NA... Boomers ... NA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Investment professionals consider U.S. Treasury securities to be the safest investment there is. I'm not saying it's the best investment, of course.

Til the USD is no longer tied in with oil, then it may as well be in Zimbabwean treasury certs.

Til the USD is no longer tied in with oil, then it may as well be in Zimbabwean treasury certs.

Don't tell me, tell Wall Street. If you can convince them, then I'll go along with your story.

Retroactively compounded at current bank account rates. Hey you wanted the gov't to wipe your asses in lieu of wiping your own ass.

No, at whatever Treasury rates were in effect over the years. Those are a matter of record. Why should people be expected to retroactively forgo the prevailing interest rates that existed over the term of the loan?

No, at whatever Treasury rates were in effect over the years. Those are a matter of record. Why should people be expected to retroactively forgo the prevailing interest rates that existed over the term of the loan?

Consider it penance for expecting/forcing others to take care of them instead of looking out for themselves.

Extinction will come shortly after the end of the chart which will clear up the problem nicely.

IN geological terms, yes. In human relative terms no. You're talking out of your ass just like every person that's been claiming the end is nigh since 30 AD

If you're volunteering to forgo your share of the compound interest on what you have paid and are paying, that's very generous of you, but I don't think it's right to demand that others do so.

Investment professionals consider U.S. Treasury securities to be the safest investment there is. I'm not saying it's the best investment, of course.

But there's no money invested.

IN geological terms, yes. In human relative terms no. You're talking out of your ass just like every person that's been claiming the end is nigh since 30 AD

No, in human terms, 9 billion people and we're done if we're still stuck to this planet, especially if we haven't modified our resource usage scheme in the next 10 years.

Retroactively compounded at current bank account rates. Hey you wanted the gov't to wipe your asses in lieu of wiping your own ass.
Actually, that wouldn't be so bad (for the treasury). Current interest rates are near-zero.

Again...ass talking.

Again, a person whose view of the world is limited to the U.S.. The western populations are shrinking as the third world populations are growing. Next round of nukes that launch will be the end. We cannot keep ****ing the world over and expect not to be attacked.

Again, a person whose view of the world is limited to the U.S.. The western populations are shrinking as the third world populations are growing. Next round of nukes that launch will be the end. We cannot keep ****ing the world over and expect not to be attacked.

There won't be extinction. Severe reduction in population? Sure, more probable than possible. But not extinction.

There won't be extinction. Severe reduction in population? Sure, more probable than possible. But not extinction.

Extinction may be unavoidable. We have become too reliant on a system of technology that is unrecoverable after a substantial loss. Once the system goes down, we no longer have the ability to repair it, and with a large population loss we end up with a reboot to the Iron Age at best. What will return will be socially a different species, and we will have gone extinct. Since we will likely lose our technological evolutionary progress basically we will have been a waste of 10,000 years plus a few million years worth of developed resources. Wasting God's time is all we're good at.

Consider it penance for expecting/forcing others to take care of them instead of looking out for themselves.

Sounds like you believe in collective guilt.

Extinction may be unavoidable. We have become too reliant on a system of technology that is unrecoverable after a substantial loss. Once the system goes down, we no longer have the ability to repair it, and with a large population loss we end up with a reboot to the Iron Age at best. What will return will be socially a different species, and we will have gone extinct. Since we will likely lose our technological evolutionary progress basically we will have been a waste of 10,000 years plus a few million years worth of developed resources. Wasting God's time is all we're good at.

There's plenty of people out there that can live off the land. And quite a few of those people can repair what's left. 25 years tops and radio signals are up and running again.

...I mean my wife and I just love throwing nearly $30K per year at SS recipients. We could retire YEARS earlier if we didn't have that burden.

Sorry to interrupt the boomer-bashing, but based on what you're paying into Social Security, it's a safe bet that if Ronald Reagan hadn't been elected, you would be paying HUGELY more taxes, and boomers, the oldest of whom were about 35 when he ran for president, appear to have voted for him in substantial numbers. You're welcome.

There's plenty of people out there that can live off the land. And quite a few of those people can repair what's left. 25 years tops and radio signals are up and running again.

No there aren't, especially not when the land has been rendered sterile or poisoned.

This thread needs a dildo reference.
My work here is done.

Treasury Securities are an investment. If you can convince Wall Street otherwise, I'll be right on board with you.

Sure they are. But, You gave the figures in that's in the SS account. About 3 years worth of funding. Most of the people I'll be collecting off of haven't even been born yet, much less paid into some sort of mythical account that's gaining interest.

This thread needs a dildo reference.
My work here is done.

Might not be a bad idea, boomers brought us the worst VD known to man and the free love boomers spread them around at rates never before seen.

Now we have scroguard.

1412602748214_wps_2_image002_png.jpg

Thanks Boomers.

Might not be a bad idea, boomers brought us the worst VD known to man and the free love boomers spread them around at rates never before seen.

Now we have scroguard.

1412602748214_wps_2_image002_png.jpg

Thanks Boomers.

WHAT THE F IS THAT THING?!?!?!

The reality that kids today have to deal with thanks to the irresponsible sex that boomers were having.

Stock up.

https://scroguard.com/

Wow. Awesome trolling skills.:no::rolleyes2: That Scroguard thing is pretty funny though I have to admit. I wonder if their sales have reached the 100s yet?

I think it pretty lame that you blame Boomers and their irresponsible sex for your belief that you have to buy and wear the Scroguard so that your generation can have irresponsible sex. :rofl:

You have become one bored troll. Kinda whiny too.

I always get a kick out of all the nice stories about what Presidents "did". Especially stuff Congress did during their terms...

Wow. Awesome trolling skills.:no::rolleyes2: That Scroguard thing is pretty funny though I have to admit. I wonder if their sales have reached the 100s yet?

I think it pretty lame that you blame Boomers and their irresponsible sex for your belief that you have to buy and wear the Scroguard so that your generation can have irresponsible sex. :rofl:

You have become one bored troll. Kinda whiny too.

Some believe that all the ills of society are the fault of MMGW. Which is true, but if you look closer, those "men" who "made" it are Boomers. Maybe we should call it BMGW.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back