Nashville trip

charheep

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
charheep
I am doing my semi-regular trip to the middle of Ark to visit my dad. I usually fly in and then head someplace new. This time I am thinking of heading into Nashville. I am not a bar person (crowds), so any info besides that is appreciated.

I havent booked any hotel or looked at which airports to use. Really just figuring out dates and times right now.

Any locals want to lead me in a good direction? I will need fuel, and it will probably be a overnight stay only. Land around 3pm and take off after breakfast.

I am not 100% sold on Nashville, but kinda thinking that general area.

-John

A number of threads about Nashville on this site. fun town, many bars, plenty of good music. beware of the 2000 or so agl towers by kjwn. Look up the opryland hotel and union station hotel. check your dates to see if any big events coincide with your plans to avoid significant crowds.

Lots of options in the area--just depends on what you like.
  • Plenty of honkytonks (crowds, too)
  • Lots of local breweries with good stuff, if you like beer
  • A good amount of civil war era historical sites to tour
  • Real Nashville hot chicken, if you're into that
  • Tons of good eateries of various kinds
KJWN (John Tune) is probably the most convenient for downtown access and points close by. The gas ain't cheap and what @FORANE said about the towers. Right pattern for Rwy 20. Edited to add: On downwind on the NW side of JWN, don't be freaked out when you hear hellfire and damnation sermons over CTAF. I think it emanates from the prisons below.

Also, if you're flying from central Arkansas (I have family there, too) toward Nashville there's usually some really cheap fuel north of Memphis and in the MO bootheel.

Back