[NA] Any insights to the Honda Insight?

You’re not wrong, but I bet there are a lot more people driving “never got muddy Jeeps” out there.

Mine has been pretty muddy, dust covered, snow packed, etc., but I’ve know some with 4WD and lift kits that always look like they just came off the showroom floor. Same with pickup trucks. I know of some that are several years old and have never had much of anything in the bed. Not sure why people pay for capabilities they never or seldom use.

Yeah, that and guys in big SUVs and four wheel drive pickups that slow down to about a half a mile per hour to go over speed bumps.

There are a couple sets of train tracks that I cross on my daily commute that are pretty smooth. They are in a 45 mph zone and a short distance from a stop sign. I take them at around 35 mph but I constantly see SUVs and pickups doing exactly what you say about speed bumps.

Mine has been pretty muddy, dust covered, snow packed, etc., but I’ve know some with 4WD and lift kits that always look like they just came off the showroom floor. Same with pickup trucks. I know of some that are several years old and have never had much of anything in the bed. Not sure why people pay for capabilities they never or seldom use.

Because cars are not purely practical purchases. I’m willing to bet that vast majority of car buyers purchase their vehicles primarily on criteria that have nothing to do with cost, real needs, or real use.

Because cars are not purely practical purchases. I’m willing to bet that vast majority of car buyers purchase their vehicles primarily on criteria that have nothing to do with cost, real needs, or real use.

I've got both Yin and Yang.

Honda Fit: Mulch hauler, rc plane transport, 38-mpg conveyance to get to and from the hangar.
Mazda MX-5 Miata: Incredibly impractical, super fun toy to fling around corners at high rates of speed. Great for shorter trips or just to blow the cobwebs out.

There was a Mclaren driving next to me on the interstate a couple months back. I thought, what a beautiful car but yet here you are going 45 mph in stop and go traffic with the rest of us. We came up on the last stop light on top of a hill and he took off like a bullet! I crest the hill and see a cop car with lights flashing in hot pursuit. Busted! :D

Where I live, there are no stoplights on the interstate . . . .

VAFDR_08%20Jan.%2001%2016.06.jpg

I don't think he wants to wait two years...;)
Two years? My wife's niece just got one. I haven't talked to her about it but the sense I got from her FB comments was they went to a dealer and came home with it. They definitely didn't order it two years ago.

Back