New Panel - Headphone Jack Placement?

C206 Driver

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
C206 Driver
Long time listener, first time caller. Working on upgrading the panel on my 65' C206. Since we'll be creating a new layout and cutting a new panel, I had contemplated incorporating the headphone jacks into the panel itself vs. underneath (and hard to reach/see) as current.

Looking for any pros, cons, thoughts, pictures from those more experienced than I.

If you use an ANR headset (and you should), think about where the control box will sit after you plug in. You don't want the plugs to be so high on the panel that the box hangs freely.

The front seat on my Navion has the jacks on the lower outboard parts of the panel. Int the rear, they're mounted below the seats.

In my archer, we used a location that was kind of near my left knee was. I use a lightspeed headset and the control box stores neatly in the side pocket.
If you use an ANR headset (and you should), think about where the control box will sit after you plug in. You don't want the plugs to be so high on the panel that the box hangs freely.

Ash trays? I’ve seen them installed there.
Welcome to POA C206 Driver.

Mine were installed where the ash trays used to be in a smaller 172. My knee is close to the ash tray and it is not the best setup for me. A 206 is larger and may not be a issue? I was wanting mine moved back down under the panel since I leave mine in the plane most times and don't unplug them that much.

Like said, plan on where the control box will go, mine sit in the side pocket.

Last edited:
I'm going through this now in my 182. We decided to put headset jacks and usb power ports on the lower, outboard corners of the panel. Easy to plug in, like you said, and cords can route down and away from the panel or around the outside and up to the glareshield. And anything bulky (headset boxes, charging cell phones...) can fit in the side pockets.

Attachments

• N821LL Rev 6.PNG
    N821LL Rev 6.PNG
    369.2 KB · Views: 14
My cessna front seat plug locations are bottom left corner for pilot, mid height far right edge for co pilot. I added zip ties on the side structure to clip the Lightspeed power packs to. Works great.

908D92E3-FBF5-4BD5-8901-89AC7114A173.jpeg 6F2C414F-0143-4285-8861-44A68AD774BA.jpeg

thanks everyone! Have decided to keep as-is on the pilot side to avoid wires over switches, but put GA and Lemo in the panel on the copilot side for easier access.

Back