[NA] As pilots, what are we switching to as we move away from cargo shorts and New Balance?

Meijer had cargo shorts on sale for 40% off today. Should I have bought more than one pair?

Every pilot on every layover except I need a phone holster. Prepping for when I upgrade:lol:

OUQXLxq.jpg
I had to go to the closet to make sure my weekend NBs were still there.
Thankfully they are.

After going to SNF last week, I have no idea what makes the OP think cargo shorts and New Balance shoes are going anywhere.

Good, I was worried and was going to buy 100 pairs of cargo shorts and 30 NB sneakers just to stash away.

I was gonna say, with inflation, the ultimate flex right there lol

After going to SNF last week, I have no idea what makes the OP think cargo shorts and New Balance shoes are going anywhere.

I found that it's getting harder to find comfortable cargo pants. I mostly sit for work so I prefer cargo pants . Short of buying them at a uniform store (EMS pants), I don't see them much in stores.

You only need two pockets. I'm amazed that shorts and pants weren't manufactured with only one pocket prior to the cell phone days.
When I'm out of town at a hotel, when I leave the room I have to be sure I have my room key, my phone, my billfold, my rental car keys and a separate money clip because I don't like keeping a lot of cash in my billfold. I hate putting all those things in one pocket, especially those damn rental car keys where they chain two giant fobs together. Then as we are out and about, I collect receipts from everywhere we go and I put them in a pocket too. So I use (almost) all those pockets. It is so much more manly than carrying a purse.

Now these are shorts... like they should be.

tom-selleck-shorts.jpg

What folks call shorts today are more like pajama bottoms.

Now these are shorts... like they should be.
What folks call shorts today are more like pajama bottoms.
The 70's are calling and they want their shorts back.

Good News!!!!!

My youngest daughter was over a couple days ago and told me that cargo shorts are making a comeback!!! They have been "out" so long that they are now coming back "in".

However, apparently, my shoes are definitely still "Dad Shoes" - she wanted to know what happened to the white New Balance shoes.

61mSq0EbnaL._AC_UY625_.jpg

I just made the move to slip on Sketchers. Should have done that a long time ago. I hadn't been tying my shoes for years anyway. These prevent sock slippage.

I just made the move to slip on Sketchers. Should have done that a long time ago. I hadn't been tying my shoes for years anyway. These prevent sock slippage.

I love slip-on Skechers!

Are Vans permissible? I have never skated.

Back