose parts that rattle around when you hold them?

I'm sure there are more.

There are a ton of non-aviation foley work effects that are annoying to me too.

-If zooming onto a computer screen with text scrolling or a progress bar, "digital sounds" must be playing even though no computer actually works like that. Must only be playing while closely looking at the screen.
-The same camera shutter + film advance sound even if it's an old camera that wouldn't have a motor drive or a digital camera that wouldn't either
-The only two cat noises that seem to be available to any foley artist. To be played in situations where the cat's obviously not making that sound
-"Clacking" sounds any time a gun is being handled. Do all guns have loose parts that rattle around when you hold them?

I'm sure there are more.
The "fast forward" sounds when someone is skipping through a recording.

Just the ones that go off by themselves. ;) :rolleyes:

Also:

Phony kissing sounds
Phony slapping sounds
Phony fistfight sounds
Tires screeching every time the driver is in a hurry

Or manual transmission sounds when the car is an automatic.
I also love when downshifting somehow results in going faster when already at full throttle, and every time you get behind in a car race you have infinite downshifts even when at redline!

Back