N/A Is Anyone Else Glad X-Mas Is Over? N/A

retpd2001

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
retpd2001
I don't know why, but I have a large number of friends who have either lost children over the years or other loved ones this past year. I spent a great deal of time calling them yesterday to wish them my condolences. I am just glad the day is past, as it is not a happy day for many.

Yep, although I was able to mostly ignore the holidays this year...becoming more and more a hermit...still glad the brouhaha is pretty much over (still have New Years to avoid).
Bah, humbug.

It’s always nice to see it come and go. Nice to have some time off and relax for a few days, I know that...

I am relieved. My home was under the control of a 1 year old, pseudo grand-daughter the past 5 days. lol. I now know where snowflakes come from, millennial parents!

Yes I am! It seems like no matter what, nobody likes the presents they got. I'm ready to quit giving just because of the unappreciated attitude.

I even offered to buy my 17 year old son the Sporty's Private course and lessons. He told me he didn't have time right now. Sad day.

Yes I am! It seems like no matter what, nobody likes the presents they got. I'm ready to quit giving just because of the unappreciated attitude.

You could do what my GF family does, put everything you want on an Amazon wish list. Opening yesterday was no real surprise because everyone got something that they already put on the list. However I was pleasantly surprised because I refused to put anything on a list. Told them that they know me well enough to get me something I'll like. They all succeeded and I was very thankful.

You could do what my GF family does, put everything you want on an Amazon wish list. Opening yesterday was no real surprise because everyone got something that they already put on the list. However I was pleasantly surprised because I refused to put anything on a list. Told them that they know me well enough to get me something I'll like. They all succeeded and I was very thankful.
I'm a re-gifter.

I don’t mind the holidays too much as I don’t have to buy into the hype. What bothers me is that for a week on either side it is hard to get things done, everyone is off. especially wrt the smaller offices like doctors and accountants etc. reminds me of the time I needed a part made in Italy only to be told that everyone is on holiday for the month of August!

I even offered to buy my 17 year old son the Sporty's Private course and lessons. He told me he didn't have time right now. Sad day.
That’s why it’s best to just give money and be done.

While I am the point in my like that it is truely more about the thought that counts over the value of a gift...it is one of those days where you find out where you stand in your family when my DOG get more gifts than me!

I am always glad open all the Holidays are over and lift is back to normal without all the obligatory expectations.

Its not over till the coworkers are back from vacation. I should put in for time off the same thing they always pull on me lol.

Its not over till the coworkers are back from vacation. I should put in for time off the same thing they always pull on me lol.
I actually like working when most others are off (as I'm doing now.) Nothing is in a hurry!

If don’t have kids so Xmas really is just annoying, like Easter.

My BIL says the 26th is the best day of the year. Can't get any farther from Christmas.

My BIL says the 26th is the best day of the year. Can't get any farther from Christmas.

Na...January 2nd...26th there is still too much Christmas spillover with people returning gifts and bargain shopping...then too many people are off between Christmas and New Years.

Jan 2nd is the best day IMO, life is back to normal...unless you belong to a gym and have to now deal with all the New Year resolution wannabes...in which case Feb 1 is the best day when they all finally stop showing up!

While I am the point in my like that it is truely more about the thought that counts over the value of a gift...it is one of those days where you find out where you stand in your family when my DOG get more gifts than me!

I am always glad open all the Holidays are over and lift is back to normal without all the obligatory expectations.
To be fair I have never met a dog I didn’t like. People are much more challenging.

I decided to be more like my dog. I now sleep on the couch, pee in the yard and drink my whiskey from a bowl.

I have mixed feelings today. It's another good memory to put in the bank, but I'm sort of sad to see that it's over. But I can't get too glum, we're off to Florida to see the Citrus Bowl this weekend.

If he's a junior in high school, he doesn't have time. Junior year is a booger.

Holidays suck HARD if you're in the medical field. These "days off" at Christmas aren't ... just "shoe horn" 5 days worth of patients into 3:(

I don't know why, but I have a large number of friends who have either lost children over the years or other loved ones this past year. I spent a great deal of time calling them yesterday to wish them my condolences. I am just glad the day is past, as it is not a happy day for many.

Yeah, lost my son on Christmas eve in a car accident but I have learned to move on, it's tough but you cannot change the past!

47687672_10156802589299054_8788609131889033216_n.jpg

Jan 2nd is the best day IMO, life is back to normal...unless you belong to a gym and have to now deal with all the New Year resolution wannabes...in which case Feb 1 is the best day when they all finally stop showing up!

We work out at 5 am, so the New Year's Resolution crowd doesn't make much of an impact on our work outs.

But I can't get too glum, we're off to Florida to see the Citrus Bowl this weekend.

images

58142077.jpg

Nope, I’m still looking forward to a few more days of the Christmas break. I love Christmas...it has been over-commercialized to the extreme, but it is hard to beat if you can cut through that and enjoy the season with family and friends. I will be ready for a return to normalcy next week though!

No, the other blue team.

ap,550x550,16x12,1,transparent,t.u5.png

I'm not, but daughter #1 is.

Here's a little irony: On January 1, 1999, my wife and I attended the Outback Bowl, which featured Penn State and, you guessed it, Kentucky. 20 years later we will be attending the Citrus Bowl with the same two teams. We will have two additional attendees this time.

First Christmas with all 5 grandchildren ranging from 10 months to nearly 5 years for 5 days along with their parents and my other adult children who do not have kids. We have a fairly large house and with 3 levels. My conclusions are the house is not big enough; I didn’t buy enough booze; and sleep is something that only parents seem to feel entitled too. All in all- a good time.

As I have worked on 9 of the last 11 Christmasses, Dec. 25th means little to me. Saturday the 29th is Christmas for my family this year, thus, it has not yet come to pass. Very much looking forward to having 16 of my cherished loved ones in a 1500 sq ft house for a couple days. Good food, good conversation, brothers, sisters, moms, dads, cousins, epic Ping-Pong battles, the Boomer Sooners and Bama. Can't beat it!

Christmas is starting to be a chore. As the kids gets older they are harder to shop for. Wife and I are getting hard to shop for each other after 30 years being together. Entertaining and feeding 10 people for two days Christmas Eve and Christmas is getting to be a pain. Christmas is just getting too exhausting to enjoy. I think wife and I are going on cruise next year with the kids and leave everything else behind.

I loathe Christmas....until it's Christmas. Then I love it.

Always glad it's over, but always glad it happened.

I love Christmas. What it stands for, time off work, time with family, etc. I enjoy all the lights in people's yards and on their houses in the area.

We had a great Christmas, but most of my enjoyment came from watching my 2 1/2 yr old opening gifts and start being able to participate in the "magic" of Christmas. She helped mama make Christmas cookies and leave some out for Santa, and got to run wild with lot of older cousins at 3 different houses. If you get caught up in the commercialization of Christmas, you're doing it wrong. Important lesson taught by a famous Christmas movie:

upload_2018-12-27_9-11-52.jpeg

I love Christmas. Great having everyone home from college and spending time with family. Need to remember the real meaning of the holiday and focus less on the commercialization.
(All the food is pretty nice too!)

This is my favorite time of year. My earliest memory is of Christmas eve 1969, when I was four. Lots of snow outside and us four kids got walkie-talkies for Christmas and my parents let me see how far I could go up the country driveway while they could still hear me. Mom died one week before Christmas several years ago and because of that we think of her fondly through the holidays.

Every Christmas eve my brother brings his family out to dad's and my family joins also. It truly is, and has always been, the best day of the year. We spend all day talking, eating too much, napping, playing games, then open presents at dusk.

Dad with his grandchildren just a few days ago.upload_2018-12-27_9-49-58.png

Back