New Pilot!!

Aviatrix

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Aviatrix
I'm now a Private Pilot! I did my check ride yesterday morning. :goofy:The oral was much easier than I was preparing for, but still glad I did all that studying. By the time we got to the flying part I was confident because of all the practice the week before in strong winds and the winds were pretty calm for the check ride. All my maneuvers/landings were almost the best I've done them. Thanks for all the help through my training when I posted on here! :yesnod:

Congrats. Way to go!!!

...it's amazing how we step it up on the checkride. I did a few TNG's before my checkride (it was at another airport) and my landings were marginal...would pass PTS, but nothing i was proud of. My soft and short field were the best I've ever done once I got the checkride.

Congrats man!! Now, go fly some XC's!!

Congratulations, pilot! Now get on out there and convert dollars to airspeed!

now you can't "dress like a pilot for Halloween", u know, cause you ARE ONE!

congrats!!!!!!!

Congrats Caitlin. Knew u would do well. Hope that PDF helped. Was it like he described?

A miniscule portion of our populace get to be pilots - and fewer still, are women.

Congratulations for busting the odds, Aviatrix!

Way to go!
'worth repeating...
in the USA: (approx)
850,000 Lawyers
650,000 Physicians/Surgeons
600,000 Pilots
200,000 Private pilots
??? current and active
Only 4% of pilots are women
It's a small club, filled with outstanding people!

Congrats and the weather should finally turn in the next couple of days so you'll have a chance to use it next week

Well done, who gets the first ride?

Yep, it's my boyfriend. We're doing the NYC VFR corridor and then having a landing contest. It's been years since he's flown a single engine plane so I may be able to kick an ATP's butt in landing for a small amount of time.

Thanks everyone! I'm STILL so happy about it! Can't wait to get back up now! And also get that plastic card.

Yep, it's my boyfriend. We're doing the NYC VFR corridor and then having a landing contest. It's been years since he's flown a single engine plane so I may be able to kick an ATP's butt in landing for a small amount of time.
I have no doubt you will! :)

Thanks everyone! I'm STILL so happy about it! Can't wait to get back up now! And also get that plastic card.
Congratulations! :thumbsup:

Back