Jixsta

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Jeremy
Hello,

This is my first post. I have been lurking on this forum for about a year now. I got my private pilots license in August of 2017. I got into aviation as a hobby, something I have always wanted to do. I'm still a low time pilot (85ish) hours. I am based out of Davis California at University Airport (KEDU). Career wise, I'm a full-time firefighter engineer with a local fire department. I have a lot to learn still and I hope to meet some new friends here.

Welcome Jeremy.

When I first got my private ticket I totally intended it to be just a hobby. Boy did I screw that one up!!

Congrats on the ticket.

I admire your profession. I also admire LEOs and people who serve in the military.

I'll get slammed for this bit, but I think politicians are worthy of some admiration. The ones I disagree with still have the courage of their convictions, and that is more than the regular citizen.

Anyway, the point of my post: You said you lurked for a year. What swung the pendulum and got you join and reply?

Welcome!

What do you fly?
So far, I am only checked out in the Cessna 152 and 172. I'm a member at the Davis flying club (CAFF). They have 4 152's, 4 172's, 1 182, and a piper Seminole.

I would love to buy my own airplane someday. But the rental prices are pretty cheap though.

Congrats on the ticket.

I admire your profession. I also admire LEOs and people who serve in the military.

I'll get slammed for this bit, but I think politicians are worthy of some admiration. The ones I disagree with still have the courage of their convictions, and that is more than the regular citizen.

Anyway, the point of my post: You said you lurked for a year. What swung the pendulum and got you join and reply?

Thank you.

I just realized that I'm always reading information in this forum and I don't contribute anything to it. I also wanted to be able to ask questions and meet new pilots.

Hello,

This is my first post. I have been lurking on this forum for about a year now. I got my private pilots license in August of 2017. I got into aviation as a hobby, something I have always wanted to do. I'm still a low time pilot (85ish) hours. I am based out of Davis California at University Airport (KEDU). Career wise, I'm a full-time firefighter engineer with a local fire department. I have a lot to learn still and I hope to meet some new friends here.

Welcome to the joint. You may end up buyin an airplane and commuting to work. My son is a Fire Fighter/Paramadic, got Engineer a few months ago. He's worked with a few pilots with planes who live 'states' away and commute in their planes. Lotsa swappin shifts and livin at the 'house' 4- 5 days at a time and at 'home' the rest of the time.

Welcome to the joint. You may end up buyin an airplane and commuting to work. My son is a Fire Fighter/Paramadic, got Engineer a few months ago. He's worked with a few pilots with planes who live 'states' away and commute in their planes. Lotsa swappin shifts and livin at the 'house' 4- 5 days at a time and at 'home' the rest of the time.
I have thought about that. With our schedule, I could move further away and fly to work-- weather permitting.

The ones I disagree with still have the courage of their convictions, and that is more than the regular citizen.

ummmm....regular citizen depends on which area you are in :)

and how close you get to the still.

upload_2018-2-11_0-15-44.jpeg

but never mind my Uncle... Welcome!

I have thought about that. With our schedule, I could move further away and fly to work-- weather permitting.

Yeah. You have to be at least within a brutal driving range or have scheduled commercial service as a backup

Congrats on the ticket.

LEO's???

Hi Jixsta

Sounds like a pretty big club 10 planes. I think we have 2 planes you can rent in Juneau, 1 for sure. Only part time instruction here. I bet you have a favorite plane out of the 10 available that you like to fly. Guess you have to deal with the marine cloud layers and fog if you are close to the coast. Busy airspace also. Juneau is pretty dead this time of the year. Out flying today and counted about 10 flights coming and going in an hours time. I think the ground controller was a little board today very chatty with me today, I know the guy, nice fellow.

Good luck on getting your own plane in the future. I bought a little Beechcraft trainer over 20 years ago and still own it. Flown it from the Gulf of Mexico to Alaska. Made several trips to the lower 48 over the years, lots of fun. Not cheap, but fun...:)

edit: folks here like pictures...:)

Welcome! One bit of advice: watch out for timwinters...he's an azzhole!

Hmm. Memory banks kickin in..Yeah, that was you. I was brand new here and made some wise crack in a discussion about temperature. "Hotter'n a 'oars' azz on payday." You said something like 'that's disgusting.' I fell for it, apologized and deleted the post. Only took a few more days on POA to realize I had benn had. Lol

Hi Jixsta

Sounds like a pretty big club 10 planes. I think we have 2 planes you can rent in Juneau, 1 for sure. Only part time instruction here. I bet you have a favorite plane out of the 10 available that you like to fly. Guess you have to deal with the marine cloud layers and fog if you are close to the coast. Busy airspace also. Juneau is pretty dead this time of the year. Out flying today and counted about 10 flights coming and going in an hours time. I think the ground controller was a little board today very chatty with me today, I know the guy, nice fellow.

Good luck on getting your own plane in the future. I bought a little Beechcraft trainer over 20 years ago and still own it. Flown it from the Gulf of Mexico to Alaska. Made several trips to the lower 48 over the years, lots of fun. Not cheap, but fun...:)

edit: folks here like pictures...:)

Yes it's a decent size club. Full time instruction, all most year-round. Yes I do have a favorite 152 and a favorite 172 that I like to fly.
Fog isn't too bad, the wind is more of a factor. In the afternoons the wind can get into the teens with gusts into the 20's.
Airspace is fairly busy, specially if you go south into the bay area.
A Beechcraft would be awesome. I have thought about buying a 150 or similar for time building and cheap flying. But, I have also considered buying a competent 4 seat retractable with partners.

FullSizeRender.jpg

Last edited:
The Sac Arrow alternates between the Bay and the Valley, and is very familiar with the People's Republic of Davis.

Welcome. We rented in Petaluma in the past. We love the area.

Back