[NA]Why bother?[NA]

3393RP

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
3393RP
The header for the Hanger Talk forum says:

"Open forum for discussion of any topic you like, aviation related or otherwise."

This is the catchall forum. I already know the topics will usually not be about aviation. Why do some posters feel compelled to add the brackets and "NA" on their thread titles?

Is this some sort of PIOCD?*

*Pilot Induced Obsessive Compulsive Disorder

Last edited:
Dunno but this is the first time I can say I’m both literally and figuratively munching on popcorn after seeing this thread start up. :)

3ebb268910e5da5c94b420623bdf7c31.jpg

Dunno but this is the first time I can say I’m both literally and figuratively munching on popcorn after seeing this thread start up. :)

3ebb268910e5da5c94b420623bdf7c31.jpg
Pre-packaged microwave baggie? Or is that your own concoction?

The header for the Hanger Talk forum says:

"Open forum for discussion of any topic you like, aviation related or otherwise."

This is the catchall forum. I already know the topics will usually not be about aviation. Why do posters feel compelled to add the brackets and "NA" on their thread titles?

Is this some sort of PIOCD?*

*Pilot Induced Obsessive Compulsive Disorder

And yet even in the N/A people get bent out of shape

Perhaps the larger question is why is the rest of the populous so easily "triggered" and offend / unwilling to debate different lines of thought?

And yet even in the N/A people get bent out of shape

Perhaps the larger question is why is the rest of the populous so easily "triggered" and offend / unwilling to debate different lines of thought?

I'm offended by this accusation. ;)

Why do some posters feel compelled to add the brackets and "NA" on their thread titles?

Its a reponse to complaints from a loong time ago when some did not like to stumble across completely non-aviation topics (Hangar talk does have a lot of aviation content).
So, as a courtesy many will add the NA ib the subject line.
Apparently (like many things in life) when you help some, you harm others.

PIOCD,that’s as good a reason as any.

Oh snap, I thought NA stood for normally aspirated and it was an engine thread. No wonder I’ve been so confused.

I eat popcorn for dinner one night each week, usually Thursday. Love me some popcorn. I use my own spice/salt mix to put on it.

Oh snap, I thought NA stood for normally aspirated and it was an engine thread. No wonder I’ve been so confused.
That’s not why you’re confused....

I would speculate that starting a thread such as this is more indicative of PIOCD than using N/A is.

Back