Hi Jeremy, and welcome to PoA.

I bought my previous airplane, a '63 172 from an A&P IA who based it at Nut Tree, and it was/is a great airplane. I flew it from Oakland to Jacksonville, FL three times before selling it in 2006 after deciding to let my medical lapse and go the sport pilot route.

Hi Jeremy, and welcome to PoA.

I bought my previous airplane, a '63 172 from an A&P IA who based it at Nut Tree, and it was/is a great airplane. I flew it from Oakland to Jacksonville, FL three times before selling it in 2006 after deciding to let my medical lapse and go the sport pilot route.

Awesome, I would love to actually fly across the country sometime in my lifetime.
How do you like having a sport license? How do you like the Zenith?

Awesome, I would love to actually fly across the country sometime in my lifetime.
How do you like having a sport license? How do you like the Zenith?
I love the Zenith Zodiac; it does everything I want, including 115 knots cruise on 5 1/2 gph. Although I flew LSAs exercising privileges of a sport pilot using my drivers license in lieu of a third class medical for ten years, I've been a private pilot for 54 years and now that I have BasicMed I can fly bigger airplanes and can fly at night.

This was last Sunday in Los Angeles (Pomona) visiting my niece and her family. The kid is my 3 year-old great nephew who loves airplanes.

Brackett%20Field%2011Feb2018%20crsm%205_zpsv2faqymn.jpg

Last edited:
I love the Zenith Zodiac; it does everything I want, including 115 knots cruise on 5 1/2 gph. Although I flew LSAs exercising privileges of a sport pilot using my drivers license in lieu of a third class medical for ten years, I've been a private pilot for 54 years and now that I have BasicMed I can fly bigger airplanes and can fly at night.

This was last Sunday in Los Angeles (Pomona) visiting my niece and her family. The kid is my 3 year-old great nep

This was last Sunday in Los Angeles (Pomona) visiting my niece and her family. The kid is my 3 year-old great nephew who loves airplanes.

Awesome. That Zenith looks like fun.

Last edited:
Welcome fire dude...save any basements lately? (Sorry, where I come from us cops love to rip on the hose jockeys...mainly because were jealous of you guys being able to shop/cook/eat/have second jobs/workout/etc while at work).

I flew out of Nut Tree in a PA28-140. [You know the dangerous, under powered, hershey bar contraptions]

At the time I lived in Benicia. Good times!

Welcome!
I went to school in Davis. Didn’t start flying until after I moved away. Flew to KEDU about a year ago to visit. Getting a rental car to KEDU is hard.

Now based in Northeastern CA.

Hello,

This is my first post. I have been lurking on this forum for about a year now. I got my private pilots license in August of 2017. I got into aviation as a hobby, something I have always wanted to do. I'm still a low time pilot (85ish) hours. I am based out of Davis California at University Airport (KEDU). Career wise, I'm a full-time firefighter engineer with a local fire department. I have a lot to learn still and I hope to meet some new friends here.
WELCOME!!!!

Welcome fire dude...save any basements lately? (Sorry, where I come from us cops love to rip on the hose jockeys...mainly because were jealous of you guys being able to shop/cook/eat/have second jobs/workout/etc while at work).

Lol thanks. Not many basements where I am, we might have saved a cat from a tree though

Back