[NA]Gamestock[NA]

Robbin Hood has allowed a 17 year old guy to make investment commitments that went a million dollars into the red, and committed suicide. Robin Hood lost big on that one, and they are trying to avoid a bigger calamity. That was about a year ago, so old news, not interesting to today's whiz kids with money to gamble with in their IRA's.

To repeat, how many here have bought GME since the stop went off? And how for up are you on the investment?

Why did RH lose on the suicidal gambler? (Honestly don't know but I'm assuming they got paid up front on his trade. Of course as I mentioned if they're really making money on flow and they allowed that to happen, they're bigger morons than I thought -- and after seeing their CEO on CNBC, I pretty much figured they're at least full blown idiots.)

Not sure why you're asking this group who bought? Only one person here did and he's detailed that it wasn't ever an investment just a trade. Honestly nearly none of the longs ever considered it an investment. GME is a garbage company walking, nobody wants a retail outlet for broken "fully refurbished like new" game consoles -- we all have eBay for that. LOL.

GME was nothing but a short squeeze. The company isn't worth the paper their stock is printed on, long term. Retail without some niche service is dead dead dead.

Robbin Hood has allowed a 17 year old guy to make investment commitments that went a million dollars into the red, and committed suicide.
I generally agree with most of your post.. and detest Robinhood as well as what my generation has embodied, for which I think Zuckerberg is largely to blame.. but if you're talking about this https://www.forbes.com/sites/sergei...ng-a-730000-negative-balance/?sh=7242bc3f1638 then there's a little more to that story. He was 20 and there's a little more with regards to the "million dollars into the red"

Not absolving RH, but there's slightly more to that story

I didn't trade GME before or after the debacle. I may have traded it in the past but don't remember. If I did it was well before this whole thing. I have a rule that I do not chase. I will probably never have a home run type trade because I look for base hits. Swinging for the fences will get you out of this game in a hurry. Not saying I haven't chased the home runs in the past cause I have. I think my best trade was about 4 months ago (just looked and I bought it October 23rd). I was holding DIS overnight and it popped big the next morning. Think I made about 150% on that one. I bought 2 contracts for 5.72 each ($1074) and sold for 13.70 each. I sold them November 9th. 1st sold for 12.25 and the 2nd for 15.15 ($2740 total). My goal was 20% but I got lucky on that one.

One of the guys I trade with (who happens to be a pilot) tried to make a trade the other morning and he got a message that his trade couldn't be accepted. He called his broker (don't know who he uses) and they told him they had 500,000 new accounts opened from robinhood transfers and they were having trouble keeping up

Well I bought GME calls today...lol. I usually avoid this type of play but I had a really good week and was up quite a bit and willing to lose most of what I paid for that call. I paid $670. Part of the reason I got in was because they had just alerted that most brokerages lifted all buying restrictions on it and it started taking off. I bought the call (just 1) and it got halted right after I got in. I had my sell order at $800 but after it opened back up the bid was like $1000 and ask was like $1500. Mine finally triggered at $1105 so I made about $430 on it in 7 minutes (64% win). That was the only trade in my bigger account today then I did a quick scalp on TSLA calls in my smaller account for 17.5% win in 3 minutes. TSLA was a strategic trade based off of chart conditions but I'll admit GME was just a momentum trade to get a small part of the run up. I think it went up to $1500 for that call but then it fell pretty hard after that. I bought the Feb 12 $200 calls

But his suicide was last June. It's probably only "news" now because of the new developments with Robinhood.

I think the “news” right now is that a lawsuit was filed.

Initial guess, public opinion being negative about the company, they figure they’ll get a fat settlement out of court from them to get the story out of the media.

E*Trade granted me options privileges without much screening, but on the other hand, I never did much with it. They also never sent me an erroneous notice that I was $750,000 in the hole!

E*Trade granted me options privileges without much screening, but on the other hand, I never did much with it. They also never sent me an erroneous notice that I was $750,000 in the hole!
Level 2 options is pretty easy to get. Level 3 and 4 I think are slightly harder. I used to trade futures with TD Ameritrade and the process for that approval was a pain. Not really a pain but had to fill out an application showing income and net worth. I currently only have level 2 on both of my accounts. Level 2 lets you trade simple calls and puts (buy to open, sell to close). If you want to sell to open, buy to close or trade spreads you need a higher level. Both of my accounts are cash (no margin) so I can only trade simple options. Planning to switch my one account soon so I can start trading spreads

...and here we go again. Apparently one of the WSB guys noticed that 1.4 million more GME shares were borrowed today (1 million of that sometime between 1pm and 2pm)

Yeah heard that ticker being tossed around quite a bit today in my trading community. I didn't do much today. Bought LYFT calls that expire in April. Still holding AAPL calls too. Have a few other smaller positions but not much tied up in those

Back