"New" Flight Sim

Video looks embedded and pops up for me with no issues. Anyone else have see a problem?

If you have a 5400 RPM HDD, the latency between reads could make your frame rates choppy. When I had a HDD for my main drive, every once in a while, my screen would hiccup. I very rarely see hiccups with my SSD.

I didn't even know they made HDDs that slow.

In my world, 7,200 RPM disks are considered too slow for production data, and for archival use only.

I have four hard drives. SSD for xPlane. Hybrid for my C drive and two regular ol’ platter drives for back up.

I realllly hope they incorporate missions like FSFX did. Call me weird or whatever but I enjoyed most of those.

I was just thinking this morning that I would not be surprised if MS also designs new controls to purchase as well. Certainly they are looking at a complete package for their new program.

I was just thinking this morning that I would not be surprised if MS also designs new controls to purchase as well. Certainly they are looking at a complete package for their new program.

Eh, Microsoft is a software company. They may license the Microsoft name on something, but they would be stupid to try and enter the flight controls market. Honeycomb Aeronautical has some great stuff around the $200 range that beats out anything Microsoft would likely do at that price point.

Dosen't MS make the Surface Pro ?

Doesn't MS make the Surface Pro ?

Well technically Pegatron does, but Microsoft markets it as their own. The Surface/Surface Pro is a little different situation, since there weren't many existing tablet/laptop models out there with the specs and form factor to run Windows 8/10 at the time. I understand the sentiment though. The flight controls market has several players in it, and I doubt Microsoft is going to be able to build something that does it differently or better than current options. Especially at a sensitive price point. They'll let Honeycomb/Logitech/Saitek handle the consumer-grade models, and let the high-end players buy PFC, YOKO, Iris, etc.

Unless they are also trying to package this as a certified simulator. Then it makes sense to create a "complete" system. Honestly, if the final product looks and acts as good as the alpha videos do how could this not be a part of a certified system.

Unless they are also trying to package this as a certified simulator. Then it makes sense to create a "complete" system. Honestly, if the final product looks and acts as good as the alpha videos do how could this not be a part of a certified system.
Are you suggesting that Microsoft is trying to enter the flight training market to be like Flight Safety? I suppose they could create a unit like Redbird, but I just don't know that there's a ton of money to be made there.

Definitely not their gig. They might license the software for it or something along that line, but I can't see them getting into that market at all. There's no reason to.

They claim in all other sims they use one data point for airflow over the wings. Here they use eleven I think it was.
:) They mean that all other versions of Microsoft Flight Simulator used single-point coefficients—that's why their flight models were so awful. FlightGear and X-Plane have had multi-point flight models available for at least a decade and a half, and it's good that MS is finally joining the club.

Eh, Microsoft is a software company. They may license the Microsoft name on something, but they would be stupid to try and enter the flight controls market. Honeycomb Aeronautical has some great stuff around the $200 range that beats out anything Microsoft would likely do at that price point.

Wouldn't be the first time!

BTL3G22hcSg99yPjNoxrSY7PsAS4FJPwZ9KKTIugPEA.jpg

Back