Need a plan

Paveslave53

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Paveslave53
So I sold my 182 and bought a Seneca II. I have a GTN 750 that’s just siting in my tool box. Is it worth just getting two KI275s and installing them with the 750 0r…. Should I do something else? The Dynon kit has caught my eye Because its 45k with an auto pilot and EIS. I wanted to do a G3X but its not certified fort a twin. But a field approval wouldn’t be that hard I did it for my 182 sky sensor. I don’t want to put a ton more into the avionics since I already own the 750.

So I sold my 182 and bought a Seneca II. I have a GTN 750 that’s just siting in my tool box. Is it worth just getting two KI275s and installing them with the 750 0r…. Should I do something else? The Dynon kit has caught my eye Because its 45k with an auto pilot and EIS. I wanted to do a G3X but its not certified fort a twin. But a field approval wouldn’t be that hard I did it for my 182 sky sensor. I don’t want to put a ton more into the avionics since I already own the 750.
What's the panel look like right now? Can you post a pic?

Yup

Attachments

• 6E274041-074C-4BFD-85C0-A7CD21140D88.jpeg
    6E274041-074C-4BFD-85C0-A7CD21140D88.jpeg
    272.3 KB · Views: 89
It's too bad the GFC500 isn't PA34 certified. That, the 750 and 2 G5s would be awesome. I'm biased though - that's what my PA32 now has.

You wiring the 750 yourself?

I’d get an sl30 or tk56a below the 750…and two G5’s are fine. I just installed the same setup in my seneca

Paging @Jesse Saint.

I know the shortcomings of the Dynon ap vs Garmin... But I don't think it's that much of a shortcoming. Especially if the Garmin ap isn't certified for the Seneca.

Take the 750 to drive the Dynon AP and install a 10" hdx for engine monitoring.

Last edited:
You wiring the 750 yourself?

I’d get an sl30 or tk56a below the 750…and two G5’s are fine. I just installed the same setup in my seneca
Yea I will I’m pretty good at
Avionics, I may get a approach fast stack to speed it up. I might get 2 275s so I can run my century three auto pilot and just move my 430 down under the 750 and get a remote audio panel and transponder and run everything through the 750.

Avionics, I may get a approach fast stack to speed it up. I might get 2 275s so I can run my century three auto pilot and just move my 430 down under the 750 and get a remote audio panel and transponder and run everything through the 750.
I wouldn't get a Fast Stack if you go that route (and BTW, that's a good route). The GI275's and GTN will want to talk HSDB between the 3 of them, which the Fast Stack can't handle. Plus, except for the Century III and the GI106 just about everything else will be digital so you'll only have 1-2 wires in each direction between any given pair of devices. Perhaps you can swap the GI106 for another GI275 and make that connection digital as well.

I wouldn't get a Fast Stack if you go that route (and BTW, that's a good route). The GI275's and GTN will want to talk HSDB between the 3 of them, which the Fast Stack can't handle. Plus, except for the Century III and the GI106 just about everything else will be digital so you'll only have 1-2 wires in each direction between any given pair of devices. Perhaps you can swap the GI106 for another GI275 and make that connection digital as well.

I think I would just run both the 750 and the 430 though thE HSI and take out the 106A that’s what I did in my 182 GPS1 and 2 both fed to my G5. Unless anyone else has a better idea than 2 275s ? I also got new CIES fuel senders and a digital guage for some accuracy, no matter how many times you try to calibrate these old systems it’s almost impossible to know how much fuel you have exactly. Same issue with the B58 I fly

Ok folks,

I like to think I know about such things, but I'm clueless what you all are talking about when you mention a "Fast Stack"?

It’s a company out of park rapids Mn KPKD that builds you a “hub” and all the wiring you need to plug and play anything you put together. Basically so easy a pilot can do it with an A&Ps help. It really is easy my friend is a retired pilot and he just did is upgrade by himself.

It’s a company out of park rapids Mn KPKD that builds you a “hub” and all the wiring you need to plug and play anything you put together. Basically so easy a pilot can do it with an A&Ps help. It really is easy my friend is a retired pilot and he just did is upgrade by himself.

I don't really get the concept, it doesn't seem to really make anything easier. Unless you are buying pre-terminated connectors/harness assembly.

Designing, labeling, stripping, and terminating an entire radio harness is more time consuming than difficult.

I don't really get the concept, it doesn't seem to really make anything easier. Unless you are buying pre-terminated connectors/harness assembly.
The company (Approach Fast Stack) that makes the hub also sells pre-terminated connector/harness assemblies. Presumably, you wouldn't buy one without the other.

Have you spent much time flying with a G5 or 275? The 275 looks really cool, I admittedly love it's aesthetics especially how it fits right into the round holes however it is way too much information on a tiny little screen and the touch screen only makes it worse

I far prefer the G5...

Have you spent much time flying with a G5 or 275? The 275 looks really cool, I admittedly love it's aesthetics especially how it fits right into the round holes however it is way too much information on a tiny little screen and the touch screen only makes it worse

I far prefer the G5...
I have about 300 hours behind G5s I like them a lot but if I do 275s I don’t have to mod my panel and it will work with my century 3

Back