New member - 35 hour student and 172 bounce-master.

FancyG

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
FancyG
Hi y’all. Hugh from (CSRA) GA.

Lurked a while, the Raptor thread sold me on POA. Bless his heart.

Getting ppl @ KMYR, hope to do written before end of year and checkride in Jan ‘21. Then onto tailwheel transition.

Lusted after a C-195, Aerostar, Cirrus 22/Bo/Cherokee 6-300 but after an honest analysis of our mission, decided on fast-building a Superstol XL. 915 Rotax/cs prop, long range tanks, SkyView with G175 and autopilot.

No professional pilot aspirations, might get a CFI later as I enjoy training. Looking forward to becoming a part of the POA community- cheers!

Welcome. "Bounce Master"? You have some stiff competition here. :)

You want to quit bouncing landings? Get a Hershey bar wing Piper Arrow. When the club had one I NEVER bounced a landing in it. Once the mains touched down it was finished flying. Now, the 172 and 182? I can bounce a landing in those with the best of them. :D

You want to quit bouncing landings? Get a Hershey bar wing Piper Arrow. When the club had one I NEVER bounced a landing in it. Once the mains touched down it was finished flying. Now, the 172 and 182? I can bounce a landing in those with the best of them. :D
Yeah. They don’t bounce because the airplane saves up it’s angst and sheds the wings one day.

Bounce Master? How about speed master? You can’t bounce if you have no energy.

And how did you get my videos. I don’t post them for a reason.

Get a Hershey bar wing Piper Arrow.......Once the mains touched down it was finished flying

This is a very true statement. Truest thing you will read on the internet today.

Getting ppl @ KMYR, hope to do written before end of year and checkride in Jan ‘21. Then onto tailwheel transition.

Lusted after a C-195, Aerostar, Cirrus 22/Bo/Cherokee 6-300 but after an honest analysis of our mission, decided on fast-building a Superstol XL. 915 Rotax/cs prop, long range tanks, SkyView with G175 and autopilot.

No professional pilot aspirations, might get a CFI later as I enjoy training. Looking forward to becoming a part of the POA community- cheers!

Ummmmmm you are aware the the Cessna 172 has a land-oh-matic. Ask your CFI about it....:p

Just kidding.... welcome aboard.

An Aerostar and a Superstol on the same list is mission conflict. No wonder you bounce.

An Aerostar and a Superstol on the same list is mission conflict. No wonder you bounce.
Yeah, everyone that appreciates both fast planes and bush planes bounces their landings. Not.

Welcome to POA

Bounce Master? How about speed master? You can’t bounce if you have no energy.

And how did you get my videos. I don’t post them for a reason.
Yeah I agree, but the fs wants you >70mph over the #s. A lot of energy left at that speed.

I've never bounced a landing.

(when flying the proper airspeed and descent rate)

Last edited:
Between Bounced and Plocked landings at the moment . More importantly the 172 survives to land another day.
Now that I have Bounced, Plocked soloed , I am getting the landing speed down to in between the Bounce and Plock.
Although my recently deceased wife may like to see splat ! , so I can joint her. ;)

Between Bounced and Plocked landings at the moment . More importantly the 172 survives to land another day.
Now that I have Bounced, Plocked soloed , I am getting the landing speed down to in between the Bounce and Plock.
Although my recently deceased wife may like to see splat ! , so I can joint her. ;)
Sorry for your loss.

Back