N/A Drugs from Canada

FastEddieB

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Fast Eddie B
We recently had to get a prescription filled for a new drug one of us may likely have to take forever. Kind of a shock at Walmart - $826.68 for a 90 day supply(!)

I did a Google search for “Drugs from Canada” and there seem to be a variety of options available both for the brand name drug and it’s generic equivalent, both at nice savings.

Anyone get their drugs this way? Any recommended sites and any pitfalls to be aware of?

Thanks in advance.

I have used Mark's Marine Pharmacy in Vancouver, BC and had excellent results. Excellent service, fast shipping, and great pricing compared to here. :cheerswine:

We recently had to get a prescription filled for a new drug one of us may likely have to take forever. Kind of a shock at Walmart - $826.68 for a 90 day supply(!)

I did a Google search for “Drugs from Canada” and there seem to be a variety of options available both for the brand name drug and it’s generic equivalent, both at nice savings.

Anyone get their drugs this way? Any recommended sites and any pitfalls to be aware of?

Thanks in advance.

I did, at a very substantial savings. I never believed the scare tactics that the U.S. manufacturers use to try to talk you out of it.

Mine now get covered by insurance, but I'll see if I can dig up the name of the company I used.

Have you checked with the drug manufacturer to see if they offer any copay assistance programs? Many offer to cover what the insurance company doesn’t so you have no out of pocket expense. I’m on one drug for my MS that rings up at over 100k a year. My cost is $5. The drug companies know that if your out of pocket cost is too high that you are likely to stop using the drug or switch to something else so they pay your cost and just get their already obscene profit out of what the insurance is willing to pay. It might be worth a look as many programs have no limits other than needing to have some form of insurance.

Illegal (FDA), fyi
largely ignored law however.
My wife takes a $24,000/mo drug - so scuze my “p’ff” over yours, lol!

Just me, I'd trust a Canadian drug company more than an American one. Basing that on the belief that we have comparable safety standards and oversight, but that the American companies are likely way more corrupt. I could be wrong. I wouldn't trust direct from other countries, even if they are the source company for the US/Canadian companies, because I have no faith at all that whatever the direct channel is, is legitimate.

Just me, I'd trust a Canadian drug company more than an American one. Basing that on the belief that we have comparable safety standards and oversight, but that the American companies are likely way more corrupt. I could be wrong. I wouldn't trust direct from other countries, even if they are the source company for the US/Canadian companies, because I have no faith at all that whatever the direct channel is, is legitimate.

nih: Most Canadians probably don’t know that many of our pharmaceuticals come from places like India and China.

“I was later told by email that Health Canada conducted 35 inspections at foreign sites in the last five years in what are called non-Mutual Recognition Agreement countries, those countries where we don’t have standing agreements around drug manufacturing standards. They also said that “approximately 76% of drug products imported into Canada are sourced from non-MRA countries.”4“

So here is a side question. I have no qualms about foreign sourced drugs. Right now I have insurance through work, so a drug I am theoretically supposed to take for life is covered by copay and prescription. But if that went away, what does one do about prescriptions? All of the online order options I have explored require them.

Quarterly trips to Tijuana?

So here is a side question. I have no qualms about foreign sourced drugs. Right now I have insurance through work, so a drug I am theoretically supposed to take for life is covered by copay and prescription. But if that went away, what does one do about prescriptions? All of the online order options I have explored require them.

Quarterly trips to Tijuana?
Your doctor can write the prescription, and you can fill it wherever.

It's rumored that there are plenty of drugs available at the southern border, and cheap too! Might not be exactly what you're looking for though ... :D

True? or scare tactics: lower quality/cut with something cheaper/improper ingredients/shady supply chain/Rx police will get you/etc

Wife bought Premarin for about 20% of what local drug store charged. Came from England from Canada Drug.
Not sure they are still in business . Point being ,yes it was same drug , same packaging.

counterfeit products
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3255398/

50% of online drugs may be fakes:
https://www.europeanpharmaceuticalr...ing-counterfeits-and-extending-drug-lifespan/

This vid shows a dog product that is similar in appearance to the real one - but many counterfeit products actually have perfectly identical printing on the packaging so you cannot tell unless you are a forensically trained.
This one was removed by Amazon but there are dozens, hundreds that are probably not removed.

Back