New guy Here

LowanSlow

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Midmoflyer
Hey all, Long time lurker here and not sure were to post this but im new. I am a low time Private Pilot ( passed check ride in April) but im still learning on every flight, and hopefully I wont stop learning either. Im also a starting A&P courses at a state college and have been working with a local A&P IA. Also planning to start my IFR training this fall if it all works out. Hope to learn a bit from you guys and gals other than the ends and outs of coleslaw too.:lol: Thanks

Welcome. I'm new myself... Just started working on my PPL.

I do however know a lot about Cole Slaw...

You have come to the right place!

Bob Gardner

Welcome. Just be advised that for every question that gets asked on here that there will be diametrically opposed viewpoints on the correct answer. Take each with a grain of salt and seek out the best answer from a recognized authority that you trust.

Welcome to PoA!

Also, please be advised that it's open season on sandals, coleslaw, and gear up landings.

Cheers!

:cheers:

Welcome,you can garner some good info from the posts,and have fun at the same time.

I'd leave while you still can..

Don't post anything controversial...management may reveal your real identity. (and never...ever...ever....ever....ever even say 'sorry' for doing it) Oh, and good luck knowing who management is. Some random 'user' may harass you to the point that you block them only to find out they're management and that you can't block them.

Good luck...

Last edited:
I'd leave while you still can..

Don't post anything controversial...management may reveal your real identity. (and never...ever...ever....ever....ever even say 'sorry' for doing it) Oh, and good luck knowing who management is. Some random 'user' may harass you to the point that you block them only to find out they're management and that you can't block them.

Good luck...

I swear I can hear a violin playing softly when I read this.

I'm a relatively new to flying (Sport Pilot, 2-yrs, 200+ hrs) and this forum. lots of helpful folks and good information here. Welcome!

Welcome to POA Gavin. Lots of good folks from POA out in MO. Where abouts are you based.?

Thanks for the welcome everyone. Not to worried about being run off, ive got thick skin. And AdamZ im based out of KVIH bit will be flying out of KJEF alot for college now. Atain thanks for the welcome and hope to have a few good question for you all

Welcome Gavin....

Welcome to PoA, Gavin.
Great site, lots of friendly people (I didn't say "all" :) ), lots of good information, advice and experience floating around.
As others pointed out, if you ask a question, be prepared to sift through the answers carefully. :)

Btw, I too got my license in April, what a coincidence!
Well, not "this" April. :lol:

Glad you're working on your A&P, that will give you more insight into aircraft systems and make you a better pilot. Instrument lessons will be a lot of fun, believe me.

And I see you're comfortable flying in sandals and a with bowl of coleslaw, great! :thumbsup:

Back