Need a mechanic for a pre-buy inspection C150

Julian van Dam

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Juvandam
Looking for someone to do an independent pre-buy inspection/annual for a C150 near Sioux city, IA.
I'm also interested in a plane located in Onsted, MI.
Anyone recommended?

Can’t help you with Iowa but for Onsted use: Ben Kooi, A&P IA, of Midwest Sky Sports. 989-672-1388. He’s good / did the prebuy for my plane. He even flew from Michigan thumb to Fort Wayne to do it and he didn’t even want to charge me for the travel (I had to force him to take extra).

Can’t help you with Iowa but for Onsted use: Ben Kooi, A&P IA, of Midwest Sky Sports. 989-672-1388. He’s good / did the prebuy for my plane. He even flew from Michigan thumb to Fort Wayne to do it and he didn’t even want to charge me for the travel (I had to force him to take extra).
Thank you!! Exactly what I needed! I already contacted them.
I hope I'll find also someone near Sioux...

Rock the wings, make sure no flat tires, engine start...... Prebuy done.

But honestly, if you are going to do a prebuy, spend the extra $200 and make it an annual as well. The 150/152 annual is about as basic as it gets for an MX shop. panels are open, might as well finish the job.

Those are kind of far apart for a 150. One shouldn't need to go that far afield to get such a common aircraft, especially since you aren't going to be able to fly it home at anything approaching blistering speeds...

Those are kind of far apart for a 150. One shouldn't need to go that far afield to get such a common aircraft, especially since you aren't going to be able to fly it home at anything approaching blistering speeds...
Maybe he lives in the middle? Now if he doesn't, then I agree.

I don't know anyone in Sioux City but my AP is in Fort Dodge, Iowa, 100 miles east. His name is Eric Amundson (515-955-3434). Good guy to work with and I know he's gone farther for pre-buys.

I don't know anyone in Sioux City but my AP is in Fort Dodge, Iowa, 100 miles east. His name is Eric Amundson (515-955-3434). Good guy to work with and I know he's gone farther for pre-buys.
Thank you!! I will contact him tomorrow! ... Does he know you as Lancie?

I know...but I live very far away. Do you know somebody selling a C150 in good shape?

I know...but I live very far away. Do you know somebody selling a C150 in good shape?
You have my most profoundest apologies. You are of course correct, you are roughly equidistant from Iowa and Michigan. Once procured, I suspect getting such n airplane back to Argentina to be either a daunting task or an expensive one.

Back