New FAASTeam Representative

Ryan F.

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Ryan Ferguson 1974
Hello all,

I'm pleased to mention that I'm FSDO-05 (Teterboro's) newest FAASTeam Representative. I participated in the program as a rep in Orlando from '09 to '11 and due to my hectic work schedule, I simply had to step away. Now I'm glad to be back in the busy northeast region. I'm hoping to take a pretty active role up here. It's a good group of people all the way up to the Program Manager himself, and I can tell you without any hesitation based on first-hand observations that there's very little interest in violating pilots unnecessarily - outreach and education are replacing that mentality.

Please feel free to reach out to me with any questions or concerns, particularly those in TEB's region. I would also appreciate any suggestions for seminars. I am mulling over some options on presentation topics and suggestions on what's currently important to the community could be helpful.

Thanks,

congrats. the charlotte squad has had a couple that I found very interesting. 1) charlotte controllers gave a presentation a while ago, and there is another one coming up soon that I'll attend again. it was a great open discussion and VFR schleps like me could look them in the eye and ask if we bother them when asking for flight following. they all had excellent poker faces when responding. 2) the local FBI office sent some representatives and we had another great discussion about general security related topics and of course since there was one dude (originally from jersey) and one chick, I immediately addressed them as Mulder and Scully, which I'm SURE they never heard before. both were helpful seminars that brought local pilots out to yap about aviation.

I attended the New England Aviation Safety Expo on Saturday. It was very interesting and informative. You FAASTeam guys do great work.

I attended the CFI Professional Development Seminar put on by Don Argintar and was highly impressed. Looking forward to being a part of it.

I'm a huge believer in the FAASTeam & Wings programs. I've learned a lot and had a lot reinforced by the program. It amazes me how few pilots seem to take advantage of it.

Back