New cat story - for cat lovers

44d7c5a838530b123c7ea5ac20b308bb--man-love-love-him.jpg
Loving cats is a sign of great intelligence.

That's a sign of a very special person.
My wife is a veterinarian, so we have shared our house with many cats.

Three of our cats died of cancer. These particular cats never really cared too much for me most of their lives, but they did tolerate me. But in each case, as they became older and sicker (with cancer), they began to become very affectionate towards me. They followed me around, they came running when I called their name, they would jump up on my lap when I sat down and the would nuzzle up to me when I went to bed.

When the 3rd cat start acting that way, I asked my wife to take him in and check him out. She laughed at me because those are not recognized symptoms of any type of cancer. But it was yearly annual time, so she did an especially close exam, with ultra-sound, x-rays, and comprehensive lab tests. Turned out he had early stage bladder cancer. Chemo therapy prolonged his life for another year, but it eventually took him too.

Two cat poems

We have a kitty condo high rise
Ready for us to climb on
We would use it for exercise
Except a bed is easier to sleep on.

I'm clueless about catenary curves,
I never had to conjugate verbs,
I'm oblivious to arithmetic progressions
I have all the answers because I don't ask the questions.

My wife & I are empty nesters. When we met 10 years ago my wife had a one year old cat. The cat has many bad habits from having the run of the place & we both desired a second cat.

A few weeks ago we were in Petsmart getting something for her old cat & they had kittens from the local humane society for sale. After looking at them we decided we'd rather rescue a cat. My wife made the comment that a needy cat would come our way eventually.

Last Thursday after work, I was the last one out of our building. When I went out to climb into my company issued Explorer I heard a "meow" from underneath my car. It was a cold, rainy evening. I looked & saw the silhouette of a small cat. When I called the typical "kitty kitty" out came a little grey tabby cat. It was very cold & snuggled right in. I put the cat in my car turned the heater on & called my wife. Of course she recommended me bringing the critter home.

The cat didn't mind the car at all. I stopped at a mini-mart & bought a small can of tuna fish. She was very hungry. After she had most of the the tuna fish she climbed around the car & got on the floor under my feet & went asleep.

We've had her a week now & my wife took her to the vet yesterday for a check-up & to schedule surgery for sterilization. The vet gave her a couple of shots & gave her a clean bill of health.

She has turned out be be a wonderful 7 month old cat. Cat box trained, mild-mannered, & very quiet. Bringing her into our house has been so easy. Even our old cat tolerates her.

Yup, the cat found us.
View attachment 57854

Awww what a sweet story. She looks very much like my sister's cat! My sister didn't want this cat but her teenage daughter brought it home as a tiny kitten. Somebody was trying to get rid of a litter. The kid brought it home and my sister said NO! The kid said "Pleeeeeeeeeeeeezzzze!??!!" and my sister said "NO!" And my niece said "Oh Plleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeassse!!!" and my sister said "HELL NO!" She didn't want any more things to take care of. (Having dumped a no good husband and then a no good boyfriend and then her old sick dog finally died and now the kid was close to leaving the nest my sister wanted to finally be free.)

My niece swore she would take care of it, swore her mom wouldn't have to do a thing, and swore when she moved out she'd take the cat with her. My sister knew how those promises always go, and would have none of it. For two full weeks she ordered the kid to take the kitten back and the kid stalled and whined and begged and pleaded and stalled some more and managed to hang on to the cat just long enough for my sister to fall hopelessly in love with it. So my sister caved. "Look what you did, you made me fall in love with the damn cat! Now I'm going to have to cry and grieve when it dies. I didn't want to have to do that again; the dog was bad enough."

Now the cat is her baby. She adores it, but never changed its name, to this day its official name is "Damn Cat". Naturally the kid didn't take it when she moved out and my sister wouldn't have let it go anyway. She dragged that thing halfway across the country when she moved in with Mom. Mom loves it now too. It really is a very sweet kitty.cat.jpg

Last edited:
My wife is a veterinarian, so we have shared our house with many cats.

Three of our cats died of cancer. These particular cats never really cared too much for me most of their lives, but they did tolerate me. But in each case, as they became older and sicker (with cancer), they began to become very affectionate towards me. They followed me around, they came running when I called their name, they would jump up on my lap when I sat down and the would nuzzle up to me when I went to bed.

When the 3rd cat start acting that way, I asked my wife to take him in and check him out. She laughed at me because those are not recognized symptoms of any type of cancer. But it was yearly annual time, so she did an especially close exam, with ultra-sound, x-rays, and comprehensive lab tests. Turned out he had early stage bladder cancer. Chemo therapy prolonged his life for another year, but it eventually took him too.

I think we are at the same point with my wife's cat. Same thing it did not like me but now it is sleeping with me. The Vet has not sounded good when we have taken her in. She eats but is loosing weight. Now all she does lay in 2 places. Sad.

Back