New Orleans area airport Pireps

Ravioli

Ejection Handle Pulled
Display Name

Display name:
Unwanted Guest - Perma-ban Pending
My brother and his family are going to New Orleans and I might drive the RV down to visit them. Which airport should I be looking at?

ID City Name Remarks
KNEW New Orleans, LA, USA Lakefront Airport
KMSY New Orleans, LA, USA Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport

Thanks.

Last edited:
KNEW. Closer and easier to get to downtown, less crazy to fly into. Recommended the same to my CFI who just flew in there yesterday... seemed to work well for him.

Just got back from NOLA a few weeks ago.. we always use KNEW and Flightline.. If you plan on taking a taxi.. call ahead or you will wait a little bit.

My parents and sister live in Kenner so I chose to fly into Reserve (1L0) to visit last Spring. Not a bad little airport especially if your visit is on the west side of the metro area.

I flew into knew once for mardi gras . hadn't even gotten out of the plane yet when the flightline lineman handed me 2 cold bud lights and said welcome to new Orleans.
Call them ahead of time with an eta and they will have a taxi waiting for you.
Take note of the parallel runways.

Flown into KNEW many times, easy airport. Spatial disorientation has gotten a few pilots over the years on those overcast low visibility days flying over Lake Pontchartrain so be aware of that. KMSY easy to fly into also but it mostly airline traffic. Outlying airports in the NO area all easy too, just depends where you're headed.

Def KNEW if you are coming to the city. Uber works great around here, call if you get into local trouble.

KNEW
Tropic Isle - Large a hand grenade with no ice
Mothers for breakfast after.

Repeat.

Enjoy

I flew into knew once for mardi gras . hadn't even gotten out of the plane yet when the flightline lineman handed me 2 cold bud lights and said welcome to new Orleans.
Call them ahead of time with an eta and they will have a taxi waiting for you.
Take note of the parallel runways.

Bud lights? Didn't they have any beer?

:D

A blackened voodoo would have been nice.

I go to KNEW about once per year and use Flightline, first class FBO. Last time we were there they were hosting an event for Citation Jet owners! Never seen so many Mustangs and CJ's in my life!

KNEW,a good stop.a nice FBO to serve your needs.

Back