[NA] Who's enjoying this "arctic blast"?

Still too cold out. Coping as best I can.

20240121_170544.jpg

it's so cold I had the pig all to myself today. well, I was the only plane.

A lot of it depends on what you are used to. Earlier this month we spent over a week in Egypt. The locals were wearing coats and sweatshirts. We were wearing shorts and short sleeve shirts.

yup - one February we (from the Boston area) were visiting a contactor in La Jolla. Driving by one of the local colleges, we saw students bundled up in down coat and mittens. We were just wearing our regular business suits.

I'm at a client function in downtown Philly this week. 25ish outside. I brought my warmest cali gear (jeans, hoodie, even a long sleeved shirt) and it's very insufficient to walk the streets here. My effective range is about 5 city blocks before I need to flee to shelter and thaw out and post b1tchy screed on social media. :D

How do people deal with being near-sweaty inside their clothing while simultaneously frozen and chapped in their extremities?

I bought an espresso drink from Konditori across the street from my hotel, and it was lukewarm by the time I took the first sip in my room.

There was a dude rough sleeping on the sidewalk last night. I can't even imagine how much alcohol that takes to make work. Eek.

I bought an espresso drink from Konditori across the street from my hotel, and it was lukewarm by the time I took the first sip in my room.
When I lived in Cleveland it would get quite cold. I took a cup of coffee outside one morning on my way to my vehicle and when I got in the car it was warm ice ...

When I lived in Cleveland it would get quite cold. I took a cup of coffee outside one morning on my way to my vehicle and when I got in the car it was warm ice ...
More than once in Alaska I had bottled water freeze while in my parka...

Back