New (to me) headset maker

Missing a key item for me.... Bluetooth connectivity. I wouldn't think that would up the cost/manufacture complexity that much to have included BT.

Nice find! I love my QT Halos, but in my Sportcruiser, the Bose X ANR does make a noticeable difference.

I too wish it had Bluetooth capability, and I don't know if the LEMO plug will power the headset, or if you still need the batteries. I guess I could just plug it into my Bluelink, but then I have two sets of batteries to futz with.

I've had Halos since 2009 and love them, but if they had ANR, I'd like them even better. I have to say though, the ANR L2s probably lack quality. A company that won't bother proof reading (or hiring someone to localize) their ad/web page probably brought the product to market cutting corners everywhere possible.

Ozone, thanks, I just wanted to buy a new headset

I have Halo's. Bought the UFQ's about 9 months ago. Liked the mechanics much better than the Halo's. But the ANR needs work. I got a... thruming sound. Kind of like when twin engines aren't synchronized. I let them know and they offered some money back. I declined and they accepted the return with a full refund. Unfortunately, shipping wasn't cheap since they were going back to China.

If they get the ANR figured out, I would buy another set in a heartbeat.

One thing I don't like about in-the-ear units is you cannot "double-plug". At times, under my aviation ANR headset, and at all times under my ANR shooting muffs I wear foam plugs. They give an extra margin of "adjust-ability" to the ANR units. Not possible with an in-the-ear.

One thing I don't like about in-the-ear units is you cannot "double-plug". At times, under my aviation ANR headset, and at all times under my ANR shooting muffs I wear foam plugs. They give an extra margin of "adjust-ability" to the ANR units. Not possible with an in-the-ear.

You could put a set of passive over the ear shooting style muffs on over the in the ear headset? Never tried it just a thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Note this is both ANR and in-the-ear.

I have Clarity Alofts and like them. No experience with the UFQ.
Another lesser known (yet similar) alternative is from a RV guy:
https://cqheadset.com/shop/
I have no experience (or affiliation) with them. Reviews may be found searching VAF.

So I ordered a headset from this company about a month ago. First of all, I had a hard time getting updates on shipping. It did say I should receive them by May 8. Then I got tracking info for DHL. That's when I realized they were coming direct from China. Now the DHL website says they are on "hold". I work hard to buy American made products. But I missed the small print on this one. Now I have a notice from DHL that the shipment is being held up in China. I have no idea when I will receive the product. But I'll be glad to provide feedback when they get here (if they get here).
JC

Looks like another "made in and shipped from" China venture. I've had about enough of the slick web pages, Paypal payment, then 45 days to ship - only to have it eventually show up in a well worn, half-open, non-padded USPS Priority mailer envelope with 3 or 4 different postal franks on it.

http://uflyquiet.com/

People's experiences with in-ear headsets can be very different.

I have an L-2.

I had an L-1 and hatred it. Not that huge a fan of in-ear and those didn't fit me well and blocked next to nothing in noise. Good thing the first time I tried them in the cockpit was with an instructor. I couldn't hear anything over takeoff power. Ended up selling them on eBay.

Despite that experience, I decided to try the L2 and was very pleasantly surprised. This one fit well. Plus I purchased some Comply ear tips. The ANR is as good as any I've used and it is among the quietest headsets I've ever worn (been using ANR for more than 25 years).

That said, no way to tell its longevity. The seller is pretty responsive to questions and I have heard one story of a successful return. But that means nothing for the long term.

The other piece is I don't always wear it. I bought it as a travel replacement. Something to toss in the suitcase if going on a non-flying vacation just in case I got lucky. But it has also turned into the summer replacement for my Zulus. One of the airplanes I regularly teach and fly in is a DA40. Anyone who knows it knows how incredibly hot that bubble cockpit can get. Because it's in-ear with no over the head band, I can wear it under a floppy hat for some extra sun shielding. It makes a big difference.

Back