[NA]IRS causes serious difficulty[NA]

Let'sgoflying!

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Taylor
Have a look at this, wouldja?
I was all ready to send my 9-digit payment in and I stumble upon this.
Sheesh!
Such a small-time operation that they won't accept it! Seriously crimping my style. I guess I will have to write several checks to accommodate their ineptitude.

pitiful.jpg

Deliver it in cash. That’ll freak them right the hell out. Haha.

They’ll know you’re coming, DHS will have all sorts of warning from your bank when you make the withdrawal.

I do have to wonder what you would have to be making in order for this to be a problem.
This was from form 4868, the extension request, where you have probably paid your first 3 quarters ES taxes and this is the balance ie a small part of your annual obligation.
Let's say you wanted to pay $400K. So maybe your annual tax bill was 4x that or 1.6mil. In the higher tax brackets, does that mean you made, I dunno, only 4mil?

I do have to wonder what you would have to be making in order for this to be a problem.
This was from form 4868, the extension request, where you have probably paid your first 3 quarters ES taxes and this is the balance ie a small part of your annual obligation.
Let's say you wanted to pay $400K. So maybe your annual tax bill was 4x that or 1.6mil. In the higher tax brackets, does that mean you made, I dunno, only 4mil?
Wait. You could pay $400k by check. The restriction is on checks more than $100 million. Or am I reading that wrong. According to your calculation of paying the first three quarters of ES, your annual tax bill is around $400 million. That means you made around $1 billion?

I think if this were a problem the people who read things for you would talk to the people who do your taxes for you. Then they'd have a meeting with the people who fix things for you, then after a phone call to the senator and a briefcase full of cash the problem goes away.

Have a look at this, wouldja?
I was all ready to send my 9-digit payment in and I stumble upon this.
Sheesh!
Such a small-time operation that they won't accept it! Seriously crimping my style. I guess I will have to write several checks to accommodate their ineptitude.

View attachment 61829
Nah, mess with them, send one check, registered mail! Goofing aside, we ran this backwards when I was a vet in college - the effing VA was as incompetent in the 70s as they are now, and it was 50-50 if you'd get your monthly check, which made it tough to stay in school. So we'd run the checks, which were printed on punch cards, through a key punch machine, throwing in random punches, then use a magnetic tape degausser to gack the MICR encoding.

One guy with family money shredded his check, multiple months in a row, then raised heck about not being paid. I had some eligibility left, a few months, when I went back for grad school - college VA rep called me, to explain what paperwork I "had" to do - it was oddly satisfying to just hang up. I didn't open the letters, and gave the registrar's office hot hell for giving out my phone number.

Heck, I am paying that bill on my AMX card for the points!

...Hello, AMX?...what ya got above the Centurion Card?

Dang Mari, you're right I messed up the K's, M's and the decimals!
Obviously not enough experience with that kind of dough.
Maybe someone should loan me a few hundred mil to get some practice!

In the instructions just above, it says to pay by check or money order. Then, a few lines later, it gets to complaining about big checks, but those complaints are only about checks. So, it seems that if you owe more than $100 million, the IRS prefers that you pay by money order.

Looks like I’ll just have to do it that way. The only remaining question — where should I buy the $100 million money order? Walmart or CVS?

Nah, mess with them, send one check, registered mail! Goofing aside, we ran this backwards when I was a vet in college - the effing VA was as incompetent in the 70s as they are now, and it was 50-50 if you'd get your monthly check, which made it tough to stay in school. So we'd run the checks, which were printed on punch cards, through a key punch machine, throwing in random punches, then use a magnetic tape degausser to gack the MICR encoding.

Back when I was in college (a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away) my Shell Oil credit card bills would be printed on a punch card with no interpretation of the holes. So, one month I ran the bill through an interpreter in the computer center before enclosing it with my check. I don't know if it was coincidence or not, but I never received another bill on a punch card. Maybe they figured that if I could interpret it, I could change it.

All U.S. pennies (1-cent pieces) minted since 1982 weigh either 2.5 grams (0.088 ounces) or 3.11 grams (0.109). The 2.5 grams Lincoln Penny is composed of brass (95% copper, 5% zinc), while the 3.11 grams Union Shield is composed of copper-plated zinc (97.5% zinc, 2.5% copper).

So how much would it weigh?

All U.S. pennies (1-cent pieces) minted since 1982 weigh either 2.5 grams (0.088 ounces) or 3.11 grams (0.109). The 2.5 grams Lincoln Penny is composed of brass (95% copper, 5% zinc), while the 3.11 grams Union Shield is composed of copper-plated zinc (97.5% zinc, 2.5% copper).

So how much would it weigh?

About as much as it does.

(Is this the 'Ask Anymouse Anything' thread??)

By the way, didn't the Titanic sink on April 15?

Back